Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Not really a "sitting and rotting"photo. Didn't this truck make it to the Goodguys in Nashville last year or year before?

2. mikef813

mikef813

Not really a "sitting and rotting"photo. Didn't this truck make it to the Goodguys in Nashville last year or year before?
    Well before he cut down the tree it was sitting and rotting......

3. mikef813

mikef813

Okay Don, how about these.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]otobucket.com/albums/hh506/mikef813/002.jpg[/IMG]

4. mikef813

mikef813

5. mikef813

mikef813

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Here's my contribution for this weekend,i went to take picture of a Caddy funeral car for a member here,& decided to take a few shots.

Attached Files:

7. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

more:

Attached Files:

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

& some more.

Attached Files:

9. newrider3

newrider3

I love Martin's...looks like they've been doing some cleaning/organizing since I last posted photos of their stuff.
    That Cad flower car is pretty neat, too bad it is so rotten.

10. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

more?

Attached Files:

11. mikef813

mikef813

Amphicar,
    your post inspired me this morning... I went back by an old barn find near here. It a 37 Hudson Terraplane that was made into a truck years ago.This on sits in a barn not far from the owners house but even closer to the road. Over a year ago I did a web search and found the owners name and info. I asked around at church and found a fellow who knows the man , he inquired and was told its not for sale ...old family heirloom. This morning when I saw it, thieves had busted open the back of the barn and stolen the radiator. I went by the house and met the wife, again gave them my info and told them if they wanted help moving the car/truck to a more secure location I would be glad to help...you never know.
    mike

12. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

they crushed a lot of the rotten stuff, the caddy fell in half when they picked it up,i spent 1 1/2 hours out there and still didn't get all,:eek:

13. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

Here are some I saw a few years ago. The owner's family ownes the land and he has dreams of fixing the 58 ford up. There is not much left of it and the motor is seized. The Plymoths are sunk in the mud but My friend worked a deal to get the front bumper off od the blue one for the rear of his 51 ford.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      479 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      417.2 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      443.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      445.1 KB
      Views:
    • 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      436 KB
      Views:
    • 039.JPG
      039.JPG
      File size:
      451.5 KB
      Views:
    • 041.JPG
      041.JPG
      File size:
      407.2 KB
      Views:
  14. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

And here is another wrecker near Gimili Manitoba

Attached Files:

15. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey damagedduck, if you mentioned earlier I missed it. Where is Martin's? Looks like a road trip might be in order . . .

Attached Files:

16. Terraizer

Terraizer

Pretty sure its in Windsor Colorado, they ebay alot also. Bought a Ford 9" for like $60.00 a few years ago from them.

17. newrider3

newrider3

Yep, right along Hwy 34 between Loveland and Greeley CO. The guys at the counter are random number generators, so you might get a great deal or get screwed depending on who you talk to there. It it a u-pull yard, or they can get stuff for you for additional cost.

18. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Let me know if you have any additional info on that '39-40 PU.

The T coupe is for sale, much like everything else in this gallery.
    http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/CarsandTrucks/
    I think he wants a grand or less for any of the other 20's cars you'll see in the various galleries/pics. Its over just west of Assiniboia Sask. Specifically in a wee little hick-town called Melville. Thats where the Diamond T is as well. I dont know who owns that. Im waiting for it to warm up as well so I can head back out there and find out. A bunch of people have checked out my galleries and inquired about that one as well.

A good share of the other pics were taken in a decent sized lot down in Wood Mountain, just south of Assiniboia off the highway. He never wants much at all, perhaps a few hundred for anything. I didn't see that '64 Biscayne there last time I was there, so I dont know about that one. Mind you I didn't spend much time there last time I was down that way.
    Let me know if you want anything in particular and I'll connect you to the proper owner.

19. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

yep^-^-^ ask for charlie,

Highway 34 Auto & Truck Sales 8405 U.S. Highway 34, Windsor, CO 80550 <nobr>(970) 686-9391</nobr> &#8206;

20. caseyajones

caseyajones

I've a brother in Oregon with these cars sitting--not rotting--- for 40+ years. Will never do anything with them--or turn loose of them.

Attached Files:

21. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

^ Those Honda Dream motorcycles in that last pic are worth a fortune if complete.

Even if they aren't they'd still fetch a premium on ebay.

22. fitzee

fitzee

always fun coming back to this post!! cool stuff

23. b-bop

b-bop

Your brother needs an ass kicking :)

24. b-bop

b-bop

Some from my files, not just rotting, can be bought, PM me if interested, Outside Edmonton, AB

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  25. An old Chrysler coupe 48 I think.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Wow really? where? There is that huge lot over in Sherwood Park. But those guys want an absolute mint for their stuff, even though half of it is unsalvageable.

Some really nice finds in those pics alone; I'd be interested to see what else they have. Can you PM me the info? Im also in Calgary. Thanks man!!!:)

27. Hey dude! Melville is at least three hours away from Assiniboia, north and east, and I can tell you that this stash is nowhere near here!! Second of all, at around 5000 people it ain't a hick town either.... You spouting off some typical ALBERTA stuff?? You maybe meant Melavel?? Sounds the same but spelt different, and that place is just west of Assiniboia...

We got better quality stuff hiding in our pastures :)

28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It's a 1 1/2 ton with the grain box removed, once thesnow is gone and it dries up a bit I am driving one of my oldies over for a visit (old cars always seem to help break the ice)

Is there any kind of list of the inventory? I am looking for unusual stuff normally.

29. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Melaville, That must be it. Being a calgary native I forget the details. There is probably 20 people living there. And this town is 20 min west of assiniboia on highway 13.

30. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

where about in gimli is this ?