Register now to get rid of these ads!

Definitive S-10 Frame Swap Vehicle List

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Merry Christmas ,, damn nice so far i say JoeTx..
    as i recall this isnt your first cool project
    cant help you with any rack n pinion questions,
    I have one in an ass-tro van,, i only use that thing for storage, :)
    maybe end up using it,, havent got that far on my 41..

2. YAPP

YAPP

Unisteer makes a bolt in rack and pinion converstion for the S-10 chassis. They just did a piece on it in Custom Classic Trucks or Classic Trucks (same thing). They have a ongoing build feature using a glass Willys P/U on an s10 chassis.

Here's the link for the part. It's pricy but how much is your time and effort and trial and error going to cost (speaking from my own painful and expensive fabricating efforts)? The part is listed as 1996 to something but the info button will show you that it works on 1982 and up (until they changed to the Colorado)

http://www.unisteer.com/search_by_product/bolt_in_rack_pinions/s-10/1996-04_s10_rack_only.html

Maybe it will work depeding on how much of that S10 is used on your truck.

Terry in SoCal

3. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

thank you rustnchrome n novadude for the info,, also i think im going to use the cab mounts off of the 62 c10??????? what ya think??? merry chrismas to all

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I may have missed it in the 1500 plus posts to this thread but,
    has anyone explained how this thread deserves to be on a traditional hot rod and custom site?

If you want to be true to this site you will stop posting off topic stuff.

5. joel torres

joel torres

then i guess we are going to have to start a forum for hot rod and custom is there a way to add one to the hamb like a sister page where we can get together but stay out of the front page of the hamb so our post wont offend the traditional guys

6. joel torres

joel torres

7. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

MERRY CHRISTMAS PAUL THE EDITOR

Later,
    Billy

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

If its off topic why did you bother to open it up just to make a useless comment and make it an even bigger thread...it would have been closed along time ago if it wasnt ok with Ryan.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

First off, Paul is a mod and has given tons to this board. And Ryan has let it live and tried to keep it confined to this post because he's a nice guy, but he has even commented that this stuff is off topic. It was fine when it was a littler here, a little there, but it has gotten a little out of control at times. Seriously you guys could start a forum for s10rods and then be able to do your thing unhindered.

10. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Some of you guys kill me, I know this is a traditional hot rod forum, and I get it. That said it,s also a forum with a lot of guys that build & have traditional cars but also build other more non traditional cars and trucks for economical or other reasons. I can't see where sharing knowledge and ideas about these builds is such a big deal, you can see this thread dosen't show up that often, just one guys opinion...............

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

and it costs money to support this forum, yet those that usually have this attitude aren't even Alliance members. Then wonder why O/T stuff gets trashed.

12. DeepSea Fish

DeepSea Fish

I love the "Traditional Police" it's my favorite part of the Hamb. Just a little reminder of what your opinion of traditional is. Thanks.

S-10 frame, International truck, blah, blah..... Just build something cool and get on with it. Not everything about every car or truck is traditional. This seems like a suspension upgrade that makes sense. Safety and moneywise.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    always be closing likes this.
  13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yep and Clark's truck, the one that started all this. So what. Like I said there is some leeway granted. But if you want to go O/T at least support the board. But then from your intro I'd not expect much.

14. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

My .02,,
    Abomination started this thread awhile ago and
    I caught wind of it since I am in the middle of the very type of project,

I guess maybe its not traditional in the definition set forth
    by the HAMB ownership, but it is inspiring to see guys updating old iron,
    putting safer frames and brake hardware under them and putting them back on the road,
    And the Wikipedia also brought a compliment to the HAMB due to this thread.
    But
    If Ryan decides to kill it,
    who am i to argue,
    I will be sad to see this thread die,
    I suppose as an owner and a DataBase Admin standpoint I understand.

15. DeepSea Fish

DeepSea Fish

Thanks. Merry Christmas Zman and everybody else.

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

Do you?

This one is done...

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.