Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help find a color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, Dec 15, 2010.

1. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I am in the process of collecting parts for my 32 ford pickup. It is going to be a hoodless and fenderless pickup. Im tall so there is no chop or channel. It is going to a regular be highboy pickup with and early hemi. I have ran into a dillema trying to find a color, i want something different, I was leaning towards a bright green but i feel that green is more of a chopped and channeled style. anyone know of a good color for a highboy pickup? something different?

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

If it's the truck in your avatar, I'd say it looks pretty good as it is. Sometimes NOT going for a crazy color is more unique than sticking to tradition. Like you said yourself, a bright green say chopped and channeled. Maybe you should let the pickup speak for itself in somber, stoic black and let the early Hemi do all the talking in a bright colored block and lots of chrome, then paint the wheels to match the block.
    Just a thought. Other than that, I'd say build it and let the color come to you in its own time.

3. you know- I have yet to see one done up low rider syle

4. Not to be a jerk, but your questions contradict each other- any responses will likely be based on experiences and therefore, not "different".

A better question is "What color would a hot rodder have chosen back in the '40's/50's/60's?"

On the other hand, if you truly want something "different", don't bother asking for advice- the sky's the limit.

5. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

Patriot blue from the chrysler pt cruiser line.

6. Forest Green is a Ford color it would look good on an old pickup. Some of the F-1s came that way. My '55 Ranch Wagon was that color from the factory I always liked that car.

7. dark blood color, like a wine

8. ClimisCD

ClimisCD

It's all been done before. Maybe not those rattle can faux stone textures, but theres a good reason why. Maybe try a less often used technique, like brush painting.

9. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

Thanks for the reply guys, I was thinking about black and wire wheels to match the block, that green tudor looks awsome that color realy looks nice on it. When i said something different I wasn't asking for something never been done before just something out of the box a little.