Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Millers at Milwaukee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Super88, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Super88

Super88

Just a reminder to put this event on your calendars. Once again the Harry A. Miller Club will be hosting Millers at Milwaukee on July 8th and 9th at the Milwaukee Mile Race Track. Admission covers both days, parking and entrance to the pit area. Last years event had 53 vintage race cars from all years. They're amazing to look at in the pits, and you can't beat the sound of them running laps on the track.

http://www.harrymillerclub.com/

Photos are from previous meets.

Attached Files:

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

Awesome! I hope I can make it this year

4. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I think I may try to hit this one. I would love to see these cars in person!

Are spectator tickets sold at the gate?

It says track time is 11-4. Is that also the hours for the event? or is stuff also going on before or after the track time?

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Don't forget to video the cars for those going......I swear that I/we will be there next year.......Life sorta' got in the way this year.

Chris

6. krooser

krooser

Fabulous event....those Offys send chills up my spine.....

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

Do these guys actually race, or just putt around the track? One at a time?

8. Super88

Super88

Tickets are sold at the gate. You're required to sign a waiver for those that have issues with those kind of things. According to this site http://02a1392.netsolhost.com/mcvcg/2011/06/23/millers-at-milwaukee-auction-of-rarities/
    gates open at 11 am on Friday. On Saturday, there is an auction from 8 am to 11 am, with gates opening at 7 am for those attending the auction. My experience the past few years has been at the end of track time, everyone is packing up to leave.

You Tube has quite a few videos of past events for those that are interested.

9. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Weather forecast is looking perfect. 79* on Friday and 82* on Saturday with no rain. :)

10. racer5c

racer5c

Hellfish, not "racing" but as many cars on the track as you want, and you are allowed to drive as fast as you want, I only got in one session yesterday hope for more today

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I had a special "in" on that one and could not make it - just too much to do here at the house
    guess ya cant make em all

12. mac miller

mac miller
    from INDY

The “mac miller specials” had a great weekend at the fabulous “Millers at Milwaukee” vintage meet July 8 & 9.
    The Bob Dicks’ 1963 #98 “Agajanian” Watson roadster and the Carl Schulz’ 1927 #15 “Boyle Valve Spl.” Miller were on the Milwaukee Mile, virtually non stop, from the first green flag at 11 AM on Friday until the final “checker”at 4 PM on Saturday.
    In addition to regular team drivers, Bob Dicks, Carl Schulz, mac miller and Randall Cook, it was the team’s pleasure to have several notable guest “wheelmen” running lap sessions, including Roy Caruthers, Andy Hurtubise, Chris Paulsen, Josh Shaw, Brad Edwards and Michael Ferner. We would like to thank these guys for helping us make the “mac miller specials” the lap leaders for the weekend.

We love the Millers at Milwaukee! and want to thank everyone involved in organizing & conducting the meet , all of the car owners, who bring their wonderful cars and all of the fans who come to be part of the scene.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

mac miller in INDY

Attached Files:

13. 40 Olds

40 Olds

Thank you Mac and everyone else for a great display of history and performance! The auction was also something to see.

As I was looking at this Bandini roadster (Matt) walks up and says hop in lets go for a ride! Wow what a treat! Thanks Matt!

If you have not had a chance to see this event you should try to go next year.

Attached Files:

Michbandini likes this.
  14. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

PKENOMINAL event.. The way a vintage meet SHOULD be. Very laid back, run in your own/ and the cars comfort zone.. (Maybe just a hair past.. ;)) and HAVE FUN!

That Mac for the laps, and thanks Andy for more laps!

J Shaw

15. Super88

Super88

I went both days and have quite a few pictures that I'll post when I get some time to resize them.

16. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks guys for the shots of the cars.

Chris

18. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

19. Super88

Super88

20. Michbandini

Michbandini
    from Italy

Someone could help me to lacate this car and actual owner?