Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday models, 2/6/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Feb 6, 2011.

1. From the CPMCC meeting yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

This time not a finshed model. This a project of '37 Ford with tracks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow made out of Woodland Scenic Snow powder.

Stay tuned

3. Current works in progress:

The 41 Plymouth is slowly but surely progressing.
    Found the 1:16 scale AMT 55 Chevy when I was cleaning out the closet in the spare room. So far I just checked to make sure everything is still there, re-read the instruction sheet, and sanded down all the glue oozing out of the seam on the rear end. I think I started this one about 10 years ago.
    Hopefully it will be done before another 10 years roll by.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

ebay pics 1118.jpg heres one I should be finished by next week .....

5. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

I didn't know a 1/12th scale 55 existed. Where'd you get it? wojojo? Just curious.

6. Slim Louis

Slim Louis

Let me recap what we have here. AMT kit,chopped the A-pillar, rear portion of a Revell 65 Mustang grafted to a front steer AMT NASCAR front clip, scratch shocks, cage bars, etc. Slotted wheels from the Slammer kit, tires OOB NASCAR, detailing paint from Fred, check it out, Detail Master, water soluble wash, very cool! Smal;ll Ford motor, paint by tamiya, decals by me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Liknk to the build:
    http://public.fotki.com/slimlouis/late-model-sportsmen/73-mustang-cbp/

7. Slim Louis

Slim Louis

I think this was my first NASCAR chassis, I know it was my first homemade hood (and last :lol: ) as all I had for this build was a body. I like how it came out, real short track, back yard engineering! Don't know what inspired the color combo, too long ago, but it has grown on me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Link to the album:
    http://public.fotki.com/slimlouis/late-model-sportsmen/76-nova-no-8/

8. Slim Louis

Slim Louis

Thought I would post (or repost, really can"t remember) This full fendered modified camaro. Based loosely on the NASCAR long track, and 70 series modifieds, just having a little fun with this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

I'll toss in this week. Building a Peterbilt log truck. A little scratch building for the stinger but the rest is normal.

Work on the stinger.................

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

his is today........

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

It'll level out. It's just loose in the tube................

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Just layed the cab and hood on for looks. Still needs the cab guard and trailer reach.

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Mike

10. I'm sure he meant 1/16th scale. It's an old AMT kit.

11. oops, sorry.....Lyle is correct, it's 1:16 not 1:12

Attached Files:

12. Pscott

Pscott

57 Chevy Jr Stocker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THANKS to Rich B. and the guys who have contributed to the NHRA junior stock thread, a gold mine of reference material :cool:

13. Pharouh

Pharouh

Here's mine for this week. A Revell 37 Ford panel truck that's seen better days. I used Rustall and pastel chalk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Wow, great stuff crew.... Love the '57 Pscott! The CPMCC coverage is inspiring.

Posted this a long time ago. It was inspired by a truck built at Coddington's shop on that TV show of his, (hope to get some good Bi-ply tires for it some time as these are too wide for my liking)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple I've cobbled together. The roadster was made from the 3window coupe
    from Revel using left overs and a hand crafted frame. I'll post more on it some time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one began life as an old MONOGRAM non-hot rod rumble seat 5 window coupe. Then I saw American Graphitti for the first time. It was my first chop top, done in about 1981, and has been an ongoing project that is finally nearing completion. This is the car I used the Chassis form the 3 window kit on. The new Revell '32 5 window is donating it's louvered parts to the project and , if I don't use this Caddy mill, the HEMI as well... (I need to get better shots of it.)

[​IMG]

15. SS350Sport

SS350Sport
    from Utah

[​IMG]

That is the best I have seen that body style look. Never have liked that style of Mustang. This one looks killer.

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Very nice !

17. Man, nice stuff today, you guys are rite on it this AM....all very nice, specially that 37 panel and that 57 Jr. stocker. here's an in progress 55 Chev 4X4 I'm workin on...

[​IMG]

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Slim,
    I've lost my link to your model race car web site. Still running it? Please post it here. Thanx, Gary

19. 21tat

21tat

Really cool stuff here! Thanks guys.

20. Damn;excellent contributions this week! You keep enticing me to try it again.

21. r_bryant

r_bryant

Nice builds! Here's a Willys Gasser, Revell kit, Decals by SMBC, used a small block injected Olds motor with plug wires/looms, seat harness, and swapped the wheels. Scratchbuilt clear Hood Scoop and tinted windows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Church Key

Church Key

WOW !! This thread gets better each week... I will post some more of my older builds later today.

23. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Excellent work! Especially the '47 Panel...

Looking for an AMT kit of a 60 Chevy Wagon called "Bad News" Any info appreciated.

Larry

24. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

My 1/18th scale cars are not as detailed as most of yours but I sure enjoy lowering and other slight customizing I do to them, my eyes and hands aren't like they use to be!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

25. gbk

gbk

Boy, a bumper crop of stunners this week! Glad to see more stuff from Slim Louis. I agree, the stance and lines on that Mustang are gorgeous. I also really dig the rake on the converted roadster made from the Revell 3-window.

Here’s what’s on my bench for the last coupla months. It’s a replica of the “Fresno” ’29 Roadster from the movie Deuce of Spades. The car’s current owner, Jerry Mull, has been kind enough to be providing me with detailed pics of the interior, chassis, etc. It’s made from the AMT ’29 Ford roadster on Revell Deuce rails. The front end is from ThePartsBox.com and the rear from Replicas & Minitures Co. of Maryland. The interior is largely scratch built. Paint is Duplicolor Torch Red over white with Testors Metalizer on the hood. The louvers are 3 dimensional resin decals from Archer Fine Transfers. I hope to get it done in time for NNL West on February 27th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics of the 1:1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Church Key

Church Key

That was a Monagram kit, also released as "Street Fighter". Should be able to find at swap meets or on line.

27. Here is one I've been working on A`56 T-Bird Gasser, I just love the look of the earlyT-Birds as gassers!!! I just finished making the headers, I used .062" solder for the primary tubes and 3/16" aluminum tubing for the collectors.

Attached Files:

28. Church Key

Church Key

[​IMG] Another one of my favorite kits...AMT's 29 roadster. I swapped a Revell SBC with three two's. I think I built this one around 1990... The interior is showing some of that much sought after patina.

29. Church Key

Church Key

30. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Great stuff today! Here's a hack job in progress...

Attached Files: