Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your vintage fuel filters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Max Gearhead, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Needs some ideas for a fuel filter that at least looks kinda old. Spin on or cartridge type or ? If it looks cool that would be a big bonus. Please show me whatcha got. :D Thanks.

2. henry29

henry29

Here's mine,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Original Buick fuel filter
    [​IMG]

4. I just made up this system for my 34 project. Vintage Ansen fuel filter. Small paper style filters. Luckily it came with quite a few new ones. I have not looked for modern replacements yet. It looks kinda billet but is older.

Attached Files:

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I love sediment bowls because I grew up with them and they are cheap to collect.

[​IMG]

My 2 favorite because they were popular with the hotrodders of old.

[​IMG]

I was tickled to find a pair of chrome plated ones for this setup.

6. alchemy

alchemy

7. That is very interesting Jeff. Now you have me thinking.:cool:

8. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

Domed AC filter on my nailhead. Someone told me it's an early 1960s Corvette filter, I don't know if that's true.

Attached Files:

9. 36tbird

36tbird

I just bought a Malpassi which is a filter and a regulator. There was a discussion about them on here. Do a search to see pics. They were used on exotic foreign cars so I thought it would be neat to feed the two 81's on my flathead when I get it going.

10. Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not, but since I came across this one, I'll post this up here first.

I was flipping through my recent Rod & Kulture, Issue #28, and came across a detail picture of Ed Ward's 32 Roadster.

It's three fuel filters on a fuel block... That picture has been stuck in my head for days. I love the look!

Since there seems to be a collector or two on this thread, I was hoping maybe someone could ID them for me. I'm not sure if it's a big fuel block with lots of room, or just three small filters. Either way, if someone could identify the filters for me, I'd really appreciate it.

I scanned the magazine, so here's hoping for some luck!
    (If you keep clicking on the image, it should open up pretty big)

Attached Files:

11. Hokey smokes that's a wild looking setup. Thanks!

12. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I love the old fitaregs that they had in the late 50's i have a couple, 2 of them even have green bowls

13. Not sure if that was directed at me, but I think so too!

I'm having thoughts about running the same thing on my 3x2 setup... if I can find a fuel block and three filters that will fit, that is.

14. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

The '57 E-birds (2x4) used a canister w/disposable filter. They are called "garbage cans" due to their looks ... there are originals and service replacements out there. The only problem is they are rare as hen's teeth (both versions), but if you can score one, they look great in a vintage engine bay, especially if polished/painted/whored up. You might try eBay if you are feeling flush.

15. Guess I was able to answer my own question.

Was cruising around epay and came across two separate listings for Carter Fuel Filter Assemblies. Apparently they came on Jeep CJ2A's and CJ3A's. Possibly Willys as well.

Either way, these two for sale seem to be an exact match... Anyone wanna lend me some money? :D

Attached Files:

16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

40 years ago I found a redish bronze sediment bowl. It was not the glass bowl type but all bronze. No picture but it had Stromberg on it. It was so cool looking after I polished and cleared it. I've never seen another one like it.

17. cruzr

cruzr

heres mine

Attached Files:

18. Any info that you can share with us on that cool part?

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Search these exact words on evil bay
    Maserati Bora Fuel Filter Regulator Malpassi Assembly

:D

Attached Files: