Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What us trad rodders were doing in the 70's...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badshifter

badshifter

This website is a perfect snapshot of what a big part of the 70's looked like. Mostly OT, all cool. Some OT stuff and maybe some inspiration. I bet Porknbeaner can relate...
    I don't know whose it is, or how I found it but I'm pretty sure I did some of this stuff......
    And I know, what's it got to do with the HAMB? Hit the report button and complain. I'm easy.
    http://upintherear.tumblr.com/

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

Man, That was great.

3. Anderson

Anderson

That is 100% awesomeness.

4. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Ha. I still have the mustache and the Ray Ban Aviators, (they now have corrective lenses in the frames). The '67 'Stang is long gone as well as the '53 Mainline Tudor with a Merc crank, two pot Offy and Weber cam.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup! Air shocks and Holley double pumpers on bone stock engines! The 70's ROCKED!

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I feel the need to say "Totally Boss"

7. Larjk9

Larjk9

Man do I remember those days. Looks like my high school parking lot.

8. S.F.

S.F.

kinda strange...I was just thinken there needs to be a site that has to do with what was going on between 1970-1980....although Im not sure Ill be able to access a site that is named "up the rear" at work.....wait, what am I doing on the hamb at work

9. seems like I was back there all over again. thats exactly what it was like. The Cloths ,hair ,cars. cool thread!!!

10. BISHOP

BISHOP

So many of those cars reminded me of friends I grew up with.

11. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Dont let anyone kid you! That 12:33 time slip was really quick run at the time. Especially if it was for a street driven car.

12. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Damn it, wheres that "report button"!!! I wanna hit it JUST to bump this back up to the top!!!! Thats bitchin' shit!!!!

13. codeblu

codeblu

What were we thinking...?

14. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Ah, jacked up muscle cars, many already beat to crap and on their last legs well under their 5-10 year old mark. Yes, I remember it well. Thanks to those photos, maybe a bit too well.

15. 117harv

117harv

Although i didn't get my license until 79, i had two older brothers who had an endless stream of friends and muscle cars at the house. White painted diffs with american flag painted on it, Et, Cragar, Apliance, moons, Hijackers with window sticker, 8-track, Moody Blues, BTO, Doobie Bros.....i could go on and on. Took my drivers test in a green 67 Cougar:)

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1, my first car was a jacked up '66 Mustang. I got rid of those shackles as quickly as I could, I think they are still in the garage at my parent's place, awaiting the resurgence of '70s kitsch.

17. Talk about a blast from the past, thanks for posting that.;)

18. Looking at that link I cant help but thinking most of the shots are mostly before (or soon there after) of the 73 gas crunch .... the whole world changed that year.

I made the eight hundred mile trip to see Evel jump the Snake around that time and spent many, many hours on the road to Twin Falls just trying to score 10 gallons of gas at a time. The whole car scene took a deadly nosedive that year

19. Fantastic!!!!!!! A real trip down memory lane.....

20. ... oh, after thought, I gots a set of Gabrial Hy-Jackers still in the bax if anyone wants to relive those days! LOL

21. JD Miller

JD Miller

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

Took this picture of my old pal Vince in '74 or '75,... When "Traditional" was called "Nostalgia", And we were both building them,.. That was when people were throwing away those old nasty flatheads J-2's, Caddy's, Dropped front axles ( in favor of the way cool Corvair IFS) And tearing apart old original Hot Rods to make Street Rods out of them.
    [​IMG]

This sat silent in Dads garage for a few years waiting for the day I would get back home, and get to work on it,... 1973 ;):D
    [​IMG]

It had a 331 Caddy, 39 Trans. and shortened 40 rear.

I got my Uncle to keep my daily driver in his barn in South Lyon,.. "until I got back to the world" (some of you will know what that means.) :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  23. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thats a cool site. A slice of Americana..

24. Skirv

Skirv

Okay, After viewing that link....I'll confess to being an offender too. Seemed cool at the time.

[​IMG]

25. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Far out, man.

26. Spork!

Spork!

I turned 18 in 1974 and had a '65 GTO with air shocks, Crager SS's and Thrush mufflers. Great link!

27. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Yep, good times! I had a 67 Camaro with an L88 427, Muncie, 12 bolt posi with 4:10s, Cragar SSs, pizza cutters up front with VW tires, L60x15s in the back, Lakewood traction bars, air shocks, comp plus shifter, grant wheel. God, I was a rolling bill board for the aftermarket! That car was a blast. I feel sorry for the kids now, but I suppose every generation getting old feels the same.

28. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Hell I must be ahead of the coming nostalgia muscle car theme, in the late nineties I had a Chevelle and I jacked up the rear and stuffed the biggest tires in there I could and thought it was perfect (still do).

29. roughneck424

roughneck424

[​IMG] Where my Bell Bottoms when I need em?
    <<< 30 years of beer and cheeseburgers

30. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Same car roughneck424? That's cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.