Register now to get rid of these ads!

new truck need opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alv, Mar 18, 2011.

1. alv

alv
    from jackson,NJ

i have been on this site for awile buying and selling and posting answers to questions but first time i have put one of my buil;ds on here. i have built a few rods and antiques [37 fordor sedan rod, 37 phaeton stock, 32 highboy, 34 sedan rod, 56 chevy custom and a few more] but this is my first rod truck. want to grt some opinions on how it looks so far, home built chassis 2x4 tubing, v8 winters quickchange, pretty much a race car front end, and a 1937 ford pickup body. i don't think i'm going to chop it like i planned because i think it looks good like it is. what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      515.2 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      560.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      516.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      554.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      531.6 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      569.5 KB
      Views:
  2. I figure you really don't want anyone's opinion unless you really got a think skin.

I like the wide 5s and ths sprint car hubs. The sheet metal looks good and solid.

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

About as good as a bobber truck can look I suppose.

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Bet the guys over at www.KilBilet.com would love it. Here? Well, its your truck, not much traditional going on there. Don't feel too bad, there isn't much traditional stuff going on with my stuff either, but I'm sure not going to ask what these guys think. Gene

5. I'd ditch the ifs and I hope you have some thing killer in mind for the grill/hood dept.

6. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

where is the rest of it ? i hope the fenders, bed and boards are in the garage !

7. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I'm biting my lip so hard it's bleeding

Paul

8. slobroy

slobroy

Cut that monstrosity of a front end off and straight axle it...Just remember you asked!

9. co_sniper

co_sniper
    from ohio

nice start to a cool street truck hemi it and a bob bed too cool

10. alv

alv
    from jackson,NJ

wanted to run the autocross at the goodguys shows hence the independent front end.

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

The problem with that is, this is a traditional hot rods and customs board, and you're truck isn't traditional.

I respect performance-oriented builds, but as far as aesthetics go it does nothing for me.

12. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

put it on an original frame and give it a full sized bed. make sure to find fenders for it.

13. not my taste but can appreciate the craftsmanship

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  14. Gator

Gator

My opinion? Ugh.

Yeah, you can't autocross with a traditional hot rod...

[​IMG]

15. ScottV

ScottV

My opinion is that it's horrible and you should just give up ...

... I'll tell you what I'll do for you, I'm a pretty decent guy so I will come and haul it away for you. Heck I won't even charge you anything !!!
    I have an Aunt in Jackson so I'll pick it up and visit her !!! :p

16. Hmmmm!:eek:

17. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

What was the question ?
    STAY AWAY FROM THE FLAMES.

18. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Oh, good.....another stupid looking bobber truck......not at all traditional.......belongs on some other board.....

You asked.....

CB

19. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

I'm not a traditionalist, heck...I'm not even a nowist, but I do agree that you need to replace the front end with a dropped axle...but guys, just remember that the heading of the site says "traditional rods and CUSTOMS"....I think that falls into the customs category. Iagree, if you need to get rid of it to start on the right kind of rod....I'd be happy to take it off your hands, you know for the betterment of the traditionalist and keep them off your back.

20. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

It is quite a fad right now so lots of people must like the look. I personally do not like the back tires right behind the cab and the front stretched out. They just look all out of proportion to me, "bobber" or whatever you call them. I call 'em cartoon trucks.
    I have friends building those things, so I'm not a hater, just not to my taste.

21. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

You may want to check the size of your four-link arms and brackets. Don't underestimate the loads created during hard cornering. And if you keep the front suspension, hide it under some fenders.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  22. HotRod33

HotRod33

I am not a fan of real short beds.............. looks like you are trying to make a T-bucket...... the front end is going to look out of place.... frame would look better z'ed right in front of the cab then the way it sweeps up...... looks like a nice cab...... not knocking your craftsmanship on the build just not a fan of the look it has.....

23. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It needs to look more like a truck and not a T bucket with a full size bed and fenders.

24. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

yours actually has real nice lines and is fine as it sits. i like yours!

25. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Are you freaking kidding me? You obviously have no idea what a "custom" is.

That is the most ignorant thing I've heard in a long while. Get an education.

26. Just bustin balls, :eek:

27. bgaro

bgaro

well.... the front suspension doesnt really work like most have said. as a rule of thumb ifs really should be run with fenders, fenderless is best with a straight axle. also i feel like you gotta push that cab forward a bit. get more bed and less stretch on the front (for the sake of proportion).

28. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

The ifs looks "out of place" (unless you cover it with fenders), a straight axle would look better (having the rotors that far out in the breeze really looks weired), or better yet take some of the Z out of the front, and use a drop axle. Slide the cab forward about 9", it will look a whole lot better.

29. inlinr6

inlinr6

I like it!wide fives are cool.If anything I would do is nix the red rims.let see some progress pics!

30. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Its not cool unless you order a chrome axel.