Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rude comments about my car whats the deal ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

It is a proven fact you just can't fix stupid. I would have ask him what he was driving and burnt his ass.

2. chuckbob

chuckbob

My Father use to say. "Have you ever notice that there are more Horses Asses in this world then there are Horses?"

3. Yeah, you really DID screw up that car with the flames lol. Then again, so did I! Ask anyone, they'll tell ya! :rolleyes:

4. OldTC

OldTC

The worst thing you could do to a person who thinks his opinion is valuable is to let him know it doesn't mean shit.

To do that...I'd have said; "And you're an idiot."

5. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Brother, ain't that the truth. PT Cruiser or newer T-bird owners at a cruise night talking about the good old days. Then they get in, turn on the A/C and adjust their lumbar support and drive 55 the whole way back to their condo. Some folks are out of touch with what makes this hobby great.

Club members can also be the worst offenders, too. I've got some stories. But like everyone has said you need to enjoy it for YOU and the work you've put in yourself. Sometimes cruises & shows aren't as enjoyable as that long early morning drive by yourself in the machine you brought to life with your own two hands. Best feeling in the universe!

6. 5window

5window

I agree that the OP ran into a rude,unknowing jerk.And, there are plenty out there. On the other hand,every day, here on the HAMB, we have the "police" blast others because their car is not traditional enough. Glass houses,you know?

7. grazy

grazy

I dont have consider myself to be thin skinned, and have no problems pissing off the mainstream. I got my fill of the anal restorers years ago when my dad restored Mustangs .I dont care what Joe Blow or the judges think the only opinion I value is that of my buddies and somtimes even those go in one ear and out the other. I guess that eliteist holier than thou supremist attitude caught me off guard . Different strokes for different folks . I just dont go around giving unsolicited opinions because every one has a different idea of whats cool.The man never even saw my car and hates it ? Well my 62 Rambler wagon was always that way some of the people who loved it really loved it and those who hated it really hated it . Oh well I hate Hugger Orange 69 Camaros so I guess I'll never be mainstream.

8. I had my 52 at a show in Medford and a guy looks at her and said nice body work I said thanks he said it was a nice ratrod. I asked him what made him think it was a ratrod, he said it had swade ! I tried to explain that it dont make since to paint nice paint just to strip it off to make more changes to the on going body work, he looked at me and said I didnt think of that,

9. 68vette

68vette

Yes...I agree.

There are quite a few on here...especially the " so called racers" but a few very nice folks on here privately emailed me and apoligized for the the idiots.

10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

opinions are like A**holes everyone has one, either they are jealous , or trying to wind you up , frankly if you are happy with it WHO CARES , words mean nothing ,

11. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Why would you even care what some random stranger says about your car? People can be, and sometimes are rude when stating their opinions that's just a fact of life.....the person has the right not to like your choices in cars, so let this wound fester or grow a thicker skin over it and get on with your life.

If my statement pisses you off then you still haven't learned anything.:)

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you care what anyone else thinks/says about something you put on public display your the loser. It's a lot harder to find fault when your going down the road with a smile on your face having so much fun you could care less what the opinion of anyone you pass by might have. Those things on the four corners of your car are called wheels and they are the happiest when they are ROLLING. Need I explain further?;):D

Frank

13. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID .... " .. yeah I fucked it up pretty bad huh? You know I fuck up faces pretty bad to, so piss off. "

14. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

I get them all the time, my favorite is the honda head who says my car runs like shit because he's never heard a cam before. How about a picture of your car?

^Awesome line!

15. Larjk9

Larjk9

Just fart in his general direction and make a fast getaway. It works.

16. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

Nobody wants to hear negative comments about their stuff, even if people say brush it off, someone being that friggin' rude will probably stick with you for awhile. I do not like late model import cars, but I would never go up & bad mouth one. Why try to screw up someone's day? Life is hard enuff without that. It's someone just being that much of an ass that bothers me more than whatever opinion they may have.

