Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P ... Byron Stack ..Gasser Madness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ArtofHotRod, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

R.I.P ... Byron Stack ... You will be missed by all Gasser Guys and Gals

www.gassermadness.com

No ..Im not Chad Stack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Email post from today ...Gasser Madness gang

Hello, My name is Chad Stack. I am Byron's son. I am very sorry to inform all of you who know my dad that he passed away last night. I know that he loved his Gasser friends very much and that his website and groups were his passion. As for his website, I know that he would want it to continue as it is. I am going to look into finding one of his online friends who is both capable and interested in maintaining his site, for now it will remain as is. Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Man, sorry to hear this. Been visiting that site for years and loved it...always stood out to me also since my name is also Byron.

3. WOW, That's really SAD, Enjoyed his site and talking about Gasser's, including mine with him Godspeed Byron

4. Thats sad news, he was a nice guy.

RIP & condolences to his family

5. Muttley

Muttley

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Oh! I am so sorry to hear this. I spoke with Byron several times when putting together my own gasser files. Nice guy!!

Prayers and thoughts for friends and family.

God Speed Byron. You will be missed.

7. AngryAnglia

AngryAnglia

Byron's site has provided me with a lot of inspiration over the years. It's sad to lose someone so passionate about gasser history.

8. Prayers for the family....great website, I was on it a few weeks ago doing research.....Thanks for the memories...

9. 33HEMI

33HEMI

Byron was a great guy and he is going to be missed by many people.
    Shocked and sadden by the news.
    God bless his family and friends.

10. moparron426

moparron426

I seen that on FB that is so sad.
    R.I.P. Byron you kept the gassers alive with your website.
    I will miss you.:(

11. condolences to his family

12. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've looked in on Byron's site or years, but only joined a short time ago. He really was a historian of all that was the gas classes, and did a lot to revive the interest in gassers. He'll be sorely missed.
    Condolences to his family!

13. That's sad news. Seemed like a very nice guy, and had a great website. Godspeed, Byron.

14. What a shock!! So sad!! Ive looked at his site for years and it kept me going on my gassers. My prayers go out to his family and friends. I hope someone will keep the site
    up and running !!!! We should all go out and fire up our Gassers at the same time in his honor!!! Lets set this up guys!!! What a great guy he was!! RIP

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

another treasure has moved on. My condolences to his family and friends

16. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

Sorry and Sad too hear this! R.I.P Byron!!!

17. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Damn, that's awful news. I first "met" Byron as a result of the old gas/fx group on Yahoo. Finally got to officially meet him at the first Gasser reunion at Thompson. I sent him a box of old pictures which he posted on the GasserMadness site. Just a great guy with a true passion for gassers. RIP my friend. You will be missed. My condolences to the family. Mike

18. pastlane

pastlane

Wow what a shock. I never met Byron in person but we traded many emails over the years.

My condolences to his family.

19. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

What a shame, R.I.P. Byron and thanks for what you have done for to keep the gassers alive.

Jon

20. Man, talk about a bomb shell, rest in peace Byron. I had the pleasure to enjoy his company over the last few years at the Gasser meets, what a great guy he was and a damn shame to be taken from us.

21. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

That is really sad news. I loved that site, lots of the cars that had such an influence on my youth.

Rest in Peace Byron. Really is very sad.

22. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is such sad and shocking news. We met Byron at Thompson years ago. We were all there for the gasser reunion. We spent the better part of Friday night and into Saturday morning walking around the parking lots and bs'ing with Byron about all the gassers. Glad to have met him. Proud to have called him a friend. Rest in piece Byron.
    Wanda and Larry

23. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

I didn't know Byron, but it is always sad to hear when we loose someone. Especially someone who takes the time to make web sites such as his to help preserve our hobby.

24. shoebox50

shoebox50

Sorry for your loss. RIP Bryron

25. southern thunder

southern thunder

a great guy, he will be missed, Chad,you and yours are in our prayers. GODSPEED Byron.

26. Condolences to his family. He will be missed by the gasser community for sure....

27. RIP Byron , godspeed..

28. beegator

beegator

Chad, our gasser family lost a friend. All of Pirrone & Ellershaw racing and RetroThunder racing send our condolences to you and your family. Your father was a member of Rocky and Bill's website. God speed Byron.

Annette

29. Gasser Madness has been a wealth of info and pics. I always enjoy getting lost in all those great photos.

Sad day, condolences to you and your family Chad. R.I.P. Byron!

30. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am at a loss for words, Byron and I go back about 15 years and he was a very good friend. Thompson Gasser Reunions were all because of Byron, he brought alot of old gasser nuts together and made us a family, I guess you could call him the father of the gasser craze we have today. Rest in peace my friend, you will be missed! Dave.