Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Drawing of Pat Foster driving the Barry Setzer Vega

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ewt2, May 18, 2011.

1. ewt2

ewt2

I grew up in the 70's in the Chicago area. I got see some great cars and fearless drivers at Oswego Dragway during the infancy of Funny Cars. One of my favorite drivers was Pat Foster. This drawing is a tribute to him. He wheeled and wrenched on the Barry Setzer Vega from 71 -73....
    I Talked with Cole the other day, and he kindly mentioned his Dad always had his goggles up on his visor during burnouts. So I had to get out the Pink Pearl and redo the goggles. Glad to get it right!

[​IMG]
    "Pat Foster" 20x30 pencil on board

[​IMG]

2. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

3. frank spittle

frank spittle

Absolutely the baddest Funny Car in it's day with John Buttera building the chassis, Ed Pink the engines and Pat tuning and driving. Of course none of it would have happened without Barry Setzer's deep pockets. He only lived 50 miles from me and put North Carolina on the map. Great artwork.

4. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Fantastic work.

5. Ed (ewt2) Tillrock -

Your pencil work is unbelievable! ... IMHO, you are simply the best in that medium!

Also ... Don't know if you were aware of it, but last week, Cole (cole) Foster gave you some "free advertising" by posting this artwork on his "FB wall".

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. ewt2

ewt2

Thanks Man! Cole's the best! And his Dad sure knew his stuff... Wish I could have met him.

7. Keep

Keep

That pretty much covers it. Outstanding.

8. No doubt. That was about the best team you could ever assemble.