Register now to get rid of these ads!

FLATCAD RACING Bonneville 2011 Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Jul 27, 2010.

1. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Lookin good Buddy, boy you are sure cutting it fine on time.
    Good luck and I hope everything goes smooth.

2. Look'in good Buddy but boy do you have a lot of work left, looks like there will be a lot of major late night thrashes. Looks like 50 days left..............Keep on Keepin on..........

3. That's just how it's done. ;) Grace under pressure.

Thumbs up! Looks good from where I sit too.

Pluggin' along, I too still have some work to do, don't think I'm going to make the July Elmo meet so I hope to just get in a little testing at PTV like I did with Elwood right before Eagle Field. We'll make Bonneville though. :D Looks like we should have a good crowd at "the Bend" just at our site.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  4. Could sure use some help getting my Mom setup for Bonneville!

Hey guys, have a big favor to ask -- as I'm new to the Bonneville game! I've talked to my Mom and her 'significant other' - they're both almost 80 and I posed this question:

"Hey Mom, you always used to go to the races with me at the Antique Nats, what do you think about taking your motor home from the Black Hills (SD) and come race with me at Bonneville?".

Anyway, I think they're going to come home early from their Alaska trip and come to Bonneville in their motor home and join the FlatCAD team. That idea of having my Mom come race with us is just the coolest thing for me.

Where and how do I get them a place to park and are there 'reservations' and other things to make? They're great people and I want them to have a great experience, but I don't know where/how to get them setup?

Anybody care to help me out on this . . . would REALLY appreciate it! :D

5. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Things are shure looking good guys!
    We cross our fingers that you will make it in time.

Hope Dale gets his mom to Bonneville too!!:).

My 82 year old mom really like old cars too, ask about the dragster all the time:D!

When all you guys are working your butts off, I use my time promoting the Flatcad Racing team, and their top team spirit.:)!

Br
    Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

Attached Files:

6. Thanks Kjell - we appreciate all the "Worldwide PR" . . . guess FlatCad is going global :rolleyes:

We do have a ton to do - so we'll just have to push like hell to get it done.

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

HEY, Cool shirt!:D

8. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Thanks Dale:)!

If it's OK with you, i'll send another Norwegian to Bonneville to support you!?
    I'll do it next year:)!

Oh, the picture was taken last weekend when i was crewing for the "old Bros" Altered

Kjell

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  9. If you want her to stay at "the Bend" it's free, no reservations (except the ones she may have about staying there. lol) no hook ups, BLM puts out porto potties, plenty of room and it's one hell of a good time. It can be a little noisy late at night but me as an early to bed early to rise kinda guy, I had no problem sleeping. ;) Tell her to come on down!

I've been flyin' your colors too! We're not in the same class so why not. :D

[​IMG]

10. You ttravelling with them and/or do they need any help on this end? I am leaving Rapid City on Thursday.

11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

12. If they're happy to be with a heap of 'car people' and comfortable to be self supporting, then bend in the road. If they like access to facilities etc, then the RV park....they have nice hot showers...

http://koa.com/campgrounds/wendover/

Stayed @ both area's previously and would happily do so again.

Back to the build, looks great, love the progress, and passion.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

13. sololobo

sololobo

Man that red is awesome, the cam is a knock out looking beast itself. ~sololobo~

14. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Haha! Not bad for cheap paint, huh?

I ran out of money for good paint, but wanted the car shiny. $94 for two gallons of enamel, thinner, and hardener!:D

15. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Hey lookin' real good.... I'll get the measurement for the Jimmy today as I burnt the mid-night hour last night installing my rad in the tanker......

I like your colour, "re-sale red", best colour (Canuck, my spelling) on a car lot.... My tanker will be red as well. See you on the salt....

16. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I have been following this thing since before the start. I bought a new RED GMC to drive out in and got my room at Mo6. Don't even think about not making it. To many people want to see and hear it.

17. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Rich, you're at the top of my list to meet!

I made the mistake of looking at the calendar yesterday- 49 days left! I almost had a heart attack, had an anxiety attack for sure!

There's a lot to be done, but we'll get it and be there.

18. havi

havi

This is getting really exciting! subscribing.

19. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Hi Dale

They are more than welcome to set up next to us ! It will be My brother in-law and our 2 boys. Call me when you get a chance. It will be like camping with Family.

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Color coordinated new van. Didn't want to take a chance of looking out of place. If you can think of any of this junk I have that you can use, let me know. The inside is all full of Obama shelves. I'm helping our with the recovery by letting the tax payer finish the van for me. Thanks guys.

21. BadbeatFactory

BadbeatFactory

Just ordered one of your shirts online...hope it helps. Will look for you on the salt in August, hope you make it.

22. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Haha! That's a cool van!I could get you a FlatCad vinyl sticker to put on the sides! Hopefully, you'll come down and hang with us a while. If there is anyone who knows how to the the most out of a vintage engine, it's you.

Rich,I appreciate the offer! We're still trying to figure out what we need. We're like a bunch of virgins heading to the cathouse-sounds like a lot of fun, but have no idea what to expect!:D

BadbeatFactory, we appreciate the support!:cool:

23. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Bring the stickers and we will put them on in the pits.

24. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wow, here's some cool news, and a real honor![/FONT]

I'd like to introduce the newest member of FlatCad Racing, Rich Fox. Rich has graciously offered to be our push truck driver, and to use his van for that purpose .Thanks Rich!

We are VERY lucky to have someone with Rich's experience, and knowledge, helping us at B'ville!

I may hear about this from Rich, but it's worth it. For those of you that don't know about Rich's LSR exploits, and successes, here's a small insight to the man:

http://www.allpar.com/racing/nhra/four-cylinder.html

Cool, huh?:D

25. Rich is good folk!

26. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I feel some responsibility for this effort s I jumped in with unsolicited advise and comment when Buddy was building the LaSalle. One of my contributions was that a blown Flathead Cad should be run on the salt where it could stretch it's legs. But that is always my idea for everything. Take it to Bonneville. When the direction changed into this I thought it would be pretty interesting. I never thought it would evolve into this large of an effort. You bet I want to see what happens. I be happy to push and pull it but it's these guys project and they have it under control.

27. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Yep, it's your fault!

Ok, it's not, but you did push me off the fence I was straddling!:D

28. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Probably the same reason I liked it. It's one of the weirdest, dumb ideas ever. Let's do it.

29. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Wrenchbender sent me some pics of the re-assembly.

I can't wait to get there Friday!:D

Attached Files: