Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 Kaiser Drag'n build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NTAPHSE, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Congratulations to you and your wife! Is this your first?

2. skoh73

skoh73

Congrats and the car looks amazing outside!

3. daddio211

daddio211

Very, very cool!

4. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks everyone!

It's not that the roof is too low, but that with the headliner, carpet pad and carpet, plus new foam on the seats, that I lost headroom. I am going to take the seats apart and lower the seat frames to fix it. It's pretty annoying. I used to fit in there perfectly, but did not anticipate all these things changing. I guess it's one of those things you don't learn until you do a full build like this.

5. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Congratulations! Looking good, all three.

6. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

wow is all i can say. WOW! i dont know how i am just finding this thread now but this is by far one of my favorite cars now. its unreal in every way and the attention to detail has made everything just first class. Congrats on the most wiked ride around and congrates on the lil one. sweeeeeet sweeeeet ride

7. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Holy crap it's here.

Attached Files:

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You tease! Can't wait to see it!

iPhone - TJJ app

9. That's what it's all about. I brought all FOUR of my kids home in the Rambler. Can't have them starting off life in some soulless appliance. :)

Must have been a struggle to fit that baby capsule in with a chopped two-door. It's bad enough with an unchopped four-door sedan!

10. Congrats on the new addition to your family. Yeah I have my exhaust dumped at the axle it's nice and rumbly but I don't think my 4 and 6 year olds will appreciate it as much as me.

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Thanks for sharing your build with us, I'm so happy for you.

12. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks guys.

The TRJ article turned out so nice, I'm very, very happy with it. Pat Ganahl spent a couple of hours on the phone with me, and these guys take journalistic integrity very seriously. They got 99.9% of it spot on, and the little miscommunications don't affect the story at all. I got a total of 13 pages I think and Pat said he wrote 2500 words for the story. They showed 5 or 6 full shots of the car from every angle, plus all the details, and Steve's photography has such a cool, unique look to it. I do think that the overexposed low light photography made the paint a little hard to read at times, but it's balanced by some bright sun rolling shots that show all the pearl and metalflake in the paint. Clearly a Winfield fade is hard to capture then print and show it as though you were looking at it in real life. I hope I don't sound unappreciative as I write this, I just can't help but examine everything with a microscope, and obviously nobody is going to notice all these details the same way as the owner who was present at the photoshoot and who built the car. All in all, there is no other magazine feature that would have come close to covering the car the way these guys did it, and I am overflowing with excitement and gratitude. I can't wait for #54 to come out so I can hear all of your feedback.

13. daddio211

daddio211

You don't sound unappreciative or critical at all. You sound like a proud, grateful owner show simply said "pictures don't do it justice". Congrats on the feature and the new addition!

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I can't wait for #54 to come out either. Pat wouldn't have happened to mention when that would be, did he?

iPhone - TJJ app

15. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Looks awesome man! great job!

16. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Congrats Keith! Being a dad is fun! That carseat looks tight; they fit so much easier once you can let the baby sit forward facing.
    Lowering the front seats even 1 inch would make a world of difference I think.

I can't wait to see the Kaiser in the Rodder's Journal :cool:.

17. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

When is it due to hit the stands?

18. jick

jick
    from london

i cant wait to that issue...the job you have done on that car is just incredible.

congratulations dude!...

19. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

Congrats man, got our copy the other day and was happy to see your Kaiser in there. It's such a killer car and the article really did it justice in my opinion. It's hard to argue with TRJ's super thorough car features...can't find that anywhere else.

20. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I'm not exactly sure since it's quarterly, but it should be some time in February.

21. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks TLB. Did you guys have a car in that issue?

Apparently TRJ sent a copy to Winfield's too. I got a very excited phone call from them. They haven't seen the car since it was a painted shell getting loaded into a trailer to leave the shop.

22. Amazing!
    Congrats on a epic build.

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Congrats on the kid and TRJ feature, well fuckin deserved.
    There should be more guys like you around.

24. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

Whats going on with the Rodder Journal feature?

Super cool that you brought your baby home in the Kaiser.

25. Yeah... I guess it looks OK. ;)

Huge congrats.

Yes, it really is Grandad's old Rambler.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

Attached Files:

26. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

Oh my god that is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

27. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks for all the kind words.

The image Brootal posted is from the TRJ email newsletter that was sent out this week. According to the newsletter issue #54 will be mailed to subscribers within a week or so. Not sure when it hits newsstands.

28. CONGRATS...well deserved...great build and great car

29. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I know I will get this issue off the newsstand for sure!

30. afaulk

afaulk

Trying to express my appreciation for all the hard work and VISION that went into this very cool build in a word......................DUDE!