Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hagerty vs Grundy vs Chrome?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprodinc, Jan 31, 2011.

1. choprodinc

choprodinc

Does anyone have any experience with all three, and have an opinion as to why one is better than the other. Lookin to bail from present insurer for cost reasons. Thanx for the input!!!!

2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For what it's worth, I have had good luck with Grundy both price & broken window claim wise. Good luck.

3. Using Hagerty now, never used the other two. Hagerty is really easy to deal with and very reasonable price-wise, $240 for $10k covereage last year.

4. I am using Haggerty and had good luck with a couple of claims both my fault they paid everything no hassel that has been my experiance.

5. choprodinc

choprodinc

6. slowforty

slowforty

Ive had Three Major claims in the last ten years with Grundy with no problems.
    Price on Insurance is Good also.

7. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Do some searching, plenty of threads on here covering this. I know one of the agents from Grundy is a HAMBer that stops on here from time to time.

8. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Use Grundy ,excellent rates and quick to settle claims

9. nummie

nummie

my wife grew up in Traverse City MI, the home of haggerty. They do a lot to give back to the community. even though it is no longer our community, I somehow feel better about giving my hard earned money to a company that cares about the town that it calls home! just my .02

10. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I had Hagerty and switched to Grundy and got better coverage for less money. Never a problem or claim with either, just my experience. Becky from Grundy is/was on here and will answer your questions.

11. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

i have the AAA classic car insurance my 56 f1oo is insured for 28 thousand and its not even finished the hood and fenders are in primer and there is no carpet, redoing it right now and it only cost me 94 dollars for the whole year and its full coverage. i have my regular car insured with and back in 04 my daily got totaled and i thought i was gonna get the shaft but i got paid more then expected with no hassle. so i will stick with them

12. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Dropped Hagerty after raising their rates every year till policy doubled in less than four years with no reason. Happy with Grundy at half the cost, same rate past three years.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I have Grundy on the sedan. $300 a year is way better than the $500 Hagerty wanted.

14. x-2

15. GRUNDY!!! That being said do a search,lotta threads on this over the last couple of years

16. raidmagic

raidmagic

I dropped Hagerty as the rates just kept going up, I have heacock now.

17. I had Heacock but they would not raise my "agreed value" once I put more work into my truck. Went to Grundy and had no problem with the agreed value and the cost from Grundy was less. Pretty much a "no brainer" for me.

18. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

had my 1970 plymouth satellite covered through hagerty back in '06 for $130 a year for $25,000 coverage. very nice people to deal with and they didnt limit my milage.

19. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Chrome is the way to go, mainly because they can do all of your insurance, from your home to your boat to your classic car. Chrome is an agreed value policy, has coverage for "under construction" plus spare parts, has unlimited mileage and the cost is very close to the other two. I like the idea of have one agent for everything. Makes things alot easier when something does happen. Plus they have a "commom cause of loss deductible" which nobody else does!

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Neither Hagerty or Grundy does because they don't even have a deductible. ;) Kinda nice when you have a minor "incident" to get fixed and you don't have to dish out a $500 or $1000 deductible for a small claim.

I was with Hagerty for many, many years with a couple of claims that they did pay out with no hassles whatsoever. I was very happy with their service BUT switched to Grundy about 8 or 9 years ago because of cost.

21. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Grundy all the way.They are reasonable and have good coverage along with a excellent reputation.I have tried others but these guys are the best.

22. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Thats all well and fine until you have a hail storm on three cars and a home. I'll bet your home has a deductible. ;)

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

yeah, and my cars have a garage ;)

Point is, I too will only pay one deductible if all my car and home are damaged at the same time as there is NO deductible on my car.:cool:

How about TWO large seperate claims with Hagerty less then 30 days apart AND no deductible. :D

24. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

If your car is modified,Grundy is much cheaper than Hagerty. Their coverage is about the same cost if your car is stock. Hagerty charges about a 25% premium for modified cars verses stock ones. I switched from Hagerty to Grundy and added another car with 100,000.00 of additional agreed upon value and it was still 50.00 a year cheaper. I've never had a claim so I can't speak on that issue. The only thing I know about Chrome is that it is shiney.

Doc.

25. terry48435

terry48435

I had Sneed Robinson Gerber for many years before they changed their name to Chrome and had no claims. Cost me $500 a year for full coverage. No mileage limit. I don't know about the other companies, but they underwrite you to another company even though you make your claims and payments to them.
    I canceled them when I sold the car and now that I'm getting insurance again I think I'll shop around. Thanks for the info.

26. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Opinions vary, and its too bad that your garage cant travel with you.:rolleyes: I dont mind paying a deductible. Its called sharing the risk and my premiums on my coverage are excellent! :p

27. choprodinc

choprodinc

Thanx! alot of good input... you can research all you want, but i have found that consumer's experiences are the best form of real-world knowledge. Once again Thanx for the input guys... sounds like Grundy has the happiest customers, will give them a call.

28. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

All of the above are great while they are taking your money. The one that I know from experience is Grundy. Two years ago this weekend my car was totaled in the afternoon at 3:30 . I was hit by an uninsured motorist. I called Grundy at 9:30 Monday the next day and the Adjuster was at the Shop at 1:00 asking me what he could do for me. Told me my options. The car was totaled. I had my stated value with no questions and had my check within 10 days. Also the premiums were cheaper than the others. I have been their best salesman since then telling everyone who will listen.

29. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

There has to be more to this story. I have five cars with Hagerty and my premiums have gone down even with the agreed value going up. Is it the state you live in? Or your driving record. Two of my cars are pure hot rods, two classics and a collector car.

30. Denise,is that who covered the burned up car??