Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rest in Peace "Sparky", my brother.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryM931, Jul 5, 2011.

1. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Godspeed to Sparky........Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones as well.....Sparky was always a joy to talk to and hang out with....Always a kind word and you never knew what color his car was gonna be the next time you saw him....

Your friend Shoe R.I.P. Sparky

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

At a loss for words . Sparky was one of the first out of Texas HAMBers I met . He set up a meet and greet at the HHR in a parking lot .Always a smile on his face . He will be missed, and like Shoe just said always wondered what color his car would be this year . Prayers for the family .
    Danny and Danyelle

3. fbama73

fbama73

That's terible news. Sorry for your loss. Those TN Poor Boys always have some great looking cars, and look to be a tight-knit group when I see them at shows.

4. I meet Glenn many years ago on my first venture south. He was one of the most genuine people you ever came across. He was a true hot rodder in every sense of the word. He would have gladly given the shirt off his back. My wife and I used his # 43 sedan for one of our BBQ flyers and I have memories of him playing the piano and sleeping on our couch at one of the first BBQs we had. His smile was infectious and his wit keen. I am truly saddened by his passing....PBFL

Many Condolences to his Family

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. So sorry for your Loss , Stay Strong. Thoughts and prayers to you and your Family.

P.B.F.L.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  6. So sad to hear.
    Condolences to his Family and many friends.

Rest in peace Spark and catch you in hot rod heaven.

Sammy

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, a group of us, Danny AKA Dirty2 included, were just talking about Sparky a couple of weeks ago at the HRR in Bowling Green saying how much we missed him at the event and talking about the first time alot of us met in person, in about 2003 I think it, when Glenn got us all together for an evenings Meet & Greet. Boy we had fun that weekend. I'm so sad that he's not going to be around to hang out with any longer.:(

My condolences to Glenn's family, including his lovely wife, and his many legions of friends. Please let us know regarding a memorial service

8. Monday July 11th @Spring Hill Presbyterian church, 5534 Main street, Spring Hill Tenn. 10 am. His wife request that all who attend please drive your Hot Rod........ My wife and I will be there with the rest of the PoorBoys.... Look for me in my Kilt....

9. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Condolences to all of Sparkys family and friends. He sounds like a guy I would have loved to meet. RIP Sparky

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What is Glenn's last name??

11. Gator

Gator

Maker - if anyone would like to send cards, etc. I'll PM you the address.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

13. Wow! I heard at the cruise in tonight. I only met him once a few years ago at the Rumble at the 411. Seemed like the real thing, a car guy to the bone. Wish I'd known him better. My condolences to the family and the extended Poor Boys family.

14. ratster

ratster

sparky, you will be missed. i wish we lived closer and could have crused around more. I like the way he painted Jalopy # 43 sedan with a paint roller. we used to tease each other about our car club names, he would call mine "greazie mubflaps" and i would call his "poon boys". R.I.P sparky

15. Rusty

Rusty

Aint been onhere much, sucks hearing about a buddy passing, Sparky was a good dude!!!!!!!!

16. Gator

Gator

The memorial service was nice, got to see Sparky's Mom again and meet his brother Gary and his sisters.

Sadly enough, a couple of family members told me the vultures were circling already, wanting to 'help out' the family by hauling Sparkys junk away - less than a week after the man passed.

Some of the guys from the club that made it out. We also had a BBQ in his honor Sunday. I know several of the other guys really wanted to be there but work/travel prevented it.

[​IMG]

Rest in peace, Brother.

[​IMG]