Register now to get rid of these ads!

unadvertized secrert abilities

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Eagle 1 Tire Gel for making dulled out factory plastic coated alumium wheels shine.

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Don't know if this has been mentioned and I didn't read each post but I have found that copious amounts of beer do wonders to ease the pain of busted knuckles and smashed fingers. Some times it is the cause of same.:eek:

3. spit, great lubricant

4. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

I didn't read all the posts but I use brake clean w/ the straw to clean my gravity paint gun.

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Makes a cool paint pattern on the ceiling of the wifes kitchen too but also can cause some large knots on your head.

6. elwood blues

elwood blues

Baking soda and water worked into a paste is a great chrome polish. Just use a shop rag and go to town.

7. SOS Pads clean oxidised rubber and dirt off white walls.

Potato slices on the eyes ease welders flash.

Masking tape tabs help adjust fender welting from the bolt side. Tear it off after bolts are tight.

WD40 cleans off dust and grease on a dirty old bicycle, and makes the old paint sparkle again.

Magnets are very usefull for holding small patches in place when welding up small holes and such in fire walls.

8. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

fire. works for just about everything.

9. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

Bacon grease
    for tapping holes and as cutting oil when milling

10. 6-71

6-71

I lost a lifelong friend last year to leukemia,he was a machinist and mechanic.the doctor at the cancer center said it was probably chemical exposure that caused his illnes. he was 64 years old.

11. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Most of these suggestions are very interesting and helpful but some are just plain stupid. Why would you expose your body to harmful chemicals and other nasty stuff? I hope no one comes away with the thought of using these ideas.

12. terryr

terryr
    from earth

So do you let mice run riot? Or watch gophers dig up your yard? Or won't destroy a bee hive?
    Or is just cute animals that have a right to live.

If killing animals turns you into a Psycho then farmers, butchers, and people in the slaughterhouse must be the biggest psychos out there.
    But they aren't.
    Psychos get the desire to kill first. Then they try it out. Rapists want to rape before they actually try it out.

It's their unadvertised secret ability.

But you know what works really well to keep animals away? Human Urine. They hate the smell.

13. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Hey, this thread has an unadvertized secrert ability to go completely off topic into an irrelevant animal rights rant. Cool.

14. von birch

von birch

thats really sad and all too common among car guys, and probably always will be, despite modern safety equipment and standards. on a lighter note, i had to laugh at this response to the brake cleaner for cleaning out wounds. incredible, why would you ever want to put something like that into your bloodstream?

seriously dude...dont to this.

15. von birch

von birch

good call

16. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

they do not use superglue for cuts and shit. long story, I took a screw driver handle to the ear and split the top of me ear in two. The ER dude just slathered on DURMABOND and sent me home. Its not superglue...its purple superglue.

when your cat falls in your oil drain pan - cover him in Dawn soap and put him in the toilet holding the seat down. flush alot. he's pissed, but clean.

17. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Throwing tools and cussing at the same time seems to help ease the pain of a busted knuckle.

18. Quick way to drain a master Cylinder is to Stuff paper towels into the Master Cylinder and soak up the brake fluid. We do this on the race car annually when we change out the brake fluid.

19. flacoman

flacoman
    from Sunrise FL

Tarnish on silver can be removed painlessly with a solution of baking soda ,2parts table salt 1 part in hot water. Loosely wrap the part in aluminum foil and keep it warm. Stinks some ,because you're reacting the sulfur out .

20. budd

budd

the white part of chicken shit rubbed on the upper lip will make a mustache grow on a young man.

21. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

Germ x as a fire starter. Watch out though, the flame is invisible!

22. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

Stupid double post!

23. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

My dad said that just makes them harder to light, then they have a weird after taste....LOL!

24. 55sd

55sd

Kama Sutra cream (the stuff to desensitize your jimmy) is a GREAT way to quiet a teething baby. Just smear a bit on their gums and it beats all of the stuff the drug stores sell for teething little ones.

Plus you get to hear all the stories about your wife and her friend standing at the counter of the adult store asking to sample the different creams!

25. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Grease as a window sealer. Grab a cheap 1/2" brush and apply a good thick smear to the back side of the rubber and on the whole aperture before fitting. It will help the glass fit in and provides a wet seal that won't go lumpy or dry out. Easy to clean up and warm/cold weather won't touch it. It also helps preserve the rubber and aperture. All i ever used and never had a single leak.

Toothpaste for cleaning grubby WW's works well and minty fresh!!

26. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

A turkey baster does the trick a little cleaner.

27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Young hookers use Vaseline..............................Old hookers use Poligrip.

The main ingredient in Adolph's Meat Tenderizer was being used medically; it was injected into intervertebral discs causing them to breakdown, shrink, and atrophy, thereby avoiding spinal surgery. It's also been used in folks with meat stuck in their esophagus, with some success.

I use Super Clean in the Purple Jug to clean cruddy suspensions/underrbarriages. Use a spray bottle to soak things good, let set, hose off; repeat till clean. BUT, don't get the stuff on your hands/bare skin, was it off ASAP. It WILL eat the skin, so rinse any that gets on you off.

Use liquid dish soap in a sprat bottle on leaf springs to take the squeaking out.

Butch/56sedandelivery.

28. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Tooth paste for smelly , dirty hands .
    Kitchen alum. foil to mask off complicated shaped items , wireing , etc. before painting. Also good for wrapping your nuts when sitting down & welding.
    Pabst 30 pack to make your garage paint job look good.
    30 pack and a drive home can get you a few nights of free room and board.
    A welding mask so you can see and go to work the next day.

29. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Yeah but dont bitch if the next thanksgiving the turkey tastes like shit!

30. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I have not read this in this thread but did get it off the Hamb several months ago but did not believe it until I had a hole in my rad and put in a package of NUTMEG and it sealed it right up til now. :)

Another use for spray brake cleaner, when you get a fresh grease mark on your new jeans. Just drop your pants and place a clean towel or rag to raer of stain then spray directly onto the stain and it is gone. The towel or rag keeps it away from your skin and obsorbs the stain. :)