Register now to get rid of these ads!

Interior and chrome in Tijuana?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ImpulseBuyer, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

fellas,
    im in san diego, minutes from the border. All i ever hear is "Dude just take it to TJ" whenever i bring up getting chrome dipped and my interior done. ive been down there 1000 times but have never taken a car down there to get any work done.i guess im just looking for a nudge in the right direction. ive got a 52 buick special, bagged and now needing full interior and all my chrome dipped. anybody got a guy? i cross the border on the san ysidro side. thanks in advance.

2. dropped53

dropped53
    from Hanford CA

i live up in central cal. and i remember back in the days when everyone was rolling with 13inch spokes and hydros someone would always bring up taking parts to get chromed out or entire cars for complete resto. But i havent heard any of that anymore im curious if there is a reliable shop that can take care of this on the cheap.

3. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

i know mexico doesnt have all the EPA regulations when it comes to chroming so it's very cheap, i just dont want to roll in there with 30 pieces to be dipped and have a few missing when its all over.

4. Mexico is so crazy right now parts missing would be the least of your problems. You might not come back at all driving a car like that down there.

I know Mexicans that won't go across the border to see their families it's so dangerous...

5. LabRat

LabRat

6. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

7. Colinm

Colinm

Place called ponchencos is located in downtown Tijuana 5 minutes from the border on revolution blvd. Go early in the AM leave by 5pm and you'll be ok. Good luck

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Hey don't listen to the bullshit about going to TJ. I have been going down there for years , had my interior done there and all the guys in my club had it done there , was there 2 months ago and got and olds and shoebox interior done there . I have a guy who's been doing it since 1965 best quality and no bullshit.PM me and we will talk. I can take you down there no problems

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

9. catbox

catbox

The PO had my interior in my '54 done down there and it looks good.

10. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

let us know how it goes

11. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

When I asked about this a couple of years ago I was told all the upholstery people were up here.

12. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

Update. My interior is complete. 1600 dollars and 15 hours later. hombres ruin aka Paul did exactly what he said he was gonna do "Ill take you down there no problems". He did just that. Great guy, practically had to beg him to let me buy him lunch. Thanks again paul, you need anything from milk to murder you know im minutes away. The following pics are of my 52 buick interior done at champions in TJ. so glad i joined the HAMB.

catbox likes this.
  13. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

14. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

15. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

16. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

17. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

18. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

19. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

[​IMG]

yea its like that

20. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

21. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

and there ya go. no cartel violence no drama. just good times, titty bars good food and a 25 minute wait at the border. if you're south of fresno, i'd hit up Mexico. Chrome is next. ill keep you posted. thanks guys.

22. Never2low

Never2low

Well I'd say that's a pretty nice transformation! How many pesos did it set you back? I mean what kind of price difference between north and south? Not to stir the pot, just curious.

23. ImpulseBuyer

ImpulseBuyer
    from San Diego

average up here was 3500 dollars and they'd have the car for three weeks. i paid 1600 dollars and 15 hours later i was home with a new interior.

24. Never2low

Never2low

15 hours, WOW! That's frickin cookin! Definatly looks good! And at half the price.

25. gsport

gsport

that's a steal for sure.... i found a guy up here that will do mine for $2500 when i'm ready for it, he's been doing it for 40 years.

26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

that is great.
    average full interior here is the same. i mean about 3grand.

27. Racrdad

Racrdad

Looks nice, the price was great, turnaround time awesome. Sounds like a winning deal to me!

28. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Sittin' pretty...

29. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Hell I paid $1500 just for my front and back seats to be done... Wow what a screamin deal and it looks nicer than what I got.....