Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone useing Never Dull?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INVISIBLEKID, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I haven't in 20+ years,but thought I would since I heard it brought up the other day....Your results? Thanks.

2. pastlane

pastlane

Started using it probably 20 years ago & still like it a lot.

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Never Dull, they handed it out like candy at MCRD!

Attached Files:

4. yes, works great. have been using it for years.

5. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

you read my mind. . the smell is forever ingrained into my soul.. thanks USMC!

6. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Good stuff, I too have been using it for over twenty years. I use it for everything not just automotive stuff. I've got a least two tins of it in the garage right now.

Just remember to wear some gloves if you don't want your hands turning black.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  7. fatkoop

fatkoop

Been using it since I was in the USAF in the '60's. I've never found anything that works better.

8. Dirk35

Dirk35

Havent used it on anything but car parts since they invented Stay-Brite for the uniform buttons and do-dads. But it still works just like it used too, it and the old Brasso I had in the cabnit just a few months ago on a peice of Hood Stainless.

9. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Greatest thing since sliced bread!

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Cotton soaked in Mineral Spirits and a little Kerosene.
    Basically the main ingrediants that are in car polishes.

Cob

11. encswsm

encswsm

I used that crap by the pound in the Navy... It was the greatest for polishing brass.. I remember polishing brass till my fingers felt like falling off and were black as night.. whatever was shined sure looked pretty and I always wanted to kill the first Squid that touched it and left greasy fingerprints on the item...

12. Yup, Eagle One makes it now, can get it at that evil big box store for about 4 smackers a can.

Works just as good as the 50 year old can my granddad handed down to me.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TJJ

13. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Where can I buy it ?

Retro Jim

14. felix37

felix37

I have seen it at wal-mart.

15. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

I've been using it sence 1968 at Fort Dix, NJ. still works.

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I've got a can of it I've had since about '95 or so. The can is rusted to hell, but the stuff still works great.

17. Used it in the on the the old slots in the 80's. Great stuff.

18. Ive had/got ceramic coated valve covers and this stuff will make them look shiney like chrome..........Ive been using it forever .(USN-USNSCC)...welll maybe 30+ years....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  19. Army here, Brasso and NevrDull. Yup the smell sticks with you. Got a can in teh cabinet as we speak!

20. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Great stuff! Been using it for over 20 years.

21. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Never dull is good stuff, don't get me wrong. I still have a can too. I think it is older than anything that was invented that could be polished. BUT...of course there is always a new kid on the block that comes up with something better.....NUVITE. That stuff comes in different grades. A courser grade to start on some really tough dulled stuff, then it works into another grade, almost like polishing compound. Then there is the final for the super polishing. A little dab goes a long way with that stuff. I just finished using it to polish my airplane last summer, and it looks like a mirror.

The there is the WENOL stuff. The red tube for the the courser work, good for chrome. The Blue tube is a softer grade. It's good for chrome, stainless steel and aluminum. I've had some good success with this stuff too. Again, just a little dab goes a long way. And yes with either the NUVITE or the WENOL, you're going to get black hands unless you wear some old cotton gloves you can throw away afterwards.

Always ask your family members for some old flannel clothing, they are through with. But be sure to take off the buttons. The flannel is the best stuff I've found for buffing.

AND...another little trick of using any of the stuff, but especially the Never Dull, and that is to put a little flour on a rag and buff over what you think you just got all the black off of. The flour will get off any left over black residue, but leave the shine.

HellRaiser

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Squid? I thought we were Anchor Clankers! :D The first thing I thought of when seeing the subject line was shining the belt buckles on my dress blues, then remembered all the brass on the Quarterdeck that the guys had to shine every watch. Haha! Anyone who has been in the military has plenty of experience with Nevr Dull. Good stuff for sure, especially applied with a liberal dose of elbow grease.

23. Been using it since my first car in '86

24. H.R.charlie

H.R.charlie

Great stuff.I've used it to get ink pen marks off leather seats.Also used it to get battery acid marks off paint.Great for cleaning engined turned dashes.

25. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

2 of the smells i brought back from my navy days, nevrdull and the greasy steamy smell of cats and arresting gear.....

26. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i've used it for years to polish brass fittings on my horse's show bridles. works wonders. love that stuff!

27. In the Fire Dept. in the USAF... LOTS of brass and chrome and stainless on those big "Crash" trucks... Used to get it in 1 gallon (I think) tubs there, back in 1970-1974 -still use it. I have some old aluminum wheels (Raders) on my 57 VW... aluminum technology wasn't what it is now, they will dull out quickly, Never-Dull is what I have been using, like it better than anything else out there, gotten used to the smell after 40 years...

28. I've been using it since I was in the USAF ('81-'90). My first indoctrination to it was in Basic Training. I was the "Chrome Guy", who's job was to shine anything in the dorm that was polished (water fountains, threshold strips, door knobs, latches, etc.).

It still works great, and yes, the smell is something that brings back many memories.

29. sgnova72

sgnova72

Been using it on my car for years. Didn't know it would do some of the other things you guys said, I'll be testing it out for other uses. Thanks

30. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

always thought of never dull as never shiny either... i've been really happy w/ autosol...it works great w/ 0000 steel wool for cleaning and polishing, and buffs out beyond what i've experienced w/ neverdull... i've tried autosol side by side w/ never dull on aluminum, and i found never dull to be hazy in comparison... also had better protection against water spots/staining w/ autosol on aluminum...