Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dare to be different, really dare.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisp, Mar 8, 2007.

1. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I want to see how he mounts the mandatory 32 Ford grill shell to it...

2. chrisp

chrisp

Nothing yet, just been busy the last 2 years restoring my 1800's home and customizing that 49 chevy, but I started to build a garage for the shitroen so I can bring it back where I live, hopefully next year...

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Still eagerly waiting to watch this fascinating project develop further.

4. also still waiting

5. budrow

budrow

6. What's going on with this beauty of a car?

7. Yeah Chrisp, I love this thing. With or with out the Maser engine! :D

8. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Speaking of the blue car with the LS1 and the mustang 2:

I appreciate the car but there's some ugly billet BS going on there for sure. A lack of taste still plagues the average "car guy" despite the revolution that took place about a decade ago. :confused: (revolution- reverting back to vintage)

As for your chopped one, it's awesome and is turning about to be a beautiful kustom!

9. Just saw this thread for the first time, great work!

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

OMGoodness...what a cool project.
    Good for you...
    Cheers..............

11. i thinks this threat is gone :-(

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

We are gonna hold you to this Chris :D

13. Gromit

Gromit

Having just discovered this, I need to say : "Utterly Awesome!!!!!" finish it!!!!

In hell:
    The Food is English
    The Management German
    The cars French :)

14. afaulk

afaulk

OK, I was impressed at the beginning....great START to a cool custom.

15. chrisp

chrisp

Geez, still talking about this project?
    To let you know I brought the car to my work place where it's parked with about 60 post war Panhard. I'm finishing up an other project of mine : a mild custom 58 Renault Fregate Transfluide with a souped up engine, but parts are really hard to come by (when available) so it takes time, when this one is finished it's gonna be Shitroen time.

16. Ah, now I need to see some pics of the Frégate. :D

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah me too. Domestics all the way!

18. I'm really diggin it, good on you for thinking out side the box. Love it!

19. chrisp

chrisp

20. raymay

raymay

Your right, it's different. You got some nice design ideas. Good luck and have fun with it.

21. Love the Renault! Still can't wait.

22. davo461

davo461

Guess you don't need to be told how good those DS/IDs are. Still years ahead as far as servicing goes.

23. Sombreros on a Renault - WIN!

24. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Great build, and an interesting thread, glad the moderators are letting it stay up.

25. chrisp

chrisp

And those thing are getting pricey too. There's a full resto that sold for around 130 000€ this winter at Retromobile, that's an exception especially for a 4 door, hope it's not gonna be a trend...

26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Too bad i cant properly see the fregate forum, but from what i can see its gonna be epic! What are the plans for the body mods? my fench aint that good.

Oh, and i always thought those old late 20s and early 30s renault and shitroens would make great hot rods. youre a hero. Seriously, we need more people in EU doin kustom domestics doin a proper job.

27. chrisp

chrisp

On body mods the Fregate ain't getting much other than early Fregate headlight (already on), smooth tail light lenses that are I believe a 1 or 2 year only production Fregate (already on too) and a single Unity spotlight. The car is already dropped 2.5" (we have BIG speed bumps all over the country so there's no way to drive low anywhere)
    It's on the mechanical side that things are happening, I'm swapping the original 2.2L engine for a 2.6L from a truck, modified to look like the original engine, fake engine id tag to confuse even more, comp ratio pushed to about 9 compared to the original 7.2, an extremly rare Autobleu 2 carb intake manifold (scored last year), bigger valves (cut down Chevys), custom pushrods and Flathead valve springs. I'm hopping to get about 100hp out of that engine compared to the about 54 original ponies (kinda lame but I like old engines).
    I forgot I also have a 58 Fregate station wagon that I already converted to 2 suicide doors (lenghtened) and chopped, next is gonna be a custom air bagged frame and for motorvation I'm soupping up a 390 '60 Cad engine.
    Problem of French custom cars is that usually people do really shitty and ugly mods, at least over here...

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ok Chris we need to see some pics of these ^^^^ rides!

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

OK, the longroof sounds more like my style...but what the hell! Do you even own something that aint totally kool? :D and yep, koolkemp stole the words from my typing fingers.

I guess the bad rap that domestics have is caused by the half assed bad taste jobs, but still....gotta keep the flag up. We have some bad ass cars w/ potential up until the mid 70s.

30. chrisp

chrisp

I hope you ain't in a hurry because the wagon is my first car, I bought it when I was 19, I'm soon to be 40 the car isn't done, I started collecting parts for the 26 Renault NN about 15 years ago, the DS when I started this post, the 32 4 years ago and the Transfluide 2 years ago.:D