17. I sure did fuck it up, my goal is to fuck up at-least 20 more of them before i die.

Then show him your battery powered saw-zall

18. About 8 years ago, my youngest son and I were at the Petit Jean swap meet. The previous night, he spent some time with me in the garage as I was trying to make the replacement '29 A cowl lower panels form correctly. We were looking a purist's restored car in the show field because their club had been in line for that day.
    I was showing my son the area on that car and about that RESTORED car that I was admiring. I complimented, to the ?wife? of the purist owner of a nice 29 Tudor, of how nice their car IS and to learn how parts are to look and fit. I thought about the group that was around, and DID NOT use the word chop, not even about lunch food.
    When I said the word hotrod, I might as well dropped the F bomb. She turned on her heel and walked away.
    The car?? I started with was stripped by restorers and left for junk because IT HAS too much rust. The passenger door got hit by a big tree limb, or a REALLY big drunk. Trash to a restorer, not worth saving. Don't sandblast it, you'll sweep most of the sheetmetal away when you clean up afterwards.
    And to think I was givng her compliments and respect for the car she was with?
    It takes a nuts to raise a forest, and not all of them are the same. Who me?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  19. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Best reply.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FWBUl7oT9sA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. brianj

brianj

I go to very few car shows for this reason.

21. 1320/150

1320/150

22. tjmercury

tjmercury

I prolly would have piped up and said something like "What do you drive?" or "Where's yours?" He would have most likely responded that he drives a Prius or something!

23. hooker says to the paid up customer "who do you expect to make happy with such
    a small penis like that ?" customer says "me"

when your own happiness comes first pleasing everyone else seems like a waste of time ...or easy because your attitude is changed about the outcome ..

go man go

24. 63dan63

63dan63

I heard lots of negative comments ... you know how they talk to their budy just loud enough for others to hear... about the V6 I put in my Model A. I would just think to myself, I'm driving it. I didn't have to cut up a late '31 firewall. A '32 radiator cools it just fine. It runs all day at 75 mph. The next guy that owns it doesn't have to undo a lot of work to do what they want with the car. Whatever...

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Lets see a picture.....

26. garcoal

garcoal

and they start on the list of things you need to do. pull the engine for a complete overhaul. put in a 5 speed you have all heard it. i personaly like to find the new owner, his car may not be the best, but its polished with pride to ahigh sheen. then pump them up. its fun to listen to them talk of the new toy.

27. Mike Rotch

Mike Rotch
    from Easley SC

A while back I had a 32/33 Ford truck up for sale and this looser (that I've never met, or who knows nothing about me..) would routinely send me vulgar emails talking smack about my ride. Thought it might have been someone I knew just joking around or a 12yr old so I never replied and laughed about it, but he persisted in being an idiot so I spent some time looking him up to see if he was indeed a real person.
    After a few hours of detective work I knew practically everything there was to know about him, including what kind of truck he had: a fenderless 50's Chevy truck w/a model A grille, SBC, spiderwebs, skulls, flat black, etc.
    So I felt sorry for him and laughed it off some more.
    Then I found his old myspace profile and noticed he was an American Chopper fan, liked the old Tv show "trick my truck", and half of his online friends were....cross dressers.
    If I had a printer I'd copy all of that info along with his (thought to be anonymous) emails and snail mail it to him.

Always remember, Haters gonna hate.

28. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

in the 2 months that my 38 chevy was on the road before it went to the upolstery shop and got put away for the winter i had a bunch of old farts tell me that i fucked up a good old car. I have had countless old guys tell me that my i should have left my model a stock, and my T bucket.....ha! i have heard everything under the sun, from "what a cute dune buggy" to "fuck your glass car".......at the end of the day who cares? i dont let assholes ruin my day

29. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Man said....Ohhhh!!!!....your car is Glass!!!...so it's not real?.....guy looks at the man's wife and says..."Yes Sir...their like Breast Implants....their not real either, but it gets the job done real well"..........some guys really know how to pull out a response at the most oportune time.

30. perk30

perk30

What bugs me are the experts that make a negative comment to their buddy while looking at your car just within ear shot of you but never to your face. While looking at the T Bucket I used to have that had trips, polished offy manifold and polished valve covers etc, heard a guy tell his friend how it was too bad I didn't have time to clean the dust off of my distributor cap wires when I must have spent so much time polishing the aluminum on my engine. His car was a mid 70's Malibu with colored hose covers and other colorful decorations under the hood. But his distributor cap was nice and clean. Comments about my coupe don't bother me as much because I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I did it my way and I like it and that's all that counts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.