Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>2011 Heavy Rebel Weekender PICS!!!<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jul 5, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

2011 Heavy Rebel Weekender was this past weekend and the car show was Saturday. Here are some pics I took of the way up as well as the show.

Woke up at 5am to meet the guys at the shop for a roll out at 6am. That time was left open to interpretation I guess so Jeremy and I rolled out with out the rest to go grab some coffee for the ride up. We then waited on the side of the interstate for those guys to catch up....
    [​IMG]

Then once we had everybody we rolled out and met Del (HOTDAMN) and Tater on the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well pulled into Winston Salem a little later then anticipated but even if we were on time we would have been late. People had flooded that place as early as 6am.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once we parked we grabbed all our stuff and headed to the Iron Lords welcome tent and set up shop. From there we rushed to get things in order and set up road block signs as the Iron Lords were helping with the show this year....
    [​IMG]

Terd's Engine...
    [​IMG]

Dick's '39....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't get a chance to take a ton of pics of the cars there because I had to shoot 3 bikes for work while there in different locations around the city. Thanks Jerm for helping! Here are the ones that I did take of cars though...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite cars there was this survivor '35. It was his father's in the late 50's and was equipped with a Olds Rocket. Iron Lords gave it Best Hot Rod Trophy....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rad paint...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This thing was pretty rad too. Loved the stance and the color combo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This was probably thee coolest car at the show for it's story. Scat Cat II ran in the 60's and and was competitive all through the 70's. This car was found by it's new owner a few years back and happens to be the first drag car he ever seen when he was 4 years old. It's the one that sparked his interest in racing and he now has the honor of preserving this thing. Included 8 original trophies from back in the day. Everything original.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This T Bucket got the Iron Lord's SEAN VESLEY award. He drove it from Georgia and it was a bad little car. Sean would have loved it from what I can gather....
    [​IMG]

Preview of the new issues of OUTLAW BIKER so go find a copy....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  4. Chemin

Chemin

Great pics. Thanks for sharing

5. Thanks, JJ! Almost like being there....NOT! I'll be there next year, though!

6. Blown 61

Blown 61

Great pics, thanks. This car is bitchen, can you tell me what kind and size of tires it has on it? thanks.

[​IMG]

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

JJ, those pics are great!

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah where were you!?

Also I have no clue on the size of those tires but you're right, that car rules!

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Terd I forgot my favorite one.
    [​IMG]

10. Very nice pics man! That looks like a great show. Thanks!

11. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Great pics Jeffrey, it kills me that I missed it. I will be there next year for sure.

12. Looks like a great show, and awesome pics! Thanks for posting those up.

Ryan

13. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Great show it is not all about Ratrod. There was alot of very nice traditional hotrods and Kustom. I like say thank you to all the clubs. You made the show. I am plan on tell some friends about the show hoping they will dust of there hotrod and bring to the show next year. JJ lets plan on going to Raleigh and getting Mike's original 1932 Ford out of the garage and taken it to the show. Mike will not miss it on the weekend he is to busy cleaning bathroom and chasing women. Here are some of my pic they not nice as your JJ. Thank again every body be safe. See you at GG show at Charlotte.

Attached Files:

14. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

WOW!!!! amazing pics..

15. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

16. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

More pics

Attached Files:

17. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

even more pics

Attached Files:

18. Get back to work!

19. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

last of my pics. Any tradition hotrods and Kustom need to come to the show next year. Peace

Attached Files:

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks for the additions Willie!!! This one is an old Alexander Bros. car that was brought down from VA and included a Cadillac V8 engine, radiused wheel wells, and a beautiful interior which the Iron Lords gave Best Interior to. Unfortunately he left before we could give him his trophy so if anybody knows where we can send it let us know.
    [​IMG]

21. billys54

billys54

22. hotdamn

hotdamn

That's Ted's car from the Saints, his name is Disorderly Saint here on the HAMB, he is the majic that makes it all happen:D

and yes it is RAD!

23. You've outdone yourself there J.J.!! Pheonominal pics!

See guys, this is and always has been a great show. It just needs this kind of coverage.

Also, Ted's car is awesome!!

BloodyKnuckles

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great pics JJ! Using the 50mm?

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Naw, I used the 50mm for just the last two bike pics. Other then that everything else was done with my 18-135mm zoom. Thanks guys.

26. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

great photos jeffrey. im going to put that show on my list of must see

27. beverlyhillbilly

beverlyhillbilly

28. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Wow! Great location and some wicked looking rods and customs! Thanks for sharing

29. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn it Aaron, there about to deliver a verdict on Casey Anthony and you're asking about Cad V8's!!! Hahahaha!!!!

It's going in his '57 Chevy pickup. The truck is being done in a late 50's style with dark purple pearl paint for the exterior, full white horizontal pleats inside and this pearl pink 365 cadillac backed by a hydro. The truck is an ODE to his father's "White Lightening pickup" from the late 50's. It's going to be rad.