Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SOMEONE Hit the Motherload ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Mother Lode....

2. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

5 bucks it's headed for the ports at Newark....all headed overseas XP

3. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The fellow who used to run Swedish Auto Repair, I believe his name was Lotar or something close. after he sold Swedish Auto, he started another shop across from the Crouse Hinds plant just north of the Wolf 7th North Street intersection, Next the old diner. The building he was in was a lot bigger than it looked from the street. He passed away a couple of weeks ago, I was in there about 5 years ago and he had a collection of old iron filling the rear part of the shop. Wonder if they were his and are being sold off by his estate?

Don't know if this will work

http://www.bing.com/maps/?showupgra...1LjQ3MzM0NzA0MjI0NDMlN2UtMTA5LjEzODc2MzQyNw==

4. sircampsalot2

sircampsalot2

Even though the fenders are already bent I would be pissed if a car hauler brought my vehicles to me with the fron tires of one setting on the hood of another!

5. henry29

henry29

Is that an Indiana plate on that ford, or California?

6. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

wtf......
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

7. Yeah they're different, Brougham only. Brougham parts cars pop up on occasion, that car would be real close to being one by most collectors standards. It appears all the side glass is busted out also, at least on the pass side.

8. Caddy on the bottom should have been loaded top middle, and the '57 Chevy is worth so little it's hardly worth hauling anywhere, put it in the Swap Sheet for $1000 and move on.

Lot that's in is on Wolf St. just east of 7th North, I recognize it, it was a Crouse Hinds parking lot I think when they had more people working there. All fenced in with a gate. The shop someone else mentioned is right near there too, hard to miss, a bunch of semi-derelict Volvos out front looking like a dealer that shut down in 1990 and never sold the inventory off.

Which, if they were scrapping those cars, Roth Steel is right down the street, and there'd be no reason to load them on a truck even that nice, or even get a truck that big, one guy with a rollback could have hauled them all in in a couple of hours, or they'd all be stacked on top of one another.

I have to think I'd have left a note on the truck if the gate was open. You could sell those three Cads without even blinking. The '59 Ford would probably go pretty easy too.

9. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

More answers. This is at the North Side of Syracuse. Load is a P.U.N. sparky.

I knew Lotar, I didn't realize that he pased on. This is almost right behind his shop.

I saw all of the Garage Doors opened at Lotar's place. Maybe the mystery is solved.

Lotar was a really nice guy and one HELL of a Swedish Automobile Mechanic.

The Plates are California. as for W.T.F. - I agree - W.T.F. didn't this guy just drop these

cars off at my place ! !

Enjoy.

VR&C.

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I like to look at it like they are being rescued

I bet from the way the T-bird is stacked on the caddy front , it was probably already F-ed up so it was the obvious candidate for the job

11. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Went back by this afternoon. Still there, gate locked. I see this as a good sign. They are NOT moving ! ! ! I figured that they'd be gone today. I looked at my images with a close up feature. These cars are all kinda rough but very restorable. The Fairlane 500 is
    in very, very good shape. The '57 is almost scrap, especially given it's market value.
    The Eldo's and Caddy sedan are very desirable. I'm gonna keep on trying to make contact with the Trucker, owner, etc.....

VR&C.

12. I saw another thread that the Scrap prices are up again...;)

13. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

What an adventure. Keep us informed!

14. greenblood

greenblood

Man thats a big heavy load, from memory there were only about 700 Brougham's made. Thats a rare fender that T-Bird is sittin on. Hope they go to a good home. Mine is good, they can live here:D

15. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

the two other 57's are both Eldorado Biarritz and worth some cash not to mention as already has been the Brougham. also both 57's have the Sabre wheels and the Brougham seems to have at least 3 of 4 very rare and expensive Brougham wheels.

WOW

16. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

Very nice Cadillacs, might be that the owner is in the process of moving? Here's a couple of similar photos although the transport trucks suck and there are a few too new cars in the mix...

Attached Files:

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those convertibles aren't just convertibles, they are ElDorado convertibles.
    The 59 Ford 500 is a retractible hardtop, see the seam in the deck above the emblem where the deck hinges?
    Great load.

18. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Went back again today. Still there. No one there ?? I'll keep trying. I'd like to have 3 Caddy's ! !

19. superwasp912

superwasp912

Have seen hauler loads in Sav Ga several times headed to the ports to be exported.people by'em up cheap over here and make a fortune over there.All our iron is leaving home for the sake of the almighty dollar.J.R.

20. Deuces

Deuces

Why not leave a note on the gate with yer phone # and let him know yer interested???

21. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

By NY state standards they are GOLD in my opinion. Some people would pass on those at the first site of rust. They look a hell of alot better than any car i've ever brought home.

22. greenblood

greenblood

In Oz we lose Falcon coupes, Mad Max (Road Warrior) is to blame. Spread the love for the love of owning one, not making money. Its a shame. Im bringing a 57 Coupe De Ville over right now. They cost way too much here. I WONT be selling her to no one.

23. That 4 door Chevy looks a little out of place among the rest of the high dollar cars!:rolleyes::D

[​IMG]

24. Movie companies buy cars all over the country, and I've seen them picked up in a similar fashion when they collect the cars they've bought. These beauties may be headed for a cosmetic make over and starring roles. The chev may be a car slated for a crash scene, semi explaining its place amoung the other gems.

Doug.

25. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

26. them cad fenders just made me shiver

someone has some splainen to do "LUUUUCY!"

27. INTMD8

INTMD8
    from Il.

28. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Somebodys saving them,and thats all that matters...

29. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'm guessing making their way to a port for shipment overseas. probably scandanavia somewhere.

30. Deuces

Deuces

Nope! Try china for a melt down... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.