Register now to get rid of these ads!

American graffiti 3 the prequel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 8, 2011.

1. sport fury

sport fury

he reminds me of the guy in the t-bucket that was talking to milner

2. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Where were you in '55.....

NAH............:D

3. movingviolation

movingviolation

PlEaSe....PlEaSe don't screw with a great movie by suggesting that it could be improved on...because it can't. And if by some freak'n chance they do decide to screw with the idea....i'm not buying into it. I watched this movie a gazillion times and love every aspect of it.

It's like pouring coke or pepsi in a glass of fine Burbon.... IT FUCKS IT UP!

4. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

Star Wars vs. Hot Rodders????

The Hot rodders are out numbered!

Thegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecoming
    Thegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecomingthegeeksarecoming

5. Mac_55

Mac_55

I know the race wouldnt happen for years down the road , But you would have to write a scene like this into the movie to set it up since its a prequel.

Say Milner is taking the Deuce out for a test run with the new motor . She is fenderless now but still black .
    He pulls into the local dealership to ask his old timer pal in the mechanic shop if he still has those strombergs laying around .

As he pulls up front and walks in , the the camera man stops on a couple outside .

The man, wearing a clean white button down shirt and tie and an elderly woman picking up her brand new 59 Impala .

As he hands her the keys you here the woman say " Thank you Robert , And tell Mrs. Falfa ill have that Chiffon cake recipie ready for her thisevening"

The dealer " Mr. Falfa Sr" then turns to go back in side . Another young man with a pair of coveralls and a grease rag in his pocket walks by . Mr Falfa says " hey Bob , Take Mrs Everlys 55 to the back lot , Motor has a horrible knock to it , And then get cleaned up , Your mom expects us home early for supper".

6. sport fury

sport fury

i agree with you about any remakes. my idea is to make a prequel. being milner was older than his friends in the original AG the movie would be best to focus on him in his younger years in the 1950s. other charactors could be protrade in the script. i picture a 10 year old toad crashing his bicycle into something. milner for sure made the movie what is was to hotrodders.

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

You realize George Lucas would probably have a part in this, meaning ILM would too. There would be corny computer generated stunts, jumps, explosions, machine guns, and probably aliens.

I can think of hundreds of scripts for a hot rod themed movie that would be better than an AG "prequel" (God, how I hate that word).

I'll just wait for Cars 2 to come out, at least you know going in what to expect from a Pixar movie. My confidence in Hollywood taking a great movie and improving it is nil.

8. sport fury

sport fury

i hope someone on the hamb knows george lucus. this is really starting to look good.

9. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

It's an interesting idea. If done right, it could be interesting.

A few thoughts:
    George Lucas can't have anything to do with it. This movie would need to be based on story and dialogue, two things that have been missing from every movie he has made for two decades. No goofy special effects, Lucas would do something silly just because he thinks he can.

It would be interesting to see someone like John Faverau make this movie.

I agree having fresh faces (no established actors) star in the movie would be cool.

I say go for it, even if it's bad, with the right cars, we would still love it. I mean cmon guys, two lane blacktop is horrible, but it's a cool car movie.

10. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

ok I have to give you credit for this one. Your sense of humor is incredible. I started reading your original post....and when I got to to this post...I started laughing....then more....then my wife heard me from the next room. Then I stopped. Then after thinking about the wino, I started up again. You know the kind of laughing that is uncontrollable and you cant stop then you get silly and have to leave the room.

Oh man, thanks for that....my endorphins wont be the same now.

11. x2 on that! That's the only way it could be accurate and really be approved by die-hard car guys. It'd be cool to use regular actors too....like the first movie did. No big stars...that way every one is a new character and face to the younger crowd that's never seen American Graffiti.

12. pinman 39

pinman 39

I would like to read the book .

13. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

I think you didn't read the first post close enough; he said make a prequel; that is what occured leading UP TO American Graffiti!

14. "Shit was live in '55" And McLovin would definitely work as the toadster. Lucas needs to work with the HAMB and make this happen. He has tons of money who cares if it doesn't make any.

15. sport fury

sport fury

your very welcome. i thought this post would help me and others with cabin fever. minnesota winters are sure rough.

16. Troyz

Troyz

I like the prequel idea! I will say I did hear a rumor about a remake...i hope it's not true.

17. CruZer

CruZer

The best part about the "new " True Grit for me was that it was almost vebatim the OLD TG. Right down to Dukes words.

18. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

A reminder
    A good car movie is like finding cheap ardun heads ... same for TV shows.

19. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I wonder if milners coupe had a new for 55 smallblock in it in 55?

20. sport fury

sport fury

that was not unheard of in the 1950s. my dad had a sbc in his coupe in the 50's that was less than a year old. it was from a wrecked car.

21. sport fury

sport fury

milner can have any engine he wants. just because he is milner

22. Truckedup

Truckedup

Yeah,Johnny Depp and Linsay Lohan play the leads.

23. how about the smoking/knocking take out from mrs. Everly's trade in from post # 35?

Milner gets a job at Ray's garage after making the last payment on the deuce.

Ray's gets the job of the motor swap from the Falfas' car lot, and keeps the take out core

Milner works off the cost of parts at the garage, hanging around and learning from the "old timers' " dirt track or lakes adventures, and inadvertently ends up karmicly tied to Falfa and the '55, and the " Paradise Road" race that ultimately takes him off the street and onto the track (AG II)

24. Neglected Legacies

Neglected Legacies
    from Nor Cal

If Lucas was doing it, they could do it all with computer animation and digitize all the actors faces from photos of when they were younger. That way they could make all the scenes in 3D based on old photos of the actual scenes where Lucas was growing up, instead of using available locations like San Rafael and Petaluma in AG. And they could put in a digitized teenage lucas based on the photo of him with his teen greaser look and scowl. I saw this photo in a book, but can't find in an image search - maybe he had them all deleted...

25. I definitely like this idea. Another story arc might be how the Pharoahs got started. Definitely leave the Steve, Curt, Toad, et al characters, out of it unless they're as impressionable kids hanging around the garage where John is building the car. I'd like to see the car start out flathead powered and Milner losing until he gets the belly-button motor. Maybe even a sideways reference to the California Kid sheriff (set in 1957, IIRC).

26. Racrdad

Racrdad

I would love to see a prequel made if it was made right but those idiots in Hollywood would screw it up. It would end up being a fast n furious with 50's cars.

27. Gator

Gator

28. With all the The Fast and the seriously borings, Rockys, Diehards, Beverly Hills Cops, Spidermans, Star Wars and Hawaii 5 O's....I'm sure there's a place for a well written AG 3 ....Doesn't have to be a prequel though

29. OR how about a movie ,call it " more and more american graffiti " where a bunch of car guy sit around their PC's talking about the good ol days and how it would be cool to see movies about them ....lol

30. smarg

smarg

Read in the back of most R&C magazines from the 50's even up into the early 60's they had many adds that were selling motors that weren't even a year old..

I think in '55 it could have be done. Just need to know the right people.

I think that they would screw up a legendary movie by making another one.

More American Graffiti was pushing it.

Regardless, I would still die to see the prequel!!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011