Register now to get rid of these ads!

santa maria 2011 the good the bad the ugly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyin flattie, May 30, 2011.

1. Sorry about the car, but glad to here your lady is okay.

I had a front brake spring break just after getting off the freeway into Santa Maria, locked up the wheel. Nobody had a replacement, ('47 Ford) got 2 short ones from NAPA and hooked them together, got through the weekend and back home. Good weekend otherwise. Again, glad your okay.

2. WOW! Good to hear that she's okay. Makes you want to fuck up that truck driver!!!! Thanks for the pic's.....

3. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

So sorry to hear about this.... Hope our girl is doing better now... You guys are troopers! & the fact that you still came out to our event at the bowling alley means alot!! Thank u for the support!!
    Keep us posted on the recovery & hit us up when u guys come back nxt yr to the bowling alley! Ill pick up first round of beers!!

Joe & marisa
    hoods cc

4. 133

wow! sorry to hear about your g/f's T-Bird. that is a sweet car. you think it is fixable or will it be totaled? good to her she's ok. hard to believe it is like the police sided with the truck driver? don't let him off the hook.

on a side note, your Chevy is awesome. are those '60 Cadillac tail lenses in the bumper guards or custom made? either way, killer touch!

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Lame about the T bird. Your GF is kick-ass though. Sounds like she did all the right things, and I love the fact that you just had the car towed and kept going, went to the show, and had a bitchin time.

Make sure she continues to go to the doctors and physical therapists. Just like 26Tudor said, she can feel fine for a while but she can have problems down the line. I've been there! And again like 26Tudor advised, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING! I would also get a lawyer as soon as you can.

Good luck, glad your lady is OK. You can fix the car!

6. nolly

nolly

Glad your gf is OK! Are you gonna rebuild the T-bird? Glad you both got to S Maria & had fun!!;) Like everyone else says, your gf is a keeper!! Has she any sisters or female cousins of a similar nature!!?:rolleyes:

7. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

So glad your girlfriend is OK, but as 26Tudor said "Don't sign anything yet and wait to make sure she is OK! SHE is definitely a keeper! Sweet Chevy and sweet T Bird, hope you can bring it back. Sorry man............

8. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

thanks and we wont let him off the hook. the tail lights are home made plexiglass.

and joehoods ill def. come find you for that round for sure.

9. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

lookin forward to it!!
    :d

10. lowongas

lowongas

Your right as rain 26tudor..I hold a CDL-A-B license and it is a FEDERAL LAW and State law that the truck driver..( AND the Company knows this..) was to be sent to the Hospital or a Clinic and tested RIGHT there and then...NO BS...I have been through this.!!The Police are now in trouble and could be facing Federal and State charges if they are found guilty on NOT doing there job.They are also facing a MAJOR law suit if they dropped the ball on this one....I would contact there Supervisor and inform him of what happened.I am VERY happy and that everyone is ok but PLEASE TAKE this advice..CALL A LAWYER NOW..!!

11. billys54

billys54

great pics, sorry about the car

12. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

Thank you for all the advise we will know what all the info on tues. her insurance has knew about it the hour it happened and im hopeing for the best.

13. lazyv8

lazyv8

this poor kid gave his all on this t bird doing all the work himself for his girlfriends first car! worked his ass off! too bad this had to happen to you tim! karma is a bitch! and it will all come out okay on your end..im here for whatever you need homes.luv ya!

14. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Hey dude, sorry to hear about your girl's Thunderbird, that sucks! At least no one was seriously hurt. Metal can be replaced and repaired. It was nice meeting you and talking to you at the show... Thanks for the pics, Rich

15. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

love ya thanks to you and everyone in the club for being there for me all the time. I wouldnt be able to do what I do with out you guys.

16. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Glad you are all are ok. I think I saw you pulling into the show on Sunday morning. Did your buddy have a pale green roadster? I drove down from San Mateo with wife and kids in my 65 mustang; next year the 51 merc will male the trip

17. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

yeah my buddy had the green roadster. he drove it down for a friend. Next year he should have his 51 merc done too

18. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Great pics, Sorry about the car, ...She's a -->KEEPER<--!!!
    good luck and keep us informed of the happenings, rebuild or otherwise.
    Ken

19. hemifarris

hemifarris

That WAS a cool car you did for your girlfriend. Thank God everyone ended up alive. Pretty cool that you two continued on to the show. Thanks for the excellent photos. Your Chev is really nice..........Mike

20. FTW666

FTW666

you guys are my heros, that would have fucked up my whole trip. hats off to you both. glad everyone was safe.

21. Glad your GF's okay (apparently). Everyone here likes to give advise (I include myself), and with good intentions..but, really seek legal advise from a legitimate source (someone who has actually passed their bar exam).

22. BCR

BCR

I had something similar happen to a car I just finished once. It is really hard to get over but just be glad your girlfriend is ok. Sorry bout the bird.

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Terribly sorry about the car. I am really happy no one was hurt though.

This thing is rad!
    [​IMG]

24. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

sorry to hear about your ordeal, glad your all okay.

25. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

what happend to the images

26. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

Hey guys this is Sophia, Tim's girl. I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their nice words, you guys really made me tear up. This whole ordeal is still unreal to me and I'm unsure if it will ever truly set in with me. Tim did such an amazing job on that bird, and everyone who got the chance to see it loved it. I know we both tried to make light of the situation, having a laugh at the fact that all of his body work and paint held together so well after the reck.

My thoughts go out to the family and friends who lost someone in the wreck down south. I can't even imagine. It reminds me that even though what happened was sad and scary as hell, it could have been so much work. I walked away from it with only minor injuries. As Tim said, my neck was x-rayed and all that was found was some nerve damage and an abnormal curve in my neck. Thank god for pain meds!

Sadly, we will not be fixing the bird, since it is a unibody and beyond repair from what I understand. Even if it was repairable,I dint think I could go through all of that. I do plan to get back on the horse and start new though, and this weekend was a great way to take my mind off of what happened.

Thank you all again, I know I am so lucky to be involved in something with some many great, supportive people around.

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

wow, what a bummer mate. i really feel for you. glad your girl is alive and well, but what a shitty situation.
    Is it just my ipression ,or this year a lot of bad, actually very bad luck on the road trip part of the weekend..

28. sololobo

sololobo

Break my heart, I was so knocked out by the bird, it looks so right in the cool pink color. Thank god your gal was not seriously injured. We can rebuild cars. You were so brave to continue on to the event and I wish you the best on your bird rebuild. Love from the hearland. ~sololobo~

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Sorry about the car, glad everyone's going to be ok though. Thanks for soldiering on and showing us the pictures.

30. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Damn, you guys aren't quitters for sure. Sorry to hear about the loss of the car but at least the injuries were minimal. Did you have collectors insurance or a regular policy? I'd like to know what the outcome is with the insurance company but I am sure that will be months away.