Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HELP - WRITER'S BLOCK: I Need To Pick Your Brains!!!! Mmmmm...BRAINS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jan 12, 2012.

1. FYI ... They've had an online discussion forum since 2009 ... see http://www.goodguysforum.com

2. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Sun warmed watermelons.....................:eek:

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I take offense to the streetrodder post ,Im a traditional streetrod guy, Restorods ,No billet ......................... If it aint handmade its homebrewed

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

Good stuff. Actually there is already a Goodguys forum (www,goodguysforum.com) that we get lots of great feedback on.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Huh?

I like watermelons.

6. slammed

slammed

FYI I was not aware of that. I walked from the GG scene back in 2002.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

DAMN those pesky street rodders!! Funny, a couple years back, I met an older gentleman driving a fiberglass '32 3 window (How gauche!) with a 4 bar front end ect. All the sins, rolled into one car! But the car was VERY well proportioned, nicely built, and had a lot of neat unique little details that the owner had made. We started bsing back and forth, and kept running into each other, and at some point, I wound up going over to his garage. We were discussing some of the hand made parts on his '32, and looking at some old parts he had, when I noticed an old weathered 4x6 photo thumb-tacked to the wall of the garage. I took a good look at it, and started asking questions about it. He disappeared into the house and came back out with a photo album. It was one of the most stunning late fifties rods I had ever seen from the period, a full-fendered pagan gold '34 Ford roadster with a 3 deuce early olds, white 1" pleat T&R with gold frieze inserts, cad top-shift box, '54 fiesta caps, Beautifully detailed and full of the same sort of perfectly executed hand-made details that were present on his UUUGH! STREET ROD! It was Mr. fiberglass street rods car from his early twenties. :eek::rolleyes:

8. Topic: What are the root causes of today's youth apathy about cars? After nearly 100 years of red-blooded American boys and girls counting down the days until they get their license, their current take-or-leave-it attitude about having fun messing about in, on or with cars seems to have nearly vaporized. We have data in the car industry that clearly shows this to be true ( i.e. according to 2010 data, less 16-18 year-olds have their licenses per capita than any other time over the last 50+ years) but I have yet to read a cogent editorial as to WHY ?!?!? My 2cents.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  9. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

The reason is the same as why kids now are not fighting so hard to get their licence like we did when in our youth. Us "older" kids needed a car to get out and socailize with friends, girls, escape the parents. Now kids socailize on the computor. The need to see and be seen ( therefore the need to have a bitchion car ) is now gone. Whatta shame.

10. So you guys have seen Rick Dobbertin's J2000?:D

11. titus

titus

thankfully im not a writer!

Cool! glad i could help.

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

I even mentioned you.

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Maybe an idea for next month: I haven't paying much attention lately, but has that whole bias vs. radials thing been figured out yet? If not, maybe time to officially put a cap in it.

14. hemi

hemi

How about the importance of filling out your window sticker so we can read it? :)

15. How bout what ever happened to the barter system and how cool it could be / was. Seems like a lost art now and it was a great way to meet new people learn new things and make life-long friends. Just my$.002

16. Cruiser

Cruiser

I would simply write about how hard it's gets to come up with flesh ideas, when when there's so much shit going on around me.

CRUISER:cool:

17. dirty4

dirty4

do a story about a guy that doeas not have all of the fancy equipment the hot rod garage has but still manages to put together a really neat street rod.

18. Who's TUTUS?

Where's your Copy Editor?

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

He's Titus' brother. They're twins with different mothers.

20. pinman 39

pinman 39

How about the BBBlluurrinngg of the lines on some definitions of terms in the rod game.Of couse that may take more than one issue.

I have to go the pics of your cat are making me break out .

21. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Had to bring this one up for Kirk cause flesh ideas
    are always great!
    Pictures ARE always better!

Hey, Cruzer...............do not want to see the other stuff around you.

22. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

The difference between car guys and the lifestyle wanna be car guys.

23. Here's KIRK!'s article (based on titus' idea):

Goodguys Gazette -March 2012 - Low Down.jpg
    click thumbnail to enlarge

24. Article on why everyone on the hamb hates tattoos n skulls n cobwebs n girls with tattooed breasts! LOL!

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

What a hack!

26. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

27. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

or one on shameless self promotion ^^^^^:D

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

Great point!