Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Torque Fest 2011 - April 29-30th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 27, 2010.

1. Bob I'm with you on this! I have enough junk sitting around my place already. Besides theres going to be a swapmeet there at the show anyways. I'm sure there won't be NONE of the above listed stuff at this show. Beside I bet everybody would rather come to the show instead of Jefferson! We'll see ya there!

2. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about hitting the Jefferson swap on Friday and then head southwest to the Torque Fest in Maquoketa on Friday night or Saturday? John has a good thing going with the Torque Fest and if we don't support it we will lose it. Our hot rod & custom community needs to support events like these so that they will be around for many years.

More importantly, Hannah will need help for years to come and that is more important than a swap or a show. But by supporting the Torque Fest swap & show AND supporting a fellow hot rodder's kid in need, it is a win-win for everyone.

3. Exactly!!!!!

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I plan to go to Jefferson on Friday to buy some big dirty greasy engines and hang out with my WI pals (who oddly can be described the same way) and then head to Torque Fest. It will all work out just fine.

5. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Thanks for the support .......
    I really do think we will have a unique event at Torque Fest.

And we really need to have this year to succeed, otherwise it may just be one of those things that were a good idea - but never got off the ground.

We lost a lot of money last year and we need to at least break even this year.......
    in this economy - that will be considered a success.

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Even Omaha! Only two people preregistered and the other guy knew he couldn`t make the event. Just wanted help out the event.

7. We're there! One question(or two), for those that might camp are there showers that people can use and is there a limit to the number of campsites?

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

YES - there are 4 showers on site.......as for the max number of campsites- I have no clue - I would assume that there are no restrictions.....but I am not in charge of that - the fairgrounds are in charge of the camping - so you would have to contact them at

563) 652-4282

9. Great, thanks for the info.

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Keven Carter came up with the design for the music section of the show........
    killer graphics as usual.

I now expect greatness from the guy......................he comes through everytime!

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Wanted to let everyone know that the reason we have the Torque Fest is to pay medical bills as well as help other families that have gone through similar circumstances.

I know some may think this exploitive, but after talking to many other national, local, and regional non profit coordinators (including the American Heart Association) we have to tell the public about our cause every chance we get........and it is not everyday that a nationally broadcast radio program does a segment about your cause......

so - here ya go - the audio is more expressive and relays the drama of the situation a bit more than the text.

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/13/131968225/stitch-in-time-fixing-a-heart-defect-before-birth

And I know there are people that do not like National Public Radio - but please let's keep that topic OFF of this board.
    THANKS

13. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

We mentioned the volenteering for 2010 TF in our Chritmas letter.

And We'll do it again in 2011.

Jeff

14. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Please bless John with your attendace or support for this great event. Too many times we have car shows that collect money for a cause that we barely even know of - we all know JOHN - He is one the most "stand up" guys I've ever met. I assure you that if you come and help this cause your heart will become more healthy, too. You will feel as though you've helped make life better for a child. -- sincerely LiL NiCk

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Merry Christmas to all the people that have supported us over this past year in getting the 2010 show up and running and all those that came out to support the cause. I think we will have even more fun in the new year.
    Merry Christmas and I hope everyone realizes that we truly appreciate the volunteers and attendees alike.

Other announcements will be coming up in the middle of Jan.

Seeya April 29!
    Maquoketa IA

www.vintagetorquefest.com

16. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Merry Christmas to John, and to all a great show. Now dash away dash away preregister all.

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I have been getting more and more emails/phone calls about the Route 61 drive in........
    the deal is -
    if you want to GUARANTEE a spot in the drive in on Saturday night - you HAVE to pre register or volunteer.

This drive in only holds 300 cars..........
    we are right at 50 pre registrations.

So there is no panic yet - but I just want it to be very clear that if you intend to show up at the drive in and you are not pre registered........
    well - you may not get in if you arrive too late.

Also - we are in talks with the drive in about the possibility of Friday night..........
    I will let you know how this turns out.

IF (and this is a big if) it turns out that we get the drive in on Friday night as well - we will open it to ALL classic cars. This way my buddy that has the '65 corvette and another guy I know with a Shelby Mustang can actually go watch Two Lane Blacktop at the drive in on Friday..........
    we will see what is up in the next couple of weeks.

Most likely will sell advance tickets for this as well - so that way we will not have a crush of people showing up.

The tix would be $5 per person and would get you into Torque Fest on Friday as well.....so
    you could come to Torque Fest during the day on Friday then in the evening watch some vintage racing and if you dont dig the psychobilly bands, then when it gets dark, go over to the drive in with your 72 Camaro and watch the movie. Good times..........................

Lets hope this all pans out cause I have a lot of people that have been buggin me about this.

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Hey - Go buy the latest issue of Traditional Rod and Kulture! Not only is a great issue - it has coverage from Vintage Torque Fest 2010! THANKS to Zombie and Mongo for the amazing feature - we are truly grateful.[​IMG]

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Anyone in the area that wants to ask questions, pre register, have a good time.....
    come out to the Pre Party that we are having in conjuntion with the Quad Cities Hot Rod Show in Rock Island at the QCCA
    NORTH HALL
    bands, vintage drag racing on the big screen, and other cool stuff

7000 sq ft of some cool rides - already have a '31 ford in the hall....probably have about 7 more show up - probably have some cars invade the shiny hall as well.................
    some vintage motorcycles as well

Seeya there

22. Will be leaving in the morning to meet up with you there!

23. Just a heads up, the hotels are almost full for friday nite, but most said they still have rooms for saturday nite. I plan on staying just friday nite, but I might wish I was on saturday as well.
    Brad

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  24. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is also a Super 8 in Dewitt which is only 17 miles away

25. justabeater,...how ya comin on yer 37 Chev?

26. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I'll be there with my 59 Chevy. Just sent in my pre-registration, and reserved a room. Can't wait to see "Two Lane Blacktop" and "American Grafitti" at the drive-in.

27. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Sam, I am gaining slowly. It will be there under its own power or not though. Later Doug

Attached Files:

• 027.JPG
      027.JPG
      File size:
      44.5 KB
      Views:
  28. Doug, that thing is lookin pretty neat, sure sits nice,..be lookin forward to seein it.
    ...I mite bring my coupe this year...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

VENDORS that will be at Torque Fest. I need you to email me!!! I am finalizing placement of each booth and will need to know your Official name for the program and contact info that will be published. If you do not confirm- you may lose your spot!!!! Vendor Waiting list is very long......

30. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

john excuse me for asking but will there be camping on site again ? i looked briefly but didnt see