Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here into large scale (1/8) car models???

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Deuces, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Nope... But I do have one of the 1/8 Revell trike kits..

2. Mojo

Mojo

those are outstanding! Do you have any more construction pics?

3. Thanks LabRat. It sure is a lot of fun.:D
    Great to see you got your home done. Hope your enjoying the Perth summer.:)

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Here are a couple done my my late friend "40Bcool"/ Jim Simpson. The one in the single case is a replica of the Rolling Stone out of Dallas Tx and restored by the Hot Rod Garage in Sand Springs Ok. It was displayed in their showroom. Jim was in process of doing one of Jason Smith's [HRG] blue 32 highboy at the time of his death. I understand it will be displayed in it's incomplete state in memory of Jim. I am fortunate to have one he did for himself in my display case thanks to his brother Scott. That is the black one with the flathead. He was a true craftsman, wish I had pictures of the many others he did, including a couple of the steel ones the guys in St Louis make.

Attached Files:

Deuces and kiwijeff like this.
  5. Deuces

Deuces

That is a nice build... Sorry to hear about your friend. :(

6. Ralph Henderson

Ralph Henderson

7. car toon

car toon

Here are my first two biggies. The T is my take on the Big Drag...kind of a cross between that and the Monogram Green Hornet. I am currently working on a 1/8 jalopy roundy rounder and a Topo altered....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deuces and kiwijeff like this.
  8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

NICE wires. And baloon tires, too. I'll have to email him and see if a set is less than my 2nd mortgage. Thanx for the link.. Gary

9. Deuces

Deuces

Thanks guys for keeping this thread alive!! :)

10. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

Thanks Jim, Gary & Mojo for the compliments.
    Jim, my house only has one model in it but my garage is filling up quick.
    These shelves are 4' x 28' and the bottom three rows are all 1/8 scale builds.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. car toon

car toon

Al does some great model work. He is always coming up with builds nobody else does. The 1/8 wrecker is a good example (far right, second shelf to bottom in the above pic).

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. Ralph Henderson

Ralph Henderson

yep, and Al also mastered the gmc 6cyl in my orange Altered..

13. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! I've seen his work before on LSM.. Very cool stuff! :)

14. pstreet

pstreet

After i melted the original carbs for my 32' ford in a paint striping fiasco a few years back, Al was nice enough to send me a complete new set in the mail, thanks again.

Al is a stand up guy, and as most of you probably know builds a lot of great looking models as well. His black hemi powered 32 roadster, chopped hemi 3 window and gasser anglia are among my favorites.

15. Could someone please advise me where I can purchase a 1/8 resin body for a 32 three window coupe?
    Thanks
    Greg Stokes

16. car toon

car toon

Greg, you can get one from edeuce.com. Mike Gradis is the owner.

17. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Be careful buying from Mike. He sent me a 32 3 window body that was cracked & it had a large hole in it just under the rear window (both repairable but for the cost it shouldn't have been shipped out to me like this). The body was also VERY wavy & uneven. For me the body was mediocre at best. And before anyone asks, no it wasn't a seconds body. I can only imagine what they look like. :eek:

18. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Here is that Braided line I was talking about. Just in case someone was interested.

[​IMG]

19. Thanks - shown is a stock roof height. Can you tell me if there are any chopped versions?

Thanks, any other options?

20. Deuces

Deuces

You could try www.scalemotorcars.com The owner might still have some... I have a resin 3W with a 3.00" scale chop and a stock firewall.. I'll post some pics of it when I dig it out of my stash..

21. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a interesting subject for a model build.. Just takes a little kitbashing and some scratch building. I already have 2 sets of the T/A N-50 tires for the back plus I need to make some deep dish Torq-Thrust mags. I just gotta figure out how to do the back half... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

Anyone know who owns ^^that^^ tow truck??? Or anyone have more pictures of it???..

23. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

Jim, did you tell Mike about it ? I have purchased several bodies from e deuce and one arrived warped beyond repair. I contacted Mike and he replaced the defective body without question. I also have a couple of his seconds I bought off e bay. The only problems so far are thin spots easily repairable with a little resin.

24. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

That is a cool tow truck. After lengthening the frame, if you have an extra T rear spring you could use round styreen tube and make a tag axle for the rear. It wouldn't need a ring & pinion or brakes. And if you have two T beds you can glue them togther for length or scratch build your own. Ya definately need to build it.

Deuces likes this.
  25. Deuces

Deuces

Yep Al! I got all the extra parts.. Thanks bud! :) Now I just need to find a wrecker with all the gear and take some snap shots... :eek:

26. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Yes Al, I did but sorry to say it didn't go down well & he lost a customer. I was extremely disappointed in the way he handled the whole sale. Just not very professionally. :(

27. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

kiwijeff and slack like this.
  28. car toon

car toon

That is unfortunate, Jim. I have purchased two bodies from him and they were fine. Don't know what changed?

29. Deuces

Deuces

30. Old Hermits wreaker is definitly one of my favorite 32s.
    Im building a 29 model a wreaker in 1/25. would love to do one in1/8th, but ive got enough on the go. lol.
    great reference pics of the boom.

Deuces likes this.