Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torque Thrust Central

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cheap1, Feb 16, 2011.

1. cheap1

cheap1

Is anyone running wheels from Torque Thrust Central? I'm considering putting them on the front of the Biscayne. Basically, he takes the modern TTO and machines them to look just like the original Torque Thrust from the sixties. They look really nice on the website I was just wondering if they look that good in person.

http://torquethrustcentral.com/

2. Weasel

Weasel

You might want to check before you decide to buy - I have heard of a problem or two with Terry, although he always used to be great for sales and service. He does not take the TTO and machine it as far as I know, all his wheels are originals and the finish is absolutely top notch. As an alternative Vintage Wheel Works make wheels in many different sizes that are almost indistinguishable from the real deal - you would probably be looking for the Vintage 40 with the staright spokes or the Vintage 45 which looks like the original Torq Thrust D - the D stands for disc brakes:

www.vintagewheelworks.com

3. cheap1

cheap1

I actually looked at Vintage wheel works, but they don't offer a 15x5 that I need for the front. In fact, I haven't been able to find anyone that offers a 5 inch rim in this style.

4. SAM3 Customs

SAM3 Customs
    from Michigan

James at Weldcraft Wheels in Livonia, MI can narrow wheels for you if you find a front spacing that works for you. I've had them widen several pair of wheels for me, always with great results.

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/index.html

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a Thread on Terry and torquethrustcentral a year or so ago. I think the gist of it was that while his work is top notch he has sometimes had life get in the way in the past couple of years. As his website says, it's a one man show and when the one man isn't out in the shop working on wheels nothing gets done. But he may have a set sitting on the shelf ready to go and be able to ship them right out. It never hurts to ask.

6. cheap1

cheap1

I've contacted him through email, and he did say that his wife was really ill so maybe that's why he kinda let the bussiness end of things go.

7. Buckster

Buckster

I checked awhile back & Team 3 Wheels has a 15X5 in their ET Classic Five Group. The back spacing was 2-3/4" to 3". It is a one piece casting.

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I just bought American TTO's 15 x 5.