Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autolite Spark Plugs - CHINA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspwr, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuces

Deuces

Please do an intro at the top of the forum page.. Thanks!

2. If people think that Japanese cars outlast US cars should look on the road. How often can you see a 20 year old or more Japanese car? Sure you see a few but I bet you'll still see more American cars. An American car is usually less expensive to fix something than an import. There's also not much market in restoring the old ones that first arrived on our shores 40-50+ years ago either.

3. You're right. They look like toasters with wheels on them. There is no aesthetic merit in bringing them back to life. At least an old VW still looks better restored than an early Honda Civic. An old Honda Civic actually looks like an old Sony Walkman with four wheels. :D

4. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

if wix could make spark plugs would you buy them chances are most people will go for the cheapest regardless of quality.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Guess next time I do an oil change on my o/t convertible Ford, I'll look for a WIX filter.. I've been using Autolite air and oil filters up until now..

6. If you want something WITH quality Made in the USA - build a time machine. That's the only way you will get that now.

7. If all of your vehicles are imports, Why are you here?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  8. Rumbler

Rumbler

Ahh the tuners rear their multi-spoiler'ed, neon flashing, wastegate havin', JDM badge wearin' heads. As the members of HAMB as my witness, I will dedicate my life to cracking off as many tuners on the streets as I can before I'm dead and buried!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

9. Deuces

Deuces

Thanx Rumbler!! :cool:

10. Rumbler

Rumbler

You'd be surprised how many yakuza bosses would like to restore a Datsun 240Z.

11. RichG

RichG

Man, I must be getting old, 'cause that reference is DATED.

The Industrial Revolution is over, the Digital Revolution has peaked, we're seeing the birthing pains of the Globalization Revolution, and it's gonna hurt. I foresee a future where Asia has a larger and stronger middle class than the United States has, or had.

The real future for us is in cottage industry; we have the ability, the resources, as small business's we will revitalize our communities in ways that big business could never dream of... BUT it's gonna hurt.

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I hope you weren't referring to me. If you were, re-read my post and who it was directed at. I'm about as anti tuner as one can get, although they are kinda amusing, in a pitiful way.

13. dmikulec

dmikulec

I was referring of course to Communist China. You know, those "nice" folks who are financing our wars and national debt.

One of our biggest strengths has always been our ability to manufacture the things our nation needs ourselves, here at home. It's necessary for our economic as well as our national security. Relying solely on other nations to make things for us is just plain stupid.

Then there's China's 4.6 million man army that grows in strength every day.

Back to the topic... time for me to stock up on NOS, US made auto parts. :cool:

14. RichG

RichG

Okay, just got confused, the Hammer and Sickle were USSR, the Red Chinese just have a star I believe.

As far as manufacturing goes, I don't disagree with you, I just don't think it's going to come back around to the way it was. Lamenting the change doesn't do anything, finding a way to adapt to that change and overcome that weakness, that's something worth discussing.

15. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

I like the patriotism here. The United States needs this type of inspiration and drive. "Manufacturing" and bringing back economic wealth/prosperity is going to be one big challenge for our country. Economic prosperity is a huge problem today becuase of Government intervention and lack of incentives. I look at our governemnt today and what a convoluted mess its become, and am sad to say that our system has become pure garbage.

Anyone know what Bosch sparkplug will fit in a 37 flatty with stock heads?

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Who makes Champion plugs now and where? Back in the day I always used them in flatheads, and have used them in the past in sbc.
    Dave

17. Deuces

Deuces

I've seen a commercial on tv earlier today, (you know the ones that you don't want to see) that toyoda in so many words "said they are more american than Ford is"... I about blew my stack, I was so "FUCKIN' PISSED OFF" :mad::mad::mad: I felt like emailin' them and tell'em to take that FUCKIN' commercial off the air!!! :mad::mad: FUCK THEM!!!! :mad:

18. rgaller

rgaller

Sheesh, settle down. According to the NHTSA, there are LOTS of American cars that are "less American" than Toyota:

1. Ford Sport Trac -- 90 percent made in the U.S.
    2. Mercury Mountaineer -- 85 percent.
    3. Ford Explorer -- 85 percent.
    4. Dodge Dakota -- 84 percent.
    5. Dodge Avenger -- 83 percent.
    6. Dodge Grand Caravan -- 82 percent.
    7. Chrysler 200 -- 81 percent.
    8. Toyota Tundra -- 80 percent.
    9. Toyota Sequoia -- 80 percent.
    10. Toyota Camry -- 80 percent.
    11. Toyota Avalon -- 80 percent.
    12. GMC Savana -- 80 percent.
    13. Dodge Nitro -- 80 percent.
    14. Chrysler Town & Country -- 80 percent.
    15. Honda Accord -- 80 percent.
    16. Jeep Wrangler 4 Door -- 79 percent.
    17. Jeep Wrangler 2 Door -- 78 percent.
    18. Jeep Liberty -- 78 percent.
    19. Chevrolet Impala -- 77 percent.
    20. Cadillac DTS -- 76 percent.

Maybe you should direct your anger towards Jeep for having less American parts than Toyota. Of course, this is all predicated on what you believe makes a company "American". Does their headquarters need to be on American soil (even though they may do all their business internationally), or is it the content of their product? In other words, Toyota is both right and wrong, depending on your viewpoint.

19. big creep

big creep

hey r galler what do you have that is american? i see nothing on your homepage, so if you say you belong here, post what you have?

20. r7bis

r7bis

Right now i can walk across the street and look at my neighbor's 2011 F150, and find almost every electrical part under the hood with a bar code and a made in china/japan/mexico sticker on it. Assembled in American, made elsewhere.

21. big creep

big creep

but its still an American truck put together and built by Americans, supporting an American company with American employees!!!!!!

22. big creep

big creep

still waiting rgaller? so what do you have?

23. Deuces

Deuces

I'm hopin' to change all that... :rolleyes:

24. r7bis

r7bis

So, using Toyota as an example, has 5 plants here in the US. The only difference between it and American car companies is the company part. Everything for it is being put together by Americans.

25. Except some Japanese execs are getting fat off our sweat.

26. r7bis

r7bis

True, but the American execs are not?

27. big creep

big creep

toyota is japanese, not chinese! the shit they make sucks, and the japs love buying American! and yes there are two sides to every coin, but the problem here is china bring shit over by the boat load, and not importing anything of ours except jobs!

28. big creep

big creep

toyota is japanese, not chinese! the shit they make sucks the chinese that is, and the japs love buying American! and yes there are two sides to every coin, but the problem here is china bring shit over by the boat load, and not importing anything of ours except jobs!

29. rgaller

rgaller

I have a 1955 Chevrolet 210 2-Door sedan with less than 30k actual miles on it. It seems that many people here automatically assume that since I do not like *new* American cars, that I hate *all* American cars. That couldn't be further from the truth. I believe the pre-1970 American cars were great!

30. big creep

big creep

then post some pictures of it, i would love to see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.