Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member and you guys are crazy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by solidaxle, Jan 7, 2011.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

If we don't post the stuff we've observed or learned in a lifetime our heads will explode and the knowledge will be lost, that is why the HAMB exists. Welcome!

2. Tripple G

Tripple G

Hope you have lots of money,:rolleyes:..... nothing cheap about this hobby of hot rodding & car building. I'm speaking from my own experience. Check out my '32 5 window coupe build photos in my albums section. Almost 3 years invested in the project & more $$$ than I care to think about. I went the 1-800-Hot Rod route, there are cheaper ways to go. Stay the course and don't give up!
    WELCOME

3. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

10-4 on that one.

4. nummie

nummie

crazy? well, we're all here cause we're not all there!!

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm, there may be something to this insanity thing. I just called up about some parts, told them I heard about them on the HAMB,
    Got told that there is an old saying...............

Stupid is as a HAMBer does!!!

I'm not sure but I think we have been insulted!

Doc.

6. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

Welcome! No I don't work.I quit so I could be on the HAMB. I'm an addict.Thing about HAMB is it's educational,humorous,sometimes dramatic and just plain enjoyable.

7. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

WOW, SOLIDAXLE, you should feel lucky! This is probly THE kindest welcome ever givin here. Maybe we are goin crazy???

8. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

oh yeah, I do work, I have a desk job, that's why I have so much time to be here.

9. padorey

padorey

Welcome from Southern Az. Some are crazy,some of us don't have a life. The rest of us are car people.

10. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Nice lowrider padorey!!

11. banditomerc

banditomerc

The craziness is infectious if you get to close......to late for you!! Just go with it.

12. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Just logged on again and read the responses, you guys confirmed my theory your crazy. he he.
    Thanks for the tips

Something you don't know about me and please don't hold it against me. maybe you can tell by my name (Solidaxle) I'm a corvette guy ,a numbers matching corvette guy, did I say that? Crap I'm out of the closet. Feels bitchen.

I've got a top flight 61 that I have owed since 1986 and will never sell. I like original cars but want to try something different like a traditional rod.

Looking forward to keep checking in.

13. volksjunky

volksjunky

Welcome from the great white north ! Funny thing is Im from the Troylet too ! Havent actually been in Troy in in quite a few years, pretty much since my grandmother passed. My pops lives up by Lake Gearge now.

14. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Welcome from about 30 miles north of you.
    Nothing wrong with a 61 Vette.
    Work?Well,tomorrow,after 45+ years of work,I am getting laid off.Means more time here and in the garage.Screw'em.

15. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Lake George has got to be one of the most beautiful lakes in the world and they have the Adirondack Nationals there,Lots of great cars

16. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Sorry to hear that. I'm in construction and that's the first thing to slow down.Some how it always picks up.

17. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

who the fuck you calling crazy , bitch?

ill come to your goddamn house and make you eat my freshly clipped toenails while my uncle touches himself and video tapes you eating them, does that sound crazy to you? cus thats life.

18. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Huumm, Now I'm concerned:eek:

19. Deuces

Deuces

Lighten up Francis!... Hahahaha.. :D

20. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I have a feeling I'll get advise if I want it or not from these guys .he he

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I am kinda hungry and since you offered....................:p

As for work I guess that is totally governed by your interpretation of work. I did work, the sort people think of as work. That was until I heard about the H.A.M.B. I remember the day clearly. I was standing in the door of a C-130 wondering why I was going to do this for the 1660th time. I was thinking about this HAMB thing and decided, fuckit I will jump no more, I will soldier my way around this world too no more. So I jumped, yeah so? I hear you say, you have a parachute? Well yeah but this one didn't open, not fully so I plummeted the 1000ft to the ground still strapped to about 90kg of combat equipment and my rifle.
    You know what? DANG it hurt too, but once they finished with the operations and rehabilitation and I learned how to walk again I was free! FREE! FREE to hang out on the HAMB and be disliked by the masses.

As for the sanity? I left that in a Rwandan shit hole called Kibeho on the 22April1995, hell I can even give you a time 1015HRS in the Hospital compound.

So you see Veterans Affairs pays me to surf the net and hang out here.

I do have a little advice though. NEVER, and I mean NEVER EVER mention that you are a 100pt Corvette guy!! (Honestly for the love of god don't mention it!)
    And secondly, pull on your thickest skin. The 100pt show car guy of any type cop a hammering on a regular basis, like a couple of times a day.

Doc.

22. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

You guys are killing me He He. Just fiqured I'd get the corvette thing out and clear the air,start fresh and all. How about chevelles is that taboo also ?

23. fuknKIWI

fuknKIWI

G'day bloke I hope the clouds are waving goodbye...

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shitvelles are fine so long as you don't talk of said abomination. As a daily driver it sure beats the shit out of a new car!!
    Don't tell anyone but I drive a 92 model Ford Falcon so when it comes to cool points the newbie beats me................bugger, I must now hang my head in shame.
    Hell even your first Hot Rod is older than mine. I think I feel an A model in my future, either that or I need to take a shit?

Doc.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh look! a FuknKiwi! You guys are everywhere, did someone build a bridge that I don't know about?;)

G'day and welcome to the HAMB.

Doc.