Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 ford part id request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Area51, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Area51

Area51
    from tx

Hey ya'll. I have a vacuum operated ashtray kit, in original box, never installed. Box labeled FoMoCo Kit-Vacuum disposal COAB-64048113-A.
    Has installation instructions dated Ford Motor Company 1959, and has all parts: never been installed. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of car this went to. My uncle was a die-hard Ford man, and i know he bought an Edsel when they came out, but he also had a few T-Birds and Continentals in the mix. Part was shipped to Ford dealer in Huntsville, Texas, I assume in 59' or soon after. Any help would be appreciated. I'll try to post some pics later.
    Thanks JD: Area51

2. 1960 Ford Galaxie.

3. edsel

edsel

I second the 1960 Ford Galaxie, I'm sure it fit other Fords also but the P/N is Galaxie

edsel

4. remodeltom

remodeltom
    from kirkland

they were a factory installed accessory for 57-58 chevys. I have a nos one, do you have a spare jar?

5. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

????????????????????

6. yes....57 Chevy ones bring the big bucks - says Stacy over at AAS in Arlington....bought a 1950 Ford one he had....cause it was sooooo cool....hell - I don't even smoke....