Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cams for a 325 Poly Hemi????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutwagonfromhell, May 20, 2011.

1. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

I`m looking for a performance camshaft for a 1957 dodge 325 poly engine. Anybody know where I can find one?

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Google Elgin Cams. Or Dema Elgin.

3. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I can do one for you if you have a core.

PM me.

Pete

4. George

George

Chris Nielsen also

5. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Oregon cams can make anything you want

6. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Pete's the man you want to see about cams.....

HC.

7. Comp Cams now has "Thumper" grinds for many of the vintage engines, call and ask fro Chris Padgeat.

8. 73RR

73RR

There are NO new cores. So, using a regrind is your only option. There are many small shops that can cut your stock shaft as well as most of the 'big' guys.
    Your job is simple, find the profile that you like and have that company do the work. Troll through the catalogues on line and see what else is used in a 325 inch engine.
    However, be cautious about using anything other than a Mopar grind since they are designed for the large diameter lifters. Brand 'x' profiles will certainly work, but they will not be optimal. If you just want to freshen up the stick and do some cruising then just about anything will work.

You will also need adjustable pushrods or you can convert your rockers to adjustable.
    We are having some computer problems related to our CamDoctor so I won't offer to do the cam right now but we can certainly make pushrods or convert your rockers.

Good luck.