Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Colors besides Black and Black suede. What's next?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Sep 3, 2011.

1. PinHead

PinHead

My favorite color combo for a trad car, besides black, would be a nice maroon, with black steelies, polished caps and trim rings, and wide whites. Pretty hard to go wrong with that.

2. xxzzy999

xxzzy999

How about TPC Global's = Milano Maroon Firemist - 2908

Still a dark color, but not black.

Regards,
    X

3. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

4. basicbob

basicbob

Fleet Maroon will always look OK. Wholesale paint shop @ $104.00 per gallon, added hardener.

Attached Files:

5. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

I'm partial to the dark blue idea. Add black grill, fenders and splash aprons and you can't lose ... but like I said, I'm partial.

Attached Files:

6. indyjps

indyjps

next thing in paint is anything NOT SUEDE. its become a trend, it will die and the cars will look dated. not talking shitty rattle can suede, that will always be around because of cars in progress or not wanting to finish them.
    If you paint for a trend your car will become dated. think teal green in the early 90's, think copper metallic over the past 5 years.

What color do you like, thats the best color for your car. I like blue, dark, light, pearl, metallic, it always shows the lines of the car well.

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Blue is soo 2008!:rolleyes:

8. Thanks 69supercj - Chrysler color (Vanilla)

9. Red if you are selling it,black if you are keeping it.

10. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Are those pics from my coverage of the 2009 Frog Follies?

11. autobilly

autobilly

Black is the new black and the next black too. Nothing sets off chrome or a good body like it. Red (and it's variants) is a good traditional colour for traditional Hot Rods and even Kustoms. It's the opposite of the "staid" colours that are so popular today. It'll come around again.

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Paint is the new suede

13. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

I just saw an article that says flat pink is the next hot trend.....so that is going to be the color of my next ride....no question !!!!!! Just think how cool you would look cruising down the street in a flat pink model A...arm hanging out the window with a pack of smokes rolled up in your sleeve.......NICE........

HEY SHIFTER...If any other cars need work, and they are not black just send them away,and give them my number. later

14. padorey

padorey

Blue and silver works on my 53 Buick. Bule ia Nissin new blue and silver is off of a newer Lexis. Don't know the name. Both are off the shelf collors. I do get an alful lot of coments on the collors. I have seen a 40 Ford done in red and silver and it was a stand out car and a 55 Chevy in Black and Silver. White walls also help to make a car stand out.

Attached Files:

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

these threads give me a headache

kidcampbell71 likes this.