Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 3 window "barn find" at Scottsdale GoodGuys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by al8apex, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The real FACT is ... it will sell and for close to 60 grand.
    IF ... I did not already have my 32 3W coupe ... I would be making the guy a offer. :) :)

When I bought mine 6 years ago, some folks said I paid too much. Now ... folks say WHAT A GOOD DEAL IS WAS :rolleyes:

60 grand will look like a GREAT price ... in 5 or so years. :eek:

2. Hey just go on Ejay....seach 32 Ford 3 window.....lots of bodies on there for less than $6K ....frames for a grand......BUT if you want a UNIQUE 1932 .....look for a Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Nash or Desoto, etc......all steel cars and Hemis are appropriate power...... or go to Brookville they wil make you a new steel that you can add your own rust.....but then.... everybody has one...be BOLD ....Be DIFFERENT :)

3. I cannot believe what people want for 32 3 windows! Holy EFF!

4. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

I hear ya FifTsix.... Everybody has a different take on hot rodding..... I wanted to build a slick roadster and not sell my house to do it......

5. ron60

ron60

Go to Classic Auto Trader and look up 32 Ford Model B Roadster under hot rods and customs, price $4,799,900.

6. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

what are you guys smokn'.....................Ol Deuce...........

7. Plowboy

Plowboy

It is cool for sure, but from what I have seen the market isn't there the way it was a couple of years ago. Junior's buddy bought that decent 3 window out on the east coast at that auction that everyone on the internet knew about for 18 grand. It had fenders, chrome garnish and was in pretty decent shape.

Troy's old 3 window from Indy sold on ebay about a year ago for 28 grand and it was a steel running driving car.

I'd say 35-40 probably wouldn't be too bad of a price but 60 is pushing it a bit.

8. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Thats what we all need for our Deuces ........LOL........If the $60G car didn't need a
    full RESTO , I would say he has a Keeper............Ol Deuce

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Neat car but not worth anywhere near 60K. Thats also not to say a "Bronzer" won't cough up the 60K. There's plenty of fine running driving cars out there in the 30-50K range. We all know what it would take to finish that 60K Deuce. It doesn't make sense to me to pay that much for a builder. I couldn't justify laying out that type of cash for what it is. Besides I don't need to have that type of cash tied up in a toy. Thats just my opinion.

10. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

You could buy my sedan for that :)

11. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

but,imho, i dont think the guys that would pay this much for an unmolested original survivour car would be "building" it,more like just getting it running and drivable again and leave it as is to show the originality of it.,but thats just my observation. its alot of money,but someone will pay it.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Really? Find me some fairly rust free '32 three window bodies for under some six grand. . . along with some thousand dollar, useable original frames (not hack jobs) and we'll make a deal.

13. I haven't seen an 32 3 windows for less than 6 grand,,and if the were there they would be just a pile of rust,,,everybody doesn't want one.

Bottom line,,Real original Henry 32's are drying up,,and the prices reflect that.

Complaining about the price ain't gonna change your mind if you don't care for them,and it won't sway the thinking of guys that love the deuce. HRP

14. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

True, but that's for a builder. That's for a car that you plan to completely rework and make you own, not a car to restore to it's heyday.
    I wouldn't give 60k for a car that I planned on rodding out and chopping up, but if I wanted to preserve a relic, then I'd be willing to pay for one to resurrect.
    That car won't be sold to your average joe to personalize, it'll go to a collector to be restored and preserved.

15. John Stimac

John Stimac

You hit the nail rigjht on the head, here's my BVL body, and all the other things it takes to make a car, I've got 41 in this whole package

Stimac

Attached Files:

16. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I've never seen an "average" guy with a '32 3W. They drive Hondas.

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Deuce Roadster and others (those who have a grasp on reality, not pipe dreams, REALITY) put a true perspective on this one. No one WANTS to spend this much for a toy,but some playgrounds are more expensive to play in than others.
    In 1972 I bought a '32 5w/full fendered/ rust free/270 hp 283 (dual quad 283 w/less than 500 miles on it)/ new BW 4spd w/hurst shifter/'57 rearend/ 8 convex lense SW gauges. I could have changed the oil,put in a new battery, flushed the fuel system and done some minor reassembly and been driving it for the last 38 years. Instead I tore it the rest of the way down and never have got it back on the road. The price......................$3000 and I had to borrow the money to buy it. I got caught up finally finding my dream car and the next morning I wanted to die from embarrasment. It was over 6 years later when I finally revealed what I paid and even then it was only to a couple of close friends that "understood".
    I'll bet I could get almost $4,000 for it today................:eek::rolleyes::D, GET MY DRIFT?

Frank

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Average guys drive Hondas?
    Average in San Fran maybe........

19. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

LOL Too true!!!

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Hey Frank, what did a new car cost in 1972? I was born in '73 so I don't know, but since I am 37 now that means you should probably have that '32 on the road by now. ha ha

You can quote the highest prices that you have ever seen anything sell for all day long, but if you use average prices I don't think you will come up with that much money...and I don't think you would call me a dreamer, I have owned 3 '32s....of course they were so shitty that they morphed into one though. ha ha

21. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Deuce coupes are a highly desirable car....

Guys in suits with money buy Ferraris sip wine and have models for girlfriends.

Guys like us with money shoot bourbon and take the girlfriends of guys in suits for rides in their deuce coupes.

22. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

32's hard to find for a decent price... 32's with real hot rod history hard to find for any price and in MHO nearly priceless. We all try to make cars look like they were built in the 50's... this one actually was.

23. henryj429

henryj429

Don't forget that the car is for sale in a part of the country where people trip over stacks of cash trying to get out of their quarter million dollar motor homes. That car would bring half as much up here in the North.

Can anyone keep an eye on this and see what it ends up selling for?

24. HRod 50

HRod 50

60k?? Wow!!!

25. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I,m definately not average,more like below average.
    And I,ll never own a Honda.
    BTW,I wouldn,t sell mine for what he wants for that one.

RIP ED

26. MilesM

MilesM

I beleive it had Colorado phone number or something made me think they brought it from CO. I believe they took it home with them also.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

Thats an other question that needs to be answered. If its such a smoking deal at 60K, why did they have to take it home? Smoking deals usually sell, not get taken home.

28. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

:D now those are words well written,;) Ol Deuce

29. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Gman has a point.... A car is only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it....

30. F&J

F&J

Forget the price for a minute... can you imagine the guy who opened the shed door and saw that old rod with that striping and motor. Heart failure for the graybeards like me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.