Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from cascade, Iowa

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by binderbart, Jan 28, 2012.

1. binderbart

binderbart
    from iowa

New to this site, a link on another site brought me here. In the gathering stage of building a rat rod/ custom/traditional....Don't even know what I'm actually going to build. It will probably be a Bart Built when I'm done cause this time I'm not going to follow any rules I'm just going to do it the way I want and what feels right at the time. I followed the rules to a t when I did my 73 scout. It will be great to just do one the way I want. Its a 56 I.H. truck. and I plan on dropping it on a scout travaler frame and drive train complete with a 345 v-8, 727 torqueflite and dana 20 transfer case. probably use 354 geared dana 44's. good all around axle. this will probably always be a work in progress. this seems like a cool site with some great people in it. well a big HELLO to everyone.

2. bob cutler

bob cutler

Hi from washington ia, just so you know dont mention rat rods on here, it upsets some people, not me though enjoy your self on here lots on good info.

3. nabby98

nabby98
    from Amana, IA

Hello from Amana, IA.

4. Master of None

Master of None

Welcome from Rockwell city,Ia

5. carmak

carmak

Welcome from Riverside, IA.

Post some pictures of your binder.

I have lots of family in Monti and a great car friend up in Dyersville. Good car country up there.

Carmak

6. IAVWGUY

IAVWGUY

Welcome from Sioux City, Ia

7. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

8. Welcome from Davenport Iowa !!! Right on the Mighty Mississippi river !! There is a lot of talent & knowledge here for any question or needed tech tip, just try a search or ask your question here and you will get results. but first, let me tell ya DO NOT SAY RATROD ,they dont like that kinda language here on the Ol HAMB. Be respectful and some of these guys will bend over backwards to help you out. Take care & Be well

9. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Welcome from Marshalltown !

10. Say "ratrod" if you want, but understand the term "ratrod" is discouraged on the HAMB. Building a roots hotrod is encouraged. Hope your build goes well. Welcome to the HAMB!

11. Welcome from Minnesota

12. norms30a

norms30a

Welcome from southeast SD

13. khead47

khead47

Welcome from Mi.

14. binderbart

binderbart
    from iowa

got it.

15. TexA

TexA

HELLO from Estherville, iowa.....

I'm working on a 1930 Model A Coupe.
    50s/60s-type Street Rod under re-construction.
    302 w Full-fendered/running boards but no air/PS etc
    Just a Cruiser :)

16. A big welcome from Des Moines! Be careful using the "R" word around here. Hope to see you at Vintage Torque Fest!

17. binderbart

binderbart
    from iowa

got the R word thing. been to both of the torque fest so far. great time each time. and , a big hello back from the Busted Knuckle Garage in cascade Iowa. If ever you should be passing by, stop in for a cold one. I"m new to all this. not even sure what to classify what I'm going to build. Just going to dive in and see what comes of it. you ever make hawkeye downs swap meet? or Jefferson, wisc? the torque fest is only about a half hour away from here. thats a big benefit. Last year my brother and I walked out of the blue building and met Frank Fritz from american pickers. that was kinda neat.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  18. binderbart

binderbart
    from iowa

took a minute today and shot some pics of what I'm going to build. thought I would pop in and post them. this is just the body, I apologize for all the junk that gathered around it, and how quick that happens.

Attached Files:

19. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Texas!

20. out plowing

out plowing

Welcome from Waverly, IA

21. The Show is a truely awesome time isn't it!! I usually make it to Hawkeye downs in the fall. I was there last yearset up next to John (coolstuff) and helped him out alittle at his booth. Sounds like we'll see you in a few months, I'm not very hard to find (should be the only 1 armed guy there, possibly waering an army helmet that says LEFTY!), look me up at the show.

22. binderbart

binderbart
    from iowa

I will , hey, he didn't have any posters left when I talked to him at hawkeye, I got torquefest posters on the wall at the shop for the last 2 years would like to hang one for this year and give you guys some advertising. if you think you can get me one I'll send you my mailing address.

23. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hello from nearby Dubuque, IA

24. Willy_P

Willy_P

Welcome from Kansas.

25. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

26. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

27. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Welcome from Aurora, ColoRODo, from a used-to-be-Iowegian...born and raised in Denison...and thot I knew all the towns in Iowa...cuz I used to terrorize them in my three year old '57 Chevy back in the day, but damned if I can place Cascade...

R-

28. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13