Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How are everyone's Mercury projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Endless hours of body work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    However, the merc is coming together. Hope to hang the front fenders this week and tweek the front grill cavity and parking lights.
    I need to pay someone credit on the HAMB in regards to the door latch idea using a 3/8 brakeline. It really turned out clean looking. THANK YOU.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. Well, I'm a glutton for punishment. I just cant stand to see a hacked up Merc that needs help. I picked up these two today (50 coupe and 51 moredoor) from LAYDRAG (he didnt do the work either) and plan on using the two and a bunch of parts Ive got layin around to make her pretty again!!! This is textbook for how NOT to chop a Merc or how to really "F" one up!!! Who ever chopped this one should have their torch swapped for knitting needles!!!!!!!!!!! Big thanks to NOUHUH and BENNETTAMX for helping get them home. Stay tuned for a crapload of surgery! Man what would the name be for this little guys build thread??????

Attached Files:

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

I found these 2 this weekend, wont get to pick up the 49 till Spring...I doubt the 51 Monarch will leave in one piece though ! If I can get the 51 cheap enough I might have to cut it up there, but the 49 is all mine :D This should give me enough metal to combine with my trashed 51 more door to try and make a coupe ...wish me luck lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And heres my 51, freshly damaged by my airborne temp garage last yr ,complete with 2 piece frame by mother nature...I must be nuts!

[​IMG]

4. This photo actually turned my stomach:( Please repair asap!!!!

Attached Files:

5. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

Drivin mine everyday 300+ miles a week!
    [​IMG]

6. If you end up with an extra grill surround you are looking to get rid of let me know.

7. I have a grill surround I am not using...1950. Not to bad looking

8. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I'm envious of you guys with MORE than one Merc.... haha.

9. He is a bit like me.
    Building the car for him and not everyone else.:D

10. I greatly value hearing from the guys on here, hence posting stuff. I would like to some day run some 'brero's or whatever, but I'm looking at $1000 for for new ones plus custom work to add trim rings... If I had $1000 for the car the grille would get done this week. I do agree spider trim rings and center caps give it that modern socal custom feel which is not my goal but I might be another year away from running some smokin' wheel covers. I refuse to run used ones because of the five figures I have into bodywork and paint. Hugs. :)

11. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

why, cause we spend all our time sittin around in our shorts, unable to decide which one to tackle.......all that lost time but hey , the beers good,LOL

12. LOL I hear ya John. I actually like the look of spiders and trim rings on stuff I just know how hard you have worked to make it traditional. Either way you have turned an eyesore into a beautiful custom!!

13. Skirv

Skirv

I may catch some flak for this but I installed some Appletons to the Jerkury. Yes real functional spots not dummies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one of those reduced diameter Crestliner steering wheels
    [​IMG]

14. Wrong choice

15. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Some progress on my 51 Merc. Working on the floor area under the rear seat and rear suspension. Had to modify that area so the body would fit on the chassis.

Attached Files:

16. I love those spots!

17. 5w32

5w32

got the sombreros finished and put them on, now...about that steering wheel, i have my fully restored 49 lincoln wheel done in white but i'm not sure if white would be a good choice in this interior colour...any opinions?

Attached Files:

18. fittyford

fittyford
    from Oregon

I just got back on mine last week,my dad and i got the motor and tranny fitted
    in the chevelle frame and got the frame horns shaped and finished for the merc bumper.Next week is take apart front suspension and paint everything.this thing might run next year.

Attached Files:

19. glassguy

glassguy

i think both mods are an improvemant!! love the new wheel.. stay on it bill..:D

20. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well I have two a 50 coupe and a 51 Woodie I am checking out how this grille looks in the woodie.

Attached Files:

21. 5w32

5w32

22. DRAGWITHME

DRAGWITHME

23. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Heres mine at the gas station yesterday.

Attached Files:

24. Sweet, take more Anthony!

25. Woohoo!!! Looks great!

26. I am almost ready to blow it apart for paint, pushing to be a driver by Nov 2012 with any luck!

[​IMG]

27. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Nice splash pan!

28. Working on the vent windows. Prepairing the car for paint

Attached Files:

29. That is killer Anthony,I bet it feels great to have your merc out on the road.

30. 5w32

5w32

looks awesome! great without skirts and love the double stack lights