Register now to get rid of these ads!

my girls first old car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by niceguyede, Jul 5, 2011.

1. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

So my girlfriends ot 2000 buick wouldnt pass inspection. so we sold that pos and started searching crackslist for a driver. After work on thursday I come home and she has found a few lookers so we go through the list and she hits one that says 63 belair, 1000. So friday after work we go and check it out. This car is pristine!! It is all original, 1 owner with 23k. Thats right, 23k. It has the original title paid off in 68. Its a 283, 3 on the tree with a little rust in the front pans and the trunk. It fires with gas in the carb and barely makes a sound! I was checking it out today after work and it still has the original plug wires!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You must be living right, GREAT score !!!
    Those Crack List scores are always gone by the time I call about them....

3. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I like it, I tried to buy one like it that is in mint condition . She still owns it ......damn-it. Nice score .
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

You aint lowered that thing yet..come on man!

5. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks like a good deal...

6. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

waitin on you to help!! its the least you could do, and I bet it wont take 24 hours staight!!!!!

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I would start with charging system-already has red wheels too-very good find-hope she enjoys it.

8. 4950ford

4950ford
    from cushing,ok

Lone star and niceguy, you boys better play nice, hahaha, you're brothers for god's sake. get that thing running good and we'll see you at the la quinta on oltorf

9. koolkat269

koolkat269

the yosemite sam floor mats rock

10. derbydad276

derbydad276

love the swamp cooler under the dash

11. shocker998md

shocker998md

12. Agreed!

13. Nice find there Ede
    I bet she loves it, can she drive 3 onna tree?
    Give me a call this week if you can, I'll be out of the hospital tomorrow if all goes well. Later Dude
    Gary

14. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

That is beautiful. Lots of people not on this board wouldn't understand how beautiful that car is. I love how simple the engine compartment is.

15. Nice old car. Congratulations. You know, my weber bbq has a busted top handle just like yours. Cheers, H.R.D.

16. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I have an alternator I was gonna put on it, but the guy I got it from still has the original genorator Ive gotta pick up.

Hahaha! Ive got to give him some hell, Ive put a lot of love into his car! Good thing is, unlike my truck which is still all fab work, this thing just needs elbow grease!! And he's good at greasing elbows!

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1>
    The lines still look pretty good, Im hopin it'll hold a charge! That would be the icing on this sweet ass cake!

Glad they're lettin ya out Gar. Hope your back to full speed soon! She doesnt know how to drive a standard, yet. As soon as all the bugs are worked out shes gonna learn, it is her car after all!

Yea, love the lines on these. Early lowriders is what got me into cars, and was one of the first shops I ever worked in. I already have visions of supremes and candy paint!!

Hahaha! those webbers are like old cars, a little wear just makes em better!

17. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

its our car not just mine!!! yes hunny you have been hacked!! even IF you let me help you will be putting more in labor into the car than we paid for it!! and just so everyone knows i realllllllyyyy love the car!!!

18. erlomd

erlomd

nice man. love the interior on those 63s

19. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

That is COOL!......congrats and be sure to show pics of the progress

20. anteek

anteek

Before it lets her sit with the column shift hung up slip in a 4 or 5 speed,bolted to a blow can hiding a serious clutch and aluminum wheel. the dual exhaust and fuel sipping Holley can come after you put in a posi for those infequent icy roads. She'll love you for it.

21. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

All the bushings in the linkage look like new and it feels real smooth. I doubt Ill have any trouble out of it. My brothers(lonestarmopar) 52 chevy is 3 ott and he hasnt had any problems in the year + that hes been driving it. When it does start giving me problems Ill find a four speed for it, or steal the one out of the uni and find me a 5 speed!!

22. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

An old York A/C compresser, haven't seen one in a long while!
    My 3rd car was a 63' 2dr. HT w/ 283 A/T.
    No complaints......The only problem I ever had was the Driveshaft (Center Suppot) Bearing.

23. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I had an Alternator on my 63'..
    Your saying that the previous owner said it originally had a generator?
    I thought the last year for a Generator was 1962?

24. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

He said he pulled a generator off it, but I havent seen it so I dont know. I thought 65 was the last year for the generator on chevy's. I know ford switched to alternators in 64, but not sure on chevy.

25. fleetside66

fleetside66

You can't go wrong on that deal. I had a '63 with the same engine (as my daily back in the '60's) & you couldn't beat it. It just ran & ran. The gas mileage was decent, too. You might consider a carb upgrade to maybe a 500 cfm Edelbrock, with an electric choke.

26. fleetside66

fleetside66

27. atch

atch

the 283 in clarence originally had a generator. it's a '66 that came out of a '66 impala that my grandmother bought new. the generator was original and i took it off to put the alternator in.

oh, yeah; good score (both for the car and the gf that likes old cars)..

28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Nice score indeed

29. hermanpwillis

hermanpwillis

Great looking car! I hate to ask a stupid question, but I am new here......what does ot in front of the year 2000 mean? I've seen it elsewhere, too. Sorry.......

30. atch

atch

ot = off topic