Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the deal with luck 7 hot rod chasis?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, May 12, 2011.

1. dannyego

dannyego

So in my latest summit mini catalog they have lucky 7 rolling chasis for $3699. Which seems pretty cheap says 30-35 ford complete chasis call to price out with your pick of suspension and everything else. Anyone know what you actually get for that $3699 and the quality. Seems super cheap for a complete chasis...

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

are you SURE that they don't specify exactly what comes with your $3699 selection? I've never seen a catalog yet (mini or otherwise) that doesn't specify "engine accessories shown are not included", or "chromed/dropped axle for display only", or "gunbelt does not include pistol or ammo shown". Most catalogs are quite specific about their kits (of any kind) with an additional breakdown of the prices on popular options (3rd member, steering box, chromed packages, etc).

Call 'em

dj

3. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

4. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I think that is "Complete Chassis" not a roller. Roller seems much more expensive at $8000 for the 34 Ford

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It appears that I need to get my chassis jig out of storage....

7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That's just the frame, no axles

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Axles are pictured?

9. dannyego

dannyego

In the catalog I got it said pic your suspension and components. Starting at $3699. I was also understanding a chasis is frame with axles and suspension etc...

10. The title of the item linked to says pretty clearly "Stage 1", which usually means a bare frame with box plates and crossmembers welded in. No suspension stuff. Don't expect something for nothing.

11. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

It gets confusing when you read their overview:

Custom-build your street rod from the ground up with one of these Lucky 7 Enterprises complete chassis kits. They are available in a wide variety of configurations and styles to suit your specific needs. The kits are custom-built to order--you choose the parts, suspension style, brake type, steering system, and axle design to build your dream rolling chassis. The Lucky 7 Enterprises complete chassis kits are available in three basic designs: 1932 Ford, 1933-34 Ford, and 1935-40 Ford. Please call us at 1-800-230-3030 for more information on pricing and how to custom-build your specific rolling chassis design.

12. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

They shouldn't use a generic description and photos for all versions!!
    The Stage 1 photos shows axles and suspension!

13. damnfingers

damnfingers

I'm sure they'll straighten you out when you call to order it....

14. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

Of course they will!!!

15. badshifter

badshifter

No, the first pic has just a frame highlighted. The subsequent pics clearly read: "Image is a representation of this part. Actual part may vary."
    Right on top of the picture. [​IMG]

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe Rich nailed it as usual.
    The whole breakdown on the frames.
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/...terprises-Complete-Chassis-Kits/?autoview=SKU

For comparison a Speedway 32 frame is 4299.99 for a competitive frame.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1932-Ford-Frame-Assembly,3437.html

We have a few HAMB member Chassis shop owners who can build a hell of a frame for a better price (one quoted a price to me). When you get up into the complete rolling chassis though a guy would have to do some serious research before deciding.