Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. haha, slip, i hope you don't mind if i post another picture of YOUR car.
    [​IMG]

2. I did not run the stainless around the windshield because i had no belt line stainless. For me it would have had no flow it would have stood out a bit for my likings. I didn't french the headlight either so I could use an original Cal-Custom hood trim piece I had.

John

The paint is not metallic it is a valspar single stage to give it that lacquer look. the color is Torreador Red

Zach

Thanks for the pictures man I appreciate it. Did we talk at the roadster show?

3. Hey bigdaddyslip, our cars could be cousins... :cool:

[​IMG]

4. Low tech I love that car. I love the Ayala styled headliner. She is perfect!!!

5. thanks man. I saw yours at GNRS, it's fantastic.

6. no, i don't think we talked at the roadster show. i just thought it was a good looking car so i took some pictures.

7. Zach thanks man I appreciate it. I had a greet conversation with a guy from the Midwest and I forgot his handle here on the HAMB.

8. skooch

skooch

Lowtech, Love your chevy, what color is that?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  9. sophisto79

sophisto79

Yeah I think this is my favorite thread (top 5 at least). I am learning so much more about Kustoms and what I really want to build and cruise. Your Chevy is a beaut my friend. I'm making plans...

10. thanks skooch, it's a factory color called oxford maroon.

11. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Very nice Chevys!

FINALLY, I got my new project over to Sweden from the good ol' US of A.
    Not a kustom yet, but my future period project in 1947-48 California kustom style.
    Gaylord-style top and more...

Just rolled her out and put on -39 Buick style skirts and a sombero cap.
    Not ready for this thread in some years, but hopefully sooner than later.

[​IMG]

Finally in my garage!
    [​IMG]

BigO likes this.
  12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Everything that you expected and more??? Can't wait to see you put that one together. It's already got THEE grille so that battle's been won haha!!!

Did you get those heads?

13. jerseymike

jerseymike

looks great j.b., can't wait to see what you do with this one. i see your taste in garage wall art isn't as high as your taste in customs!:D

14. sophisto79

sophisto79

That's gonna be beautiful J.B. congratulations!

15. Love the lines and grille of your LaSalle; will make a great custom! Do yo have some
    history to go with it?

16. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Wow! Nice car JB, cant wait to see how it turns out, you have fantastic taste in custom cars :D

17. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Congrats Kent..fantastic project! cant wait to see progress on this one!
    I knew someone over here,could help he lower the stash of old Edmunds caddy heads I have some where, in the back of the shop ha ha

-Palle

[​IMG]

18. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Yummie! I will help this person to get some more space in the shop... ;)

Thanks for your kind words, guys. With my 7 days a week-work, I will have very little time to be quick on this one. It is one incredible machine, for sure.

Big thanks to Jeffrey James who went and looked it over for me before deciding to buy it. The heads you refer to were already sold...

I might start a build thread on this one when something starts to happen later on.

19. J.B. WOW...that car is real nice and I am very envious.I know this is going to be a heavy hitter on the outside and under the hood.I am so glad you are going to run that Caddy flathead.....Oh ya I have a gorgeous Edmunds Manifold that goes real well with those heads.Congrats on the new cad,gorgeous car you have,I even love em stock.

20. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Looking good J.B. Now let the fun begin :)

21. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Makes sense man. kinda what i was thinking. I love that hood strip and the fact that you did not french the lights. it is an amazing car. I saw it in person at the GNRS and couldnt get enough of it. I think i took a hundred photos of it too. everthing was well thought out and tasteful. Nice job you nailed it man.

22. Nailed it ? I dont know........rubber seal instead of stainless.I disagree,Right off the bat there are two Ayala Customs that come to mind that had no beltline and gorgeous stainless around the windshield and I have never heard anybody say that they didn't flow.That would be Louie's Merc and Dan's Chevy.Especially Landons Chevy.......to a lot of people,it's the best of all time and it did flow.I like your car man but I also love stainless on a custom especially if it is trying to look like its from a early era.Just my opinion though.

23. Jeff I totally respect that opinion. I have not ruled it out. I am constantly looking and wanting to change pieces here and there. I love the Landon Chevy. I actually have the kaiser side spears and I still have the stainless, but who knows maybe I'll revamp the whole thing next year I like havin options.

24. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Well I guess I was going more for "You Nailed the Look you were after" in less words. I agree that stainless would look great and the reason I brought it up to begin with. but compliments are due on that car. And yess I agree that there are a few cars that had no belt line and windshield stainless and looked great.

My fleetline currently has no stainless around the rear glass which I think is a sin. it drives me nuts. but will be remedied soon enough

25. I think slip's car would look even more killer with the window stainless. I don't have mine on front and rear but it's eventually going to make it's way onto the car.

26. Here's a little idea I created a few years ago that I hope the community finds to be in the spirit of this wonderful thread.
    Enjoy!! -Mark

The Art
    [​IMG]

The Back-story behind the Design
    [​IMG]

If you like the idea and you'd like your own copy, send me a pm with an email address, and I'll forward you a Hi-Res version you can print out. Everything here on the Web is really just 72dpi so the quality is quite low but I'll send you the 300dpi version. I'd love to see someone take a swing at building it one day.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  27. Mighty fine son, mighty fine ;)

28. sophisto79

sophisto79

Bump for some more Kustoms...c'mon let's see some new builds!

29. 'Mo

'Mo

Fact is, only the Chevy DeLuxe models were originally equipped with the stainless (Specials were NOT.)

Later than '52, but great vintage customs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And in MHO, you can certainly still nail it, even without windshield stainless.
    Fabian Valdes:

[​IMG]

Jesus Valencia:

[​IMG]

Flyin Flattie:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    BigO likes this.
  30. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Kent.......I thought you were going to wait a while before springing your new ride on the masses??

Hey, give me yell.......

CB