Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Frustrated, to say the least

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farm girl take a picture of him next time.... ! that will help us . who was at show .. post pics .... i wanna see this guy in a line up .

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

All it takes to cure idiots like that is to confront them straight up put them in their place.Yeah,I know its assault and battery but if you let a dog know you are scared of them you will get bit. Every show,swapmeet or cruise-in you go to has one or 2 of these idiots at them. Since you are a lady and don"t want to have problems with idiots like that throw that tube of pepper spray in the glove box and use it.

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

if the weather holds up and we go to vernon; ill be sure to have my camera ready. i dont think the guy had a car there and if he did; it was likely the rusted out pinto that was compeletely stock with about 20 different colors of paint shining through

4. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

……….And the horse he rode in on!
    Don't let the bastards grind you down.
    Paul

5. FarmerGal, don't give up, I had the same thing happen with my '56 in High School.
    Some old timers basdhed it up and down, saying what a pile it was, and they couldn't believe a car like this could win people choice at our little Tulare, Ca cruise night. (My car wasn't the nicest there, but I had more friends there haha)
    I walked up and stood with them, let them bash it some more, then said "Come on guys, it aint that bad for a high schooler's car" They said who's is it then. I said mine. I've never seen a group a loud mouths shut up so fast and disperse. You just gotta not let a-holes like that get under your skin.

6. CARCUTTER

CARCUTTER
    from MASS

Dont sweat it, Its not about your car I've had many idiots tell me how my Merc is "such a waste" because I chopped it.
    And like someone else said on here his "2010 mustang" is way nicer than my old 49.

7. lazee

lazee

you like your car! the asshole niether respect cars or people, he must be a lonesome son-of-a-bitch, needing attention however he can get it. next time it happens tell a few folks near by what happened, you will see most of us like people that like cars

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Just as was suggested, the easy fix is always to say "Which car is yours ? I'd like to take a look at it and give you my opinion of it." That ends it right there. 99% of the time they "Didn't bring it :rolleyes:" and if they do own it car it is fun to now pick theirs apart. :cool:

The world is full of idiots, you just can't let them get to you. I figure if a guy didn't put any money into the build of my car he has zero rights to start criticizing it.

Don

9. get a pic of the guy ... it will take the people that know that idiot to straighten him out . You and you fam did a great job with the car, dont let him ruin that .... jake in the bean

10. Big Nick

Big Nick

THings like this happen in every areana, be it cars, bikes, sports. Assholes are a dime a dozen and they dont seem to remember that your mother said, if you dont have something nice to say, dont say it at all. Dont let it get you down, dont go selling your cars and ridding yourself of your hobby because of one dick. You will find a new hobby and a new dick, trust me. Its hard to let that shit roll off your back. I know me, I would have said something but in all honesty that doesnt always lead to the best ending. Even if the weather holds out and you go to the next cruise, dont go hunting for this asshole, you are only asking for trouble. Just go enjoy your show, dont waste your energy on shit like this. Its not worth it.

11. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

carcutter..i'm speechless! that merc is stunning! i love that color...my new jeep is the same color and we're thinking about going the same route with the '36...maybe just a bit darker. I will continue to hold my head high and take pride in my ride because unlike the majority...we can claim we did it all and busted our ass's for that build. I just couldn't believe someone would act like that in public, in a crowd of people.

12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

if he frequents all the cruises...then i'm sure he will be hunting ol' Betty down once more at the next one. I just hope i'm around to actually ask him where his car is this time.

13. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

piss on him!cut him off before he can open his big ass mouth.i been dealin with that crap forever,if it wasn't my car it was my chopper,you just get use to it.it's your car & if some sh*t head doesn't like it,tough sh*t..stand tall don't back down,whats he gonna do hit a girl?if he does---well ya wont have to deal his ass anymore....old car folks stick together.

14. Big Nick

Big Nick

People dont care! I walked up to my bike at a local friday night parking lot meet to a guy sitting on it telling his girl how first off it was uncomfortable and second he was showing her how "he shifts a bike with this type of set up", its a foot clutch set up. When I asked him what he was doing on my bike he told me to relax, he was just showing his girlfriend how "this thing works". This is in a crowded lot. The rest of the conversation did not go very smooth and the guy was actually asked to leave by many people around. One guy apoligized and said he was this guy was so confident on the bike he thought it was his. I also had a guy talk to me one night I was there, same spot, in my truck. Nice enough guy, nice conversation, I began to speak to a friend of mine parked next to me as I was leaning on the rear fender I felt the truck jolt. Look up and the guy had jumped up on my fender to "rest his legs" he said it was ok cause we were just talking and just made friends! I didnt even have to say anthing, my friend went nuts on him and he left. People just dont care, no respect for anything anymore.

15. CARCUTTER

CARCUTTER
    from MASS

Thank you, I checked out your car and think its awesome also, and its great to see such a young girl (my daughters age) into the old car hobby.
    I try everyday to get my girls into it.

16. chubbie

chubbie

I've never run into a blo hole like this before, how ever if i'm in the right mood these guys can be fun:D

17. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Yep they get everywhere, had the same type of thing at the last show i went to. I had to sell my T bucket when i started to train to be a teacher to fund my study fees. I only work part-time and study so i'm broke. Not to be without a cool car to drive i found a really mint 65 Amazon, a euro version of what for many over here is a baby Merc, had a few before and this more door was too good to pass up on. With what money i've had i've slowly done a few mods and it's slowly getting to be a mild Kustom cruiser of sorts and i really like the car. Got to lower it next, lourved bonnet etc but its getting there and like to think i've got the right idea. I also bought a late 60's cheap caravan which has had similar treatment to make it abit more fun, less late 60's, match up with the car and somewhere warm and cosy to crash out in at the shows. It's the best i can do with what i have, pure and simple. I have very little money spare, i'm doing my best!!!
    Happily sitting with my friends, having a beer these 2 guys wander over and i'm hearing... This guy thinks he's got a Merc...why waste money on that... those rims look shit.....that tow bar isn't kustom etc etc etc and then one of them kicks my WW's. Now not being known for mincing my words i took a walk over. Made out i was just looking at it like they were and the guy turns to me and says... "think this guys a wannbe eh". I shrugged my shoulders. He then goes on to tell me what he thinks of the car and also the caravan. He then kicks the WW again!!! I said to him best not do that as the fella who owns it is a mean bas*ard and will kick your f**king ass if he sees you do that again. Guy look about and says "i don't see him about". I then say "you do, your talking to him so best f**k off now before i drop you!" The pair of them disappeared pretty quick.
    Funny thing is at this show i managed to not only get a "cool sticker" on the car to be able to park where it was but also got asked to park up in the vintage caravan lot with all the old Airstreams as they liked my caravan so much. So a few comments on my car and van combo really don't bother me, i know i'm a wannbe but although no merc airstream i'm still doing my thing and having fun. Assholes, you have to smile

Here's my £3k combo, not the coolest but getting there and turns more heads than a streaking nun!

[​IMG]

Dan

18. Back in 1994 when i was a senior in High School My driver was my 53 ford mainline. Its the one in my avatar but back in the day it was stock blue and white with wide whites and full moon caps. It had a 289 and cruisamatic. It had some drips here and there (cruisamatic). It was parked where all the teachers would go off grounds to smoke. Then one day I left school early and some teachers and the principal were smoking in front of my car. As i got to my car all that my principal had to say was how my car was ready for the junk yard! It was a piece of junk! why am i driving it! Now my car looked very good at that time fresh blue paint white roof. It was very presentable and even was in the towns parade with the mayor in it one year.. But i guess it didnt compare to his Diesel mercedes at the time. Just a real jack off!!!!

19. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Need to sort picture size out, sorry:eek:

Dan

20. im not saying hunt for the guy , just use the zoom funtion on your phone farmgal . haha ....

21. Don't let that jerk get in your head! You and your friends like your car and that is all that is important. I wouldn't even think of getting rid of it, or that it's junk. The truth is probably no car is good enough for this clown because he bitched about almost every car at the show. If he was at a football game (or what ever) and acting like that would you stop enjoying football? You would probably move seats, or just written the guy off as the jerk that he is.
    Here is what you do, get a ribbon that says judge on it, the kind they give to kids at science fairs. When he starts in on your car again, tell him he did such a great job with the same car last time, and you are so overwhelmed by his vast knowledge that you felt his authority should be recognized. In a short while everyone will know to look for the guy with the ribbon.

22. He's not worth going to jail over. People like him are the reason I only go to shows where you have to pay to get in. I just got too jaded by ignorant comments, unsupervised kids, and general dumbassery.

23. pumpman

pumpman

This is really sad to hear, no respect from these kind of guys. It amazes me how rude some people are, I guess they are just plain jealous, or a pretty bad commentary on how they were brought by their parents. I know it bothers you but don't give them the satisfaction of knowing they got to you. Fuck'em!

24. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Screw that dickhead, Betty is a great looking car.

It seems apparent that not only is the guy a dick, but he also has no taste!

25. 1953girlracer

1953girlracer
    from Redlands

You are lucky he only ranted. I took my 50 chevy ute (from australua) still farm fresh old original paint with surface rust to a show any a guy walked up and kicked the front bumper and called it a piece of s__t. I got mad and asked to follow him to his car to do to it what he did to mine. He did not have one. Ignore them and enjoy the shows

26. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm not often around my car much at events, BUT on the few occasions I have been and overheard crap like you did I like to chime right in to the conversation! Agreeing and picking and poking with them than BAM! "Hey guess what buddy, this is MY car! Yep, me a girl and it's mine and I made it this way!" Wait until you see the look on their faces!

27. One thing to take into consideration too, is that the guy may have a mental illness. My wife used to work in the special needs field and would often take groups to car shows and things like that. My wife would have more common sense than to bring someone subject to tirades to an event like that, but it's something to think about

/sunshine & unicorns.

28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Yep, there are always those Dick Wads around.
    Sounds like this one was an A+ student.
    I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a black eye to show off to his friends.
    My solution would be a good hard kick in the NUTS. :eek::D:cool:
    Cheers..........

29. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I'd have asked him to show you his 100 point show car, since he was such an expert. He probably would stammer, then walk off. These jerks never have a car there to let someone else pick them apart. There is a guy in our town who is "going" to build the baddest street rod anyone has ever seen. First it was a 32 Ford coupe, then a 41 Willys coupe. He has been running his mouth for 5 years now, and never purchased one part yet. But every time I run into him at a car show, he will run down something on the car he is at, when I see him. He would do this different if it was his. There are a-holes everywhere. Call them on it, and they will probably disappear quickly.

30. ok i changed my mind ... take a pic after you follow him home and hit him over the head

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.