Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just met Bill Hines & Gene Winfield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ken Carvalho, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

WOW, may not be "big" news to most of you, but was SURREAL to me!! Here at his birthday party at the Broiler!!!
    Ken

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Wow, missed meeting you. I got there at 7am to get parking secured for Bill, Brad and Gene. Just got home like 45 min. ago.

3. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Yeah, I "think" I saw you by your '56?? but you were in a convesation with someone so didn't want to interrupt, and my little girl was "dying" for a piece of cake so we got some. Saw John D' also, but didn't have a chance to meet him, saw some familiar faces but again didn't feel right just sticking my nose in the middle as most don't know me, I just know
    them from seeing them in Evels DVD's or on tv shows or such. Had a bitchen time, truly awesome!!!!
    Ken

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

You should of, I see all those people all the time ;).

5. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Hind sight,!! I should have? You had a steering column in the trunk and I though you were maybe making a sale so didn't want to interrupt. Oh well, next time.
    My goal in life has ALWAYS been to move back to San Diego, BUT I was really digging Bellflower and Downey!!! I think we are going to "broaden" our search to include them when we are able to actually perform that dream!!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  6. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Thats cool, I've never met them but would love to sit and listen to them about the days when they got started and some of their projects. I could listen for hours about that kind of thing.

7. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

Gene and Bill are at the KKOA show in Salina Ks. at the end of July.

8. funk 49

funk 49

I envy you Chopper. I'd really like the chance to meet those guys. Sounds like a great show at the broiler.