Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Torque Fest 2011 - April 29-30th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 27, 2010.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

I reserved a room for Friday night in Eldridge, about 20 miles south, everything else was booked, or so they told me. Will be our first time to Torquefest, looking forward to it. My birthday is April 27, and my son is April 28, so this is our gift to ourselves.

2. yup, plenty of on-site camping...check the website or contact John for details.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  3. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is a 70 acre fairgrounds we can always find room somewhere to camp.

4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

5. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

6. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I can't wait I hate I missed it last year

7. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

You won't be disappointed, tons of cool iron and even more cool people. John puts on a great show.

I'm still debating on bringing my Galaxie, it would be fun to take her on the dirt track.

8. Bring it on up, I have some spare FE parts if you get carried away on the dirt!

Brad

9. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For those still looking for motels there is a Super 8 in Dewitt (next town south) and two little old style motels.
    Westwind Motel 563 659 3291
    Winsther Motel 563 659 3249
    Super 8 563 659 8888

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Thanks Doug!!! Everyone should give Doug a big thanks if you dig this location - HE is the one that was was telling me to come to Maquoketa!

11. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For all the romantic types, remember there are a lot of B&Bs in the area too.

12. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

I'm bringin the Triumph To the shin dig but I've got a few of the Central IL crew bringing their Hot Rods.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  13. THANKS, DOUG!..........you picked a great location for this show; hope it's there for years to come.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I hope that all the hot rod guys will appreciate the bikes like CrageKrage are bringing to the show........
    I have always been a fan of motorcycles. I was riding a Yamaha 80cc at the age of 6.
    Rode til I was about 18......
    The spirit of the guys at DicE, Cycle Source, Limpnickie Lot are all about independent building and riding. I welcome them with open arms and hope that people in the hot rod community will realize that these guys are not the stereotypical leather clad Harley riders. These are guys that are riding their bikes to the event just as we are driving our cars to the event.
    These are guys that are building their own rides just like many on the HAMB do as well.

There have been some that have approached me - warning about having "that element" at our show. I am not sure about what element people are referring to........but the baggers will be parked outside along with the street rods and muscle cars in a special parking area right by the entry gate. If you dont dig these bikes - dont look at em.....but if you ahve never taken the time to actually look - and talk to some of the guys that build these things in their garage......I think you will find that we all have a LOT in common.

Thanks for bringing that bike up CraigKrage and if anyone has any questions about the bikes - there is a section on the Torque Fest site and you can also go to www.halffastchicago.com
    Those guys are stepping up again this year to be in charge of the bike entry. They are all really good guys and I look forward to their cooperation over the next years.

15. ...here's a few shots of the Jackson Cty. Fairgrounds for you guys who've never been there...
    it's a very nice place...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

dont forget about the Drive In! One of the oldest surviving drive-ins in Eastern Iowa!!!
    what will we show?
    American Graffiti and Two Lane Blacktop![​IMG]

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

we are going to park all over the 70 acres of the Jackson County Fairgrounds........
    I will be parking my car in front of the grandstand........how about you?
    [​IMG]

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Where will the bands play?
    glad you asked......
    [​IMG]

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

There are some residents that live on the fairgrounds and we are to not disturb them.........they are the four legged variety.

[​IMG]

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

23. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I can't wait I still hate I missed last year

24. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ~ All we ask is to commit to working a 2 hour shift.....for those who have already signed up - THANK YOU and we will be in touch first of April...for the rest of you, following the links and get signed up ~ you get a free t-shirt too.

25. Just make sure to get the car info of the volunteers, last year I volunteered and brought my car but didnt have any paperwork for the car, Still worked the show and had a blast, cant wait to do it again.

Brad

26. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I seriously hope there are still campsites available-anyone know? Web site for fair grounds states 60 of them there. That sounds very low!

27. Whoo hoo!!!! The show of shows is coming up, in just a coupla months!!!
    This Year is gonna be great!!!!!!!!!!

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

YES!!! Be sure to include your car info with your volunteer info! If you have not done so - please email me and I will forward it on to Deb.
    THANKS

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

And yes - there are still camping spots available.....
    the 60 spots are for the giant RV's.......
    I think the fairgrounds may charge them double or something - I honestly dont know........
    but there are a LOT more than 60 spaces for "normal" cars with tents etc.

Also - I think (not 100%) they are putting in a temp shower stall for everyone in the campgrounds.

Again - call the fairgrounds to confirm all this.

30. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob