Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wal-Mart Batteries ( Buyers Beware)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48 Poncho, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Is Illinois Battery still there? I knew they had been there for a long time, I had a few of their products, they may be gone. I have to check now.

2. You will be buying Korean crap and crying about the good old days when you were able to buy the better China shit. :rolleyes:

3. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Would you mind telling me what kind of US-made car that is in your avitar?

4. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Even with money being hard to come by these days, I would still rather spend an extra $10 at a locally owned parts store, then give money to the fuckin' billionaire Walton family for there shit made merch from China! If you have to buy a part or battery made with slave labor in China, at least buy it from someone that will spend the profits in your community.

5. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

GREAT ANALYSIS!!!! :d

6. bobscogin

bobscogin

So, which of the country's problems would be solved if Wal-Mart disappeared?

Bob

7. F&J

F&J

You may not believe me but I saw some batteries with several stickers over the original date sticker. I could not believe it myself.

A magazine article many years ago on date stickers is why I have always looked when buying.

8. bobscogin

bobscogin

I appreciate your opinion, but before posting, you should have done some research so that you understand what price fixing is. It certainly doesn't lead to lower prices in a marketplace. Quite the opposite

Bob

9. bobscogin

bobscogin

I doubt it. If that was the case, Wal-Mart wouldn't stock cat food.:D

Bob

10. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Walmart sucks all around. I should know (I work there)

11. thanks to the date code, i have bought many good [still with warranty] batteries from junk yards for scrap prices.

12. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Totally agree. BUT, I'm looking for a good 6" orbital palm sander. I've been everywhere, and I can't find one made in the US at any price. I haven't bought one yet in the hopes that something comes up. The difference in price would probably be shocking, though. This is a problem with lots of tools now, US made is no longer even an option.

-KK

13. xlr8er

xlr8er

I can proudly say that I've never been to a Wal-mart!!! I'd rather spend a little more and know the profits are going to a local small time business owner.

My wife goes there from time to time and complains every time she comes home.

I'd rather deal locally...

14. brad chevy

brad chevy

You might want to bitch about WalMart but do you think that a husband and wife with 4 kids can just run into Macy"s and buy clothes for them,hell no with the overpriced so-called made in the U.S. stuff no wonder WalMart has grown so big.Hell even,the great U.S. Harley Davison is not made in the U.S .Probably a lot of guys on the H.A.M.B. ,their wives or even kids work at WalMart and if they didn"t they would be unemployed.I look at like this,blame the growth of WalMART--k-MART ETC. on local governments giving them the permits to build the dang things just for the money. You couldn"even count how many small downtowns are abandoned because of this although the people didn"t want Wal Mart.Kustom Comet is right.go out and try to find stuff made in the U.S. (rant over )

15. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

yes, please do. I paid 3x for a made in USA baby crib. Solid, heavy, real wood. I make control panels for many companies, and the MADE IN USA labels that go on them.
    some of us actually make shit here, demand creates jobs. so demand US made.

16. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

look at the toyota in your drive way and ..what more could I have done ?

17. bobscogin

bobscogin

So, do you agree with some here who say that the country would be better off without Wal-Mart? Would you?

Bob

18. ems customer service

ems customer service

i buy the best battery from federated auto parts store some last a long time and last 6 months, seems to be a crap shoot, same goes for my power tool batteries

19. VonKool13

VonKool13

Never had a problem with their batts. Great warranties to boot. Stop crying my keyboard is getting soggy.

20. ems customer service

ems customer service

option #3 fuck the country some more, vote for obama again

21. ironpile

ironpile

If their was no Wallmart just think of all the great pics we would miss.

22. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

In reply to some of the replies, I do realize it's up to me to keep track of my receipt. All I did was ask "What if" it got lost and that's where the rub started. I live in "Podunk" Tennessee and thanks to the Mighty Wal-Mart we don't have a lot of choices as to where to buy things here anymore. I support the only independent parts store left in our county and go there first on just about everything I need automotive. I did however go to our local Mathis Battery today and priced some custom made battery cables for the Poncho and while there priced a comparable battery...$109.00 vs the $73.00 I paid. Of course we do have an Auto Zone here. Let me see Cheap assed Chinese shit at Wal-Mart or go to Auto Zone for cheap assed Chinese shit plus an extra 40% or more. By the way my other choices were closed when I bought the battery.
    Long story short, just trying to help folks know about the way they warranteed their batteries , that's all!

48 Poncho

23. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Dude, your first problem is shopping for ANYTHING at Wal-Mart! ;)
    I buy batteries at Tractor Supply, the Wal-Mart of the Ag/Suburbia market!
    Brian

24. CollegeKid

CollegeKid
    from Minnesota

But then who would we get to see on People Of Walmart dot Com. Haha I totally agree Walmart sucks

25. rld14

rld14

A Vauxhall Velox, made in England. By General Motors.

Of course, buying a foreign car made by one of our close allies 41 years after it was first sold in a foreign country (Canada) isn't exactly skullfucking our balance of payments now is it?

26. rld14

rld14

Yep. I have been looking to buy a new drill myself, and I literally CAN'T find a single one made in America and this pisses me off.

US made a lot of stuff is no longer an option. I mean, I can understand certain niche products being imported, that's fine. But when I can't buy A FUCKING DRILL made in this country, something is VERY VERY wrong indeed. Especially when those drills carry American brand names :(

27. You need to go to a store with a very quick turn on inventory. If these batteries have not been regularly charged during those 8 months, you will find the battery has a much shorter life.

28. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I have a daughter who works at Walmart corporate. They have been very good to her, including letting her take three months with full pay to stay with my other daughter who was paralyzed in a car accident last September (I had a heart attack and then a brain bleed a few weeks after my daughter's accident and having my older daughter here was a godsend).

I get kinda tired of the Walmart bashers. I don't like everything about Walmart, but if I buy something and it's junk, I take it back and get a refund (like the expensive "made in USA" water hose I bought a few weeks ago that blew right off the fitting 15 minutes after I hooked it up to my lawn sprinkler).

Go to ANY store, even the small-town mom-and-pops, and see where their products are made.

29. erlomd

erlomd

exactly!

30. Yeah but you can get this one from Harbor Freight. It's not any cheaper but you can pay extra for a 6 month warranty on the flux capacitor.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.