Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help identifying camshaft

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mysteryman, Apr 30, 2011.

1. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

i picked up a camshaft at a garage sale.owner had no idea of make or specs.on the end of the shaft there is a UD NF 43/NF 26
    F 6
    C7742
    HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY WILL RECOGNIZE MARKINGS THANKS

2. I think at one time there was a cam company called Ultra Dyne if I remember right...but then again I have bumped my head alot over the years....

3. Ultradyne cams are now Bullet cams. their parts numbers do not match yours.
    Comp and Clay Smith cam numbers do not match.
    NOW, show an image of the camshaft including all markings and the front end.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well, sorta. Ultradyne was Harold Brookshire, when Ultradyne folded, Bullet got the old Ultradyne profiles, the also have their own profiles. Harold went to work for Lunati, now hes out on his own again, operating under his own name.

5. olpaul

olpaul

Take it to your local machine shop, and they can put it on a lathe centers and index it for you. They can tell you the lift and duration.

6. But he does not know what it fits.....lets see some pics.