Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodder's Journal- Every Single issue!!- SCORE!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sutton Speed, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Could easily have been an "estate" sale.
    Or a "pissed off wife" sale ..

2. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

hahah , yeah Clive ,I could see than happening, or Kids maybe ? Thats why you should be prepared when the shit hits the fan.:p

3. nolly

nolly

She's your fiance AND your financier,it seems!!;) Good score on both counts!! Ya lucky bastard!!!:p

4. striper

striper

Great score. This is the only bit I don't get. If you're going to forget about 'em you may as well turn them over and make a profit. These are reference books to be put on the shelf for easy access and to be referred to often.

5. havi

havi

Estate sale was my thought too, but didn't mention it. I've seen firsthand with my grandparents' passing....my uncles opened the garbage bags and just start chucking everything in. I managed to pull the Foxfire books out before the garbage man came.

6. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I agree. Good score. I bought issue 1 on ebay for $100.

7. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Tell me about it that's the crazy part... They guy at the bookstore told her that they were dropped off about two hours earlier and that they were planning to look into them to see what they were worth. Luckily she beat them to it.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! Timing is everything!

9. any tips on training our bargain shoppers ?

like .....
    i'll marry you when the hot rod is runnin and painted

that a small wedding and road trip to the HAMB DRAGS with the hotrod will be the best

her garage stall is full of non running cars and asst parts

the living room has the whitewall tires and FRESH PAINTED wheels

the bedroom dresser has the assembled intake and polished valvecovers

home speed dial is napa then her #

crapper has stacks of car rags with articles bookmarked by greasy fingerprints

daily mail is mostly car magazines and show fliers.

weekend mornings draggin thier sleepy butts to swapmeets and shows.
    ... carrying stuff to the car is a good thing so you can get thru the swap "quicker a second time"

that holding stuff steady with eyes closed while you weld is good for her skin tone

telling her the diff between 31 and 32 ford parts over and over

constant "c'mere honey look at this on the HAMB!"

telling her how hot she looks in your car t-shirts old or new

answering the phone inquiries with"he's in the garage" without a bad tone of voice

having your greasy hand prints on her newclothes in awkward to explain places is "sweet"

that sitting in the cold/ hot garage is better than being with anybody else

10. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

You're livin' large my friend!! You two also have good taste in furniture.

11. gosh;)
    if that was a consignment shop .... check for a murdered clerk at that location this week ...:eek:....:eek:....:rolleyes:

hope it was not a down on his luck HAMBER TRYING TO FINISH HIS ROD DURING THESE HARD TIMES..with "I'LL SELL THESE FEW THINGS OF VALUE .. AND GET IT DONE ...AND MAKE THE HOUSE PAYMENT "

12. sololobo

sololobo

What a super gal she is, not only beautiful, but lookin out for her hot rod man. What more could a guy ask for!! Congrats on the g.f. and a nice score on the mags. Sure the mags are worth some good money, but the women is worth millions!! ~sololobo~

13. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Brilliant, well done that girl .I love a story with a happy ending :)

14. Uhmmm did you pay her and tip her?

15. See........the deals are still ut there. I bought the April 1957 Life (Hot Rod Cover) at an antique store for 5 bucks. I would have rather scored TRJ though.

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

When you fall into a spare #4
    contact me please

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

You better marry her!!!! Nice score.

18. verde742

verde742

My buddies didn't want me to get married again, I told him; Ask her about a '58 El Camino, she "said , ah, they didn't make them the till '59, then he ask her if '33 and '34 Vicky's were the same, she said O no, 34's had trunks, " So he said MARRY HER!' best thing I ever did in my life.

I have 1-50 Rodder's Journal, several duplicates, ALL PERFECT, $1500.00 FIRM, PLUS SHIPPING. call Bob 602-617-3559 Gilbert, Az.

19. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Your fiance rules!

20. Living in Orange, what bookstore was it? I wanna go see if they have any other cool stuff! Seriously

as for the TRJ's I have them all too - paid more like $650.00 for them, by subscription over the years :D

21. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I'll give you your $40 back for the duplicates 25-50!!! :D

22. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Why is #14 so much?

23. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

I have every issue too, plus several duplicates. What's the deal with the #14? Why does it sell consistantly for big bucks?

I'm flipping through #14 now, and fantastic as usual, but not any better than all the others. What am I missing?

24. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Since TRJ's gain in value, I would either place wax paper between issues or seal them in freezer bags when you are done reading them. You don't want to come back to them in a number of years and find all the covers stuck to each other. Good score and wonderful lady. You are twice lucky!

25. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

What I meant by this is that they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I've studies every single page of the issues I do have countless times and I'm am excited to do the same with the back issues I've never read. Don't plan to forget about em just don't have any plans to sell them.

Getting married in about 3 weeks, April 16th. Plan to drive away from the wedding in my '31 Model a Coupe I've spent the last few years building.

I am blessed beyond belief to have a girl that understands my obsession with Hot Rods. And believe me, a nice dinner and a spa day are definitely in order for her!

26. chevy3755

chevy3755

you better take care of that girl.................lucky you

27. trestles126

trestles126

28. Racewriter

Racewriter

I bet hot rodders are more prone to "pissed off wife sales" than other demographics....

29. Toptinman

Toptinman

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that there was some kind of distribution issue with #14 and that it only went out to subscribers and didn't hit the shelves. That's what makes #14 more rare than the other issues. Or something to that effect.

30. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

marry this woman tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!