Register now to get rid of these ads!

chop cut rebuild 41 study

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Dec 5, 2011.

1. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Like this a lot, there are a few 'roundy-roundy' inspired builds on here now, its good to see something a bit left of center.

2. hear are a couple new photos

Attached Files:

3. deeddude

deeddude

Looking good. You could run the Hoosier Dirt Boss tires or the G60 tire the IMCA guys run, they are DOT approved; but you wouldn't get a lot of miles out of them. If you could find a local guy that has ran a heat cycle or two into them they might last a little longer. I knew a guy who would sell the Dirt Boss tires to the drag race guy for street use, he sold all he had everytime.

Keep up the great work.

4. I have looked into hoosier's and really like that look however( new) they are soooo Friken expensive. they realy think a lot of there tires....Just don't want a thousand $ + in rubber......

5. edweird

edweird

i like it just fine the way it is!

6. awesome! lets see a profile shot man, i wanna see how she looks with all the sheetmetal done. this is the kind of stuff i like to look at

7. F&J

F&J

John, I was just reading your posts on the ancient Ford stock cars in another thread. Well, you have come a long way from what you said you guys did back then...;)

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Man I really dig this one. Even the long wheelbase is killer. It gets my blood going just looking at it.

9. AIN"T that the truth. MY WORK HAS GOTTEN BETTER TOO. As for a profile shot that will be coming as soon as I finish the paint on the drivers bed side .... been raining the past few days .Using Laquer paint and it blush'e when its damp. I need a couple good days to finish paint

Attached Files:

10. Hell, the way I see it, you might as well make a cage for it and make it add up to what the chassis is about! I like the hell out of it!
    Hey, who put that GM distributor cap on the thermostat housing? Do they work there too? jk

11. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I like the look of the wilwood hubs myself. Good lookin stude.

12. studeboy

studeboy

Seriously BADASS!!!! The hubs and wide tires are real tough looking. Can't wait to see more.

13. this 302 has a hei conversion ign system installed and a intake manifold suposedly made in Australia for there version of our nascar. found it on ebay cheeeep.

14. the engine as I posted is a 302 cu.in. with 10.0 to 1 compresion ratio ,solid lifter cam 280/286 duration 550 lift, roller rockers, stud gurdle ,4 corner idel 750 holly,5 speed trans .quick change rear, 4 wheel disc brakes from a late model stock car, willwood hubs ,wide five wheels, 15x8 front ,15x10 on rear. there are lots of parts from late model stock cars and other parts from my past car parts collection and junk I never threw away..I will have the truck fully assymbled wethin a fee weeks .I'll keep posting as it progresses.....hear is what a stock m5 looks like ...compaired to my chopped one

Attached Files:

• 222.jpg
      222.jpg
      File size:
      493.8 KB
      Views:
  15. o hechk, I guess I can show a comparison on the same post page :eek:...SORRRRY I'll try again

Attached Files:

16. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love this truck! Personally I think the longer bed gives it better proportions. More updates please.

17. Phillips, thanks I love thease trucks too. I probably would have shortened it just afew inch's had I choped the top first before I made the bed. However now I have found I realy like it as it is. it looks better at ride height with the fenders and running boards on. looks just right. lowered down it realy looks long and low.thanks for your comments ...John

18. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your little Stude is a hell of alot more intresting than another flat black Model A with red wheels... I dig it. And, I hope that little skinny block makes about 600 horse. Anything less would be....uncivilized.

Nice work, -Abone.

PS. Needs a cage..

19. yeah I know just no room

20. Some photos from last weeks work on the Stude. Fab'ng inner fenderwells and installing fenders and boards..:D... Git'n so close.. MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  21. gasser john

gasser john

Awesome job John, the long wheel base looks great and is better for high speed passes,lol. really like the whole package,keep on truckin brother,John

22. n847

n847

That truck is sick...It looks fast just sitting still!

23. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Nice! Anytime somebody gets a Stude on the road is a Good thing!
    Just too bad it's not Studee powered though.

24. NO, I wish D-Russ, Its close but not that close. Maybe my f1 if I get the w pump to stop leaking glad you like the stude..:D

25. Thanks for the digits guys. it makes me smile inside...:D

Attached Files:

26. 35chevymaster

35chevymaster
    from indiana

27. I like it.
    Always nice to see something different.
    Thanks for all the pics.

28. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

You nailed it, long wheelbase is right on. Nice work. subscribed

29. My brother in law had a 51 Chev 1 ton pick up with a ten foot bed. I always thaought it would have been killer slammed. anyone can build short beds.

30. What the hell? I only looked at this last month and now it´s nearly done! You don´t hang about, do you!

Excellent looking truck BTW - mean as hell and different in a good way.