Register now to get rid of these ads!

What famous car made the biggest impression on you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Jun 17, 2011.

1. 01A

01A

moonglow 54, Orange Krate, feature 57 Chevy that Hot Rod mag built, 57 Ford on Thunder Road, and lots more

2. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

First fell in love with the Munster Koach as a child. I'd sit through that scary theme music for a chance to see it.

Then discovered Ala Kart when my jailbird uncle gave me an old unassembled model of it with some great smelling glue.

But I was always impressed most by anything Sean Connery drove.

3. TRIK3R

TRIK3R

I am pretty sure that I havent seen the one influence of a true hotrod in my childhood in here yet, I do love Cadzilla and all of the others as well, I used to draw pictures and murals as a teen in Jr. High of many different cars and such, but the one that sticks in my mind along with Trosleys work Is the Eliminator from ZZ TOP, I have copied a pic to my hard drive to share and I am not even sure if it is the original or if I can even post it but this is one of the major influences of my growing up in the 70's and 80's I will do my best to post a pic after typing this!
    A childhood friends father had an O/T 66 289 CruiseOmatic Stang that as a growing gearhaed I helped restore and paint as well, I also had the opportunity to own it plus the Grandfathers 66 2+2 I6 3spd which I turned down over having TOO many projects as a teen with the county raggin on my pops for my junk, which many I wish I still had! My current brother in law has an uncle close by that has a real deal steel 34- 5 window Ford that has been stupified by 80's downgrades with a MII front clip and the 302 that came with it along with all(ALL) the parts that this old man had when he drove it in high school and courted, married had kids and so on, later divorcing his high school sweetheart and there it sits, as the other thread goes sitting and ROTTING. I hope to maybe land the 34 eventually but my hopes are low. thank you for your continuing drive to my passion with your great work HAMBers!

Attached Files:

4. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

HOLLY SH*T!!!.......You have made my day, I saw this movie when I was 5 or 6 years old at my grandmothers house, I was to young to remember the name of it, But I have never forgotten it to this day....Funny I was just thinking about it the other day, Now that I know what the name of it is I will search it out and find a copy for me and my boys to watch together.....thanks so much......also as for the post there are just way to many famous hotrods that impacted me as a kid to list here....I got bit hard by the hot rod bug at about the age 3, and have never been the same since.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Pics saved!!! Thanks Ron!.. :)

6. Gearhead 10

Gearhead 10
    from NW Iowa

Gotta say Milners coupe from American Graffiti.

7. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

[​IMG]
    If you look closely at the model kit photo, you will see the car has chrome reverse wheels. The actual car never ever had those wheels on it. That is an early example of cut and paste the old fashioned way. The wheels were on a Rambler that one of the designers at Revell owned. The chrome reverse wheels are actually from a black and white photo. One just never notices they are not color until it is shown to be b&w.

8. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

[​IMG]
    This thing had a big impression on me as a kid. I built the kit when I was a kid and I loved this car. Sure would like to find another one.

9. When I was very young these three cars made a big impression on me!
    THE Calvin Rice Dragster
    The Christman '29 Tudor
    The Jesse Lopez '41 Coupe
    Any one out there have pictures of Calvin's dragster & Chrisman's 29?

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

The one that did it for me would be the late great Larry Watson's first version of his Chevy "The Grapevine" What a cool cruiser.

CRUISER :cool:

[​IMG]

11. ...I've always liked a lot of the cars already mentioned, but since I really like 37-8 Chevys, ..I've always had a soft spot for Don Nowell's 37 gasser...here's a page from one of my old scrapbooks...
    [​IMG]

...and here's my tribute to it...
    [​IMG]

12. 54Mercruiser

54Mercruiser

I always loved it when he'd tell his wife, "I remember the car, but I don't remember you being there...":D

13. OldTC

OldTC

Dick Harrell's Camero, I met him in the pits in OKC back in 1970.
    I've loved Cameros ever since.

[​IMG]

14. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

STEVE CENTRACCHIO's 32 cabriolet with blown a flathead.

15. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

That thing is Beautiful

16. robber

robber

The biggest and earliest influences on me, as far as cars and their owners go, would have to be Tommy Ivo's "Outhouse On Wheels" and Norm Gabrowski's "Kookie Kar" :)

Attached Files:

17. Old windbag

Old windbag
    from Finland

Millners deuce and Christine.

18. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

anybody know what ever happened to Christine? is it still around?

19. Old windbag

Old windbag
    from Finland

I think that Christine is a live. . . Somewhere.

20. bigtom

bigtom

zz top eliminator and milners deuce that did it for me.

21. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

i forget, when was the zz top eliminator build?

22. oh man i LOVE richard petty's blue mopars..i never got to see him race but i think those cars alone made him my favorite race car driver :D

23. Maladjusted

Maladjusted

Milner's Coupe and The Gumball Rally's Cobra.

24. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Either Lynn Yakel's or Don Williams' chopped & channelled '32 5 window coupes. It took me over 40 years to fulfil the dream they started but I didn't have the heart to do that much cutting when I could finally have mine-it's chopped but not channelled and full fendered.

25. Geez

Geez
    from N. E. Ohio

My favorite all time has got to be the AC Cobra, nothing like it. I had an opportunity to drive one about 6 blocks to have a new top put on. Most fun Ive ever had with my pants on.

26. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

The Munsters Koach and then Christine and Cadzilla made the biggest impressions on me as kid. Strangely, none of my cars resemble any of them...yet.

27. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

In This Order.... The Munsters Coach & Drag-U-La.... Then Stone-Woods & Cook Willys Coupe.... and Every FAD T-Bucket to ever come down the pike.... ED BIG DADDY ROTH IS KING!

28. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Dick Flints roadster. Always has and still does...

[​IMG]

29. afaulk

afaulk

Grumpys Toy, And Hemi Under Glass. Loved those wheelies. Couldn't get enough once i did the first one myself!