Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Model A's First Photo Shoot.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by telecustom, Nov 27, 2011.

1. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

2. garagebuilt51

garagebuilt51

thats akward. like a photo shoot of your wife and another dude. haha

3. grabrr

grabrr

Money is money, as long as they didn't molest your car.....:)

4. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

Yea I kinda didn't want to go through with it at first, didn't know where the photos where going or how they where going to turn out. O'well the cars still mine, too me this is the "just found" photo shoot being I've had it for less then a year.
    In time the car will change looks and be apart of me more then before.

5. Cool car and garage!

6. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

those pics came out great

7. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Looks like a " I wanna be cool so I will dress the the part" kinda shoot. All greasy, no worky.

8. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

too bad it's a sausage fest.must have been no chicks available that day.neat car though.

9. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

neat shoot, but they look confused!

10. Redline Rocket

Redline Rocket
    from Rockies

uh....is it about the dudes or the car?

11. bgaro

bgaro

you did the right thing, and got some loot for your car. yeah, kinda weird though.

12. 2935ford

2935ford

No harm done and you got paid!

I did something similar a long time ago for a nudy mag (didn't know at the time that that's what it was 'til I got there)..........I got paid more for use of my car than the models did and I got to watch the shoot.........

13. So what was the photo shoot for?

14. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I would have much rather seen two girls working on my rod! hahaha

Joking aside.. What were the pictures for? it just seems weird to take pictures of two guys faux-working on somebody elses car.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

so the pictures are all bullshit and staged..these guys probably dont even know how to use the tools they hold..

heh heh heh..he said tools

more proof for the tin foil hat dudes..when they say you cant believe everything you see in pictures..its the fuckin truth, did they bring their own oil to smear on themselfs?

literally posers

oh hey, Telecustom..nice Hot Rod..( you know your a whore, right:D)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Suspition runs amok here. I'd wonder if they were legit first then ditch half the crap in the garage. Maybe remove the plates and tellem to have at it in the park. I live in a real low crime area now, but still remember getting stung,,,,, BACK IN THE 80'S
    Didnt one of the guys here do that once only to find out it was a gay mag?
    As I recall he didnt stay for the shoot. Funny as all getout story though.

17. Speed~On

Speed~On

Sweet Model A and I really like the photo of you driving your car....it reminds me of the day I brought my Model A home. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Looks like you really enjoy your car; that's awsome!

Why are there zombies crawling on your car in the photoshoot??? :D

18. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Nice vintage look to the photos. Just make those black and white; 1955 all over again. Coolzville!

19. Pretty cool shots!

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those are some really cool shots. Great photographers for sure. I like this one even though it doesn't have the car...
    [​IMG]

21. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

This is always easy money. I had an old '40 Indian Chief that was probably used in 20 ads and commercials. It was an original left hand throttle, right hand spark. A big, rough lookin', inked up guy said: "I never seen a carb with spark plug wires coming out of it:(??".... as the distributor rotated while he turned the right hand grip:) I smiled and said: " Yeah, They had some advanced engineering way back then:)"

22. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

the pics kind of make me laugh, and feel awkward at the same time. dude model pics are always weird. had to have been for a gay mag:) ha ha ha, awesome car though, glad you got some money out of it for your build.

23. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Must be that "A's For Gays" magazine:)

24. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

You guys crack me up! This is exactly what I needed after that awkwardly gay zombie shoot. No kidding. The shots are being sold would wide for the rights to use in advertising and business use. what ever that means. I also agreed to do a shoot of just the garage a little O/T with no car parts for model rockets. But hey more pay.

Jeffery That's my favorite pic out of the shoot. I was hopping they would keep one of just the car, but... when they did the shoot they took about 750 pics.

I spent about two days cleaning and setting up the garage for it, I wanted a traditional look, old parts every were, stuff you don't get to see in the shoots.

They didn't really know what traditional hot rodding is or what it's about, like I was saying the garage was set, they wanted to move my Edmunds intake take the trany off and have a can of WD-40 in the back round. But free money soo what ever. After it was nice to have a clean garage.

Also the photo of me driving is the same photographer, great quality shots though.