Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures "A Sweet Sickness: The Flathead Movie"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie Hot Rod, Apr 11, 2011.

1. MBog

MBog

Very cool can't wait for summer...

2. Brewton

Brewton

Cool.... I look forward to adding this one to my collection!

3. Brewton

Brewton

Nope, the music is fine! I guess it depends on your age as to what you consider "hotrod" music to be. I like it all.... '50s, surf, punk, blues, rock...
    it's all "hotrod" music to me.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Brian doesn't make these films to make millions off of. He makes them as a creative outlet to something that he's incredibly passionate about which is Hot Rods. So with that being said, he wants everyone to enjoy his films but at the same time he doesn't want to compromise his vision for what the film is conveying. The music gives the energy that he feels these old cars contain as well as support a different outlet that has afforded him to enjoy hot rods like he said.

I for one think the music is rad and it's a nice change from the monotony.

Also, Carrol's '32 is just about perfect. I must have rewound and played the part with his coupe 25 times.....love it!!!

5. brady1929

brady1929

6. fonti

fonti

very cool...is "summer" before August? I'd love to have a copy and shirts. Will be in CT in August so you don't have to ship the stuff overseas...

7. looking forward to it

8. revjimk

revjimk
    from Denver

"Am I the only one that thinks the music should be on the cutting room floor...?"
    No. I don't like it either, would prefer oldies rock or something from that time period... but I'm just an old fart... Out here in Colorado some kids try to pass off their music as "rockabilly" when its really punk.... yuck!
    Other than that, movie looks great!

9. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Brian, any chance you will make a european version/zone?

Taildragger&fenderless

10. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I make all of my movies region free so anyone, anywhere can enjoy them.

11. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

cant wait to check it out...thanks for the tease.

12. Damn fine, including the music. :D

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Looks like a hit to me! Can't wait to see it, you've got all my Flattie favorites!

14. Good Stuff, in the final stages of getting my flathead project on the road. Awesome title, Always loved the look and sound of the flathead, now to be able to own one myself just completes the package.

15. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Oh dang! Very cool flick you got there.

16. kisam

kisam

Looking forward to it!

17. Very nice Brian!

There's a simple solution if you don't like the music.....it's called the volume button.....

18. slick a&t

slick a&t

Awesome!. I'm also looking forward to it.

19. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Great teaser - anything that promotes real hot rodding is a worthy effort. Thanks for your vision and efforts.

I don't like the music either (seems too punk-a-billy) but I always assume that if I don't like it, it must be "the shit" for the up and coming rodders. I'd go with some old scratchy Howlin' Wolf tunes, but - go ahead on. It's your show.

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I dunno Fritz, I love Howlin' Wolf but I just can't see it 'fitting' into one of Brian's movies...

I guess it all depends on what you grow'd up with :p. I think it's really cool he's mixing both of his passions in life when he creates these movies, and the fact that he's helping out his friends at the same time is really cool and reflects the DIY attitude he clearly has.

I'll get off my soap box now gentlemen :)

21. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Hey Brian,

Trailer looks great as usual, and from what I've heard of the rest of the film, it's gonna be one not to miss!

22. I just had to watch this again this morning to jump start my day! Can't wait for the release of this film...

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I want an update in the S.Co.T blower Vern!!! I hope Brian is including some footage of your car with even just a few seconds of nothing but that sweet sweet whine of your engine rumbling down Burbank!!!

Love that your car keeps evolving and that you keep working on it over a long period of time. It really is your car and that's going to go down in the books right next to Pierson and SoCal buddy.

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is going to RULE! Great teaser! I will definitely be pickin' up a copy of this!

25. Will look forward to the release. Looks great.

26. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Just wanted to give everyone a sneak peek of the poster/ cover art for "A Sweet Sickness". . . it was designed by fellow HAMB Member Jeffery James, and I think it looks great.

I'm really excited about this one!

[​IMG]

27. bjinatj

bjinatj

Looks great!! Can't wait to see it..

28. Stone

Stone

I was watching the trailer thnking this rules. Then I thought hey wait that's the Boss. And then bamb full frontal facial shot of the Boss. lol.

29. StrickV8

StrickV8

Right up my alley. I'll be ordering one.

30. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Jeffery, thanks for the high praise on my '34, those are some overwhelming compliments.

Also nice job on the poster / cover art, looks great! But you do have to learn to spell my name correctly... ;)