Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 plymouth chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie77, Sep 12, 2009.

1. zombie77

zombie77

okay got a new job and little more time ,time to start building this car glad i didnt get rid od it I really like the lines on this car

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. zombie77

zombie77

just got a new rear window for the plymouth iy is a 1941 merc rear window i like the stock window but i wanted something with a little curve to flow a little more with the chop

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. LEAVE the ribs in!!!!!!!! It's what sets it apart from a boring old chev. But hey it's your car.

4. zombie77

zombie77

too much sail pannel i dont like the strechedout look to much moved the rear window section foward 2 inch cut it out and split it down the middle so I can bend and try to get the same contour to match were it was moved from "i know there is alot of suface rust but the areas that are getting worked on are ground clean then after the sheet metal work is done i will have have car sand blasted the car sat out side and a yard for years before I got it.

Attached Files:

5. zombie77

zombie77

Not enough needed to move the rear section foward even more to get the look I wanted went foward 3.5 inches now I am going to spit the foof above the rain gutter and move it back to meet the new 40 merc window

Attached Files:

6. farmer12

farmer12

Good to see you're back at it! From what I can see, those sail panels are going to be very large...why not cut some cardboard pieces, and see how it looks. Just my thoughts.

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Shouldnt that be a split window if its from a 40? Looks like a 41-8 Ford or Merc to me?

8. zombie77

zombie77

your right 41

9. zombie77

zombie77

getting there finally finished the door and window the story behind the hold up on this side of the car was the door was cut up into so many pieces from last owner turning the car into a hard top and using alot of the door and window pieces to create a hard top wich also looked good to me that it was like putting a puzzle back toghether

Attached Files:

10. 50bomb

50bomb
    from Lodi CA

Looking good man!

11. leave it a 5 window....

12. zombie77

zombie77

getting there the roof is almost done split the roof and moved it back 4 1/4 inches to use some of the stock conture of the rear roof lots of people woulndt do it this way but I do not own a English wheel and i gave it just enough of the s curve I want in the rear I do not like when people chop the roof and just strech the rear section in a straight line from end of roof to trunck section needs some curve back there

Attached Files:

13. zombie77

zombie77

"GETTING THERE"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""nice to get it out on the street again and take a better look ant the curves before final welding man things looks different on the street than in a small garage I need to tweak a few things but im happy with the flow

Attached Files:

14. thinkfink

thinkfink

looking great!

15. zombie77

zombie77

Thanks thinkfink Ive been admiring your car your years it is beautiful wish I had your patience and skill,any new update pic of your car ?

16. zombie77

zombie77

topless taken a week ago

Attached Files:

17. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Leave the pillar as it is. Add paint. Do nothing else to the appearence.

...just one Hooker's two cents.

18. thinkfink

thinkfink

thanks for the kind words Zombie77. But the honor for the built goes to Charles Poelmans. I'll just be the curator.
    And on patience...his bloody perfectionism gives me no choice :eek:
    The guy takes his time and has switched to work on high end Italians in the meantime...But I hope this year is finally the year it will make the first miles.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Here are some shots from 2 months ago.

Attached Files:

Greaser Bob and Valtin like this.
  19. n847

n847

Chop is lookin great...keep it up, I love the look of the rear side windows on these cars with a chop, it makes the B pillar look awesome, but I bet its a bitch to make it right!

20. zombie77

zombie77

pie cut shave, pie cut shave, pie cut shave ,that window took me about a week to get it right this is only the second car I chopped and I want to get it right so I saved about 200 pics of merc ,ford and mopar chops and really studied on what I like and dont like "thanks on the complement.

21. zombie77

zombie77

Pillar is staying just finished the work on it

22. zombie77

zombie77

never understood why people take these headlight of these cars I love them "art decco"

23. zombie77

zombie77

Wow thinkfink that car is amazing lines are beautiful paint looks great

24. thinkfink

thinkfink

thanks zombie77. And you are sooooo right about the headlights.
    Don't get that either why some folks replace them.
    Those 40s mopars have so many cool details, especially chrysler and desoto.

25. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn! Seeing your car fires me up to get mine done! Mine won't look like yours but I think 41 Mayflyers just look damned cool! Most of the time, you will have the only one around.......and that is a good thing to me.

Keep us posted on the progress. What are your plans for the interior?

26. zombie77

zombie77

kinda would like to do a nice art decco intererior mole hair big pleates nice dash got a 1940 merc guage cluster ,or do a two tone white vinel and what ever clor I paint the car

27. zombie77

zombie77

kinda would like to do a nice art deco interior mole hair big pleats nice dash got a 1940 merc gauge cluster ,or do a two tone white vinyl and what ever color I paint the car

28. thinkfink

thinkfink

sounds like a great plan Zombie77.
    Did you see the interior of James Hetfield's new Zephyr (right now in R&C) and shown at GNRS? It's mohair. Maybe good for inspiration.

29. farmer12

farmer12

Looking awesome Jochen!

30. thinkfink

thinkfink

Thanks a lot Eric.