Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seventeen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Times flies Ryan when ur having fun. Congrats on your success with the site.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. Congratulations Ryan and thank you. You've done something great. I've met some fine people, learned a lot of stuff I never knew, and could have probably finished about 3 cars with the time I've spent on here in the last couple of years...I've loved every minute of it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours and to everyone else out there in HAMBer land!

3. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Congrats my friend- and thank you for all the hard work-

4. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Ditto.

I was coming here when it was basically just a place with a collection of pictures of hot rods accompanied by a bunch of swear words and hipster lingo.

When I started reading the HAMB there were like 40 members.....look at us now.

I haven't been here the longest or anything like that, but the point is - 17 years ago I bought stacks of magazines every month for the one or two cars I could relate to. Now I just come here every day.

I can relate to Ryan like he's a long lost brother, though I've never seen or spoken to him in my life. He's just good people and he's doing it for the love of it. That's where he's beating the magazines - not to turn this into a magazine bashing; there are a lot of great magazines out there today that weren't around 17 years ago.

My point here is that I am wishing Ryan and you all a happy Xmas and hoping for at least 17 more years of success!!!

~Bro

5. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Thanks Ryan for your great effort. This community carries Hot Rod and Custom car preservation for the future. Merry Christmas to You all!

-Pasi

6. Wow! 17 years. I got here in 2005 and have watched a lot of cars go together on the HAMB. I have watched many people build their dreams and watched as members all across the country helped one young man build his dream. (Bless you HAMBANDY, where ever you are) I have watched many times as fellow hotrodders threw a fast auction together for another gearhead who was down on his luck.
    This place got me off my butt and out to the garage and out to a show or three. I 've made new friends here and even got motivated to start a once a month breakfast bunch! Too bad now I work on sundays and cant make it anymore! LOL:D
    Basically,to make a short story long, Thanks for starting this thing and Merry Christmas!

7. JJK

JJK

Every revolution starts wirth a single act of difiance.

8. Yeah, well, I was learning HTML 3 at about the same time, Ryan. The difference? YOU applied yourself & did an absolutely incredible thing with starting the Jalopy Journal. An extra added bonus is that you get to live out your passion.
    Nicely done, Ryan!
    Merry Christmas!

9. that was (and is) a great Christmas present you gave us, Thanks!

10. Muttley

Muttley

Seventeen years ago I wasnt aware that the internet even existed.

11. woodbox

woodbox

Well done Ryan! Are we going to have a big party for the 21st year! I found this place after doing a Google search for 1927 Ford lakes modified, and have not been able to stop myself ever since. I have even lost my internet privledges at work more than once for spending too long on here! But it does keep me sane on night shifts. Thanks for having a dream and sticking with it! this place drives my wife nuts.....but she just doesn't "get it".
    Merry Christmas to everyone.

12. 35cab

35cab

A Christmas present to top all other Christmas presents, the world would be a poorer place without your vision.
    Many thanks.

13. davo461

davo461

Happy Birthday TJJ and Season's Greetings, Ryan.
    Have you ever stopped to consider how much pleasure, comfort, communion and education you have been responsible for.This brainchild of yours encircles the planet.
    Ain't too many folks can claim that.When I go to play at music festivals, I take my laptop to get my daily dose;would not miss it for anything. Cheers and thanks again.

14. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Thanks and Merry Christmas Ryan! I've enjoyed the HAMB since 1999, and hardly a day has gone by that I haven't logged in to follow the various builds of rods and customs and dreaming of the day I could do the same. I met some of my oldest friends through the HAMB, and I can't imagine life without it.

15. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

I has been getting better everyday ever sense,

Glad your mom didn't call it rat rod rumble.

16. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

It was just about the same here.....I was killing time and trying to find out places to go when i visited Cali.....even saw spy photos of the Shifters bubble top roadster when the 59 lid was getting grafted on...I was trippin & been hooked since. Man, its scary to think that many years have gone by already...Congrats to 17 more on a job well done Ryan!!

17. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

It was just about the same here.....I was killing time and trying to find out places to go when i visited Cali.....even saw spy photos of the Shifters bubble top roadster when the 59 lid was getting grafted on...I was trippin & been hooked since...I reregistered in 03 & Man, its scary to think that many years have gone by already...Congrats to 17 more on a job well done Ryan!!

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I thought I was in a small group of old hotrod lovers until I found this place searching for old SW gauges. I remember thinking WOW there are other idiots like me. I was in such a minority in my hometown back then. Thanks to the HAMB, I'm in the main stream and all of those other guys are coming around.

I've learned a lot over the many years and I hope I have helped others understand what it was like in the 50s-60s.

Keep up the good work. It is appreciated greatly.

19. 616e3s

616e3s
    from Illinois

Thank you for your gift. Keep up the great work!

20. Bluedot

Bluedot

Congratch and thank you, Ryan. I can think of no one else who has done so much to preserve and influence traditional hotrodding. This site and the people on it have changed me from a former "streetrodder" (aka show/lawnchair type) to a hotrodder (drive it like ya stole it). My current project would never have started without the HAMB influence. And several technical challenges have already been resolved with the help of other HAMBers. None of that would have happened without you and the Journal.
    Merry Christmas, and Happy Anniversary!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

HAMB member # 29 and still going. Congrats Ryan. Axle

22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wow what a flash back seeing that logo! I remember that I also found it threw a page named something like Big blue car. I remember logging on every day to see if a new story had been posted, infected me for life for sure.

Can't believe how much its grown! much better than the pokimon version haha.

congrats :) may the HAMB live long and prosper!

23. :D" ...............seventeen years ago when I sat at our family’s kitchen table and, unbeknownst to me, changed my life forever."

Love that........the essence of life!!! It's all about the choices we make. Congrats on making one that has had such a positive effect on your life.

Today I noticed two new (to my eyes anyway) additions to the Atomic Empire (que Darth Vader style music;)) DOGFIGHT and Gear Journal, so the life changes advance.

Hey, any small business is like a wheelbarrow............it don't move if you don't push it!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  24. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

...17 years ago, I was 7.:eek:
    And had no idea about interwebz untill long after that!. You were on top of your stuff Ryan.
    Thanks for giving us this place, Its an awesome community.

As tiny Tim would say, Merry Christmas!!!! Good bless the hotrodders, everyone!.

25. justanothergeezer

justanothergeezer
    from indiana

Happy Birthday to the Journal

Merry Christmas TO All Rodders, Slammers, Fab guys, Builders and
    Car Guys Every where.

Geezer

26. Funny seems like a lifetime or just the other day that we became aqquainted. That was about '98 I believe.

Good that you stayed the course it has certainly enriched my life. Congrats my friend. May the next 17 years be better than the first.

27. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Thank you Ryan. I've only been looking for 4-5 years and this year, although sightly daunted, jumped into posting. Hand on heart i've learnt so much more about what is my passion. No other sites can offer this. The cars and talent on here is just is another league. This place is an inspiration and such a laugh at times.

Finally thank you to the FNG's like me this year. The old fuckers might know there stuff but we're the next generation, fuck um ,what they gonna do, chase you:rolleyes:

Learn off them, respect folks and educate yourself.

Just use the search function prior to posting FFS!!

28. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Congrats! And thanks....the ride has only just begun.

29. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

Congrats! and thanks for running a great site.

30. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

17 years? If you'd done the stretch instead you'd be out, finished your parole and you'd be a free man by now. But no, you had to create the monster that is the H.A.M.B. I mean it's Xmas morning and I'm posting, thank you for helping keep us addicts on the go.
    Happy Birthday and best wishes.

Scotty